Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,125 members, 7,880,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:57 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) (51986 Views)

Obaseki Names Cabinet At Last / 10 Months Later, Obaseki Finally Names Cabinet (see Full List) / Sanwo-olu Names 132 Housing Units At Iponri After Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by naptu2: 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
donphilopus:

Seems two Edo guys made the list. Samuel Dawodu is also a medical doctor and lawyer from Edo State.

The medical doctor and lawyer from Edo State, Segun Toyin Dawodu (who owns Dawodu.com) is different from the son of the late great Lagos State politician, Alhaji Ganiyu Dawodu.

Alhaji Ganiyu Dawodu's son is also named Segun Dawodu and he was the commissioner for sports in Tinubu's administration. He resigned when his father wanted to contest against Tinubu in the 2003 election.

Segun Dawodu (the son of Ganiyu Dawodu) was a member of Sanwo-Olu's campaign team.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Russo2017: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:
On matters concerning HERDSMEN, Baba Lifeless is faster than a private jet, but on matters concerning selecting MINISTERS, Baba Go Slow is more slower than the brains of 30K BMC miscreants.

Kudos to Babajide.
Have Sense In Jesus Name!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by officialJP(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
plaindealer:

Or no man's land.

So, Lagos actually belong to somebody sha. Wonderful revelation.

grin grin
let's laugh jor grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Vcblinks(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Na so.
How many Igbos are on the list of top 5 richest Nigerians? None. Yorubas have 3.

How many Igbos are in the list of top 10 richest Nigerians? 2 Yorubas have 5.

Keep trading in your 2by2 chicken cage shops pending when we get tired of your nonsense and put a policy in place to punish you.look at this fool,where one person is richer than the lot.go to every igbo family you will find out you have three billionaires.go to nnewi it has most billionaires that your town can ever get. as a whole we are billionaires.we don't do one person richer than the lot.every body is equalled.that is why if an igbo guys want to buy land they will buy enmasse like what is happening in that your lagos.go and check what happening in festac.we don't do one eye in the midst of blind man.if you can beat them join them and stop the hate

You're from Anambra but the nonsense you try in Lagos, Igbos from Ebonyi can't try it in Anambra. We would put you guys in your place and you can go to hell.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by mozona(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
na only yoruba people vote for APC for lagos.

only the yorubas in his cabinet.

it doesn't look well with me!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by dododawa1: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
our name is not on d list,is unfair, IPOB Lagos branch.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by dododawa1: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
our name is not on d list,is unfair,we own Lagos together,IPOB LAGOS BRANCH.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by kgr8mike(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Igbos make Lagos work but Alaigbo is worse than a latrine.

Hate speech
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by armadeo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Jide Idris nko
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by General0847: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
donphilopus:
BTW, I can see names from one particular region. Seems those other guys from the other part have taught their colleagues from this part how not to engage others. shocked shocked

It's a welcome development if you ask me. You can't be benefiting from us when we ain't benefiting from you.

What are you benefiting? Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by naptu2: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
mfm04622:

Can you confirm if this is the first time we are seeing all new cabinet in Lagos State? I know Fashola worked with most of the commissioners that worked with Tinubu. Did Ambode change all or just some?

These are the ones that I can easily recognise.

1) Gbolahan Lawal:

He was Tinubu's ADC from 1999-2007. He was summoned to Abuja and detained on the eve of the 2007 election (President Obasanjo's government clamped down on anybody that they thought that the opposition could use against them in the 2007 election. Atiku's ADC was also arrested).

He went abroad for his masters in 2007 and returned to Nigeria in 2009. He then became a special assistant or special adviser to Governor Fashola 2009-2011.

He was the commissioner for agriculture in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

He was the commissioner for housing in Ambode's administration from 2015-2019.

He has been nominated by Sanwo-Olu.

2) Tunji Bello:

He was the commissioner for the environment in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

He was the secretary to the state government in Ambode's administration from 2015-2019.

3) Segun Dawodu:

Segun Dawodu's father was an apostle of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. He served as a commissioner in Jakande's administration from 1979-1983. He was also a leader in the PSP part of the SDP from 1991-1993.

Segun Dawodu served as commissioner of sports in Tinubu's administration from 1999-2003.

4) Dr Wale Ahmed:

Dr Wale Ahmed served as commissioner for special duties in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by WhoRUDeceiving: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Oduduwa state funded by Ijaw and co....
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by moshino(m): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
plaindealer:

This one don vex enter pain..

Na by force?

grin grin

My dear, where I am, I have no vex and no pain. I just pity you guys. For all I care, let them drop 1 million nuclear weapons in Nigeria and kill every living thing there, I don't care. I will wake up the next morning, go do my business, come home and sip Pina colada and eat barbecue in front of the waterfront, life goes on.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by uvie66: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nepotism at its extreme, why must all the commissioners be of Yoruba extraction, despite the igbos dominating the business community in Lagos.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by donphilopus: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
naptu2:

The medical doctor and lawyer from Edo State, Segun Toyin Dawodu (who owns Dawodu.com) is different from the son of the late great Lagos State politician, Alhaji Ganiyu Dawodu.

Alhaji Ganiyu Dawodu's son is also named Segun Dawodu and he was the commissioner for sports in Tinubu's administration. He resigned when his father wanted to contest against Tinubu in the 2003 election.

Segun Dawodu (the son of Ganiyu Dawodu) was a member of Sanwo-Olu's campaign team.

Oh. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by uvie66: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
ensamy:

No Igbo man in the list ?
Despite computer village and Alaba market been dominated by the Igbos. and this coming from a Man that travelled to US to undergo training in management.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Ewedegubbler: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Where is Joe igbokwe, why is his name not there? Abi he no qualify?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by adem30: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
RichBoy247:
None of the developers who developed Lagos but cannot develop their drugs infested region in the list? I thought the Flattinos said they are majority in Lagos.

I have been waiting for this list Bro, I was thinking he would made such mistake to give Igbo a commissioner again.

It is time we stop unnecessary accommodation of ingrates in our land. The privilege the will not give to a stranger in their land, whenever you give them they will feel they are ontop of the world.

I knew Tinubu has his plans for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by BABSSSOO(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
haaaahaaa Tunji bello dey there again....the guy no dey tire in?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by plaindealer: 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
uvie66:
Nepotism at its extreme, why must all the commissioners be of Yoruba extraction, despite the igbos dominating the business community in Lagos.

This is not Nepotism, find a better word to use.

According to the people from SE on NL, there are many Yoruba and Hausa people in the SE, the question is, how many of them made cabinet list anywhere in the SE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by olajizz01(m): 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
delugajackson:
The right headline should have been "Tinubu names Cabinet."

Classic case of Hand of Esau, Voice of Jacob.
Wailer like you always wail on nothing just as leprechaun.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by EtovalAutomobil: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Okay
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Onigbindemmd: 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
uvie66:

Protest over this now,sebi kanu is alive
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by mfm04622: 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
naptu2:

These are the ones that I can easily recognise.

1) Gbolahan Lawal:

He was Tinubu's ADC from 1999-2007. He was summoned to Abuja and detained on the eve of the 2007 election (President Obasanjo's government clamped down on anybody that they thought that the opposition could use against them in the 2007 election. Atiku's ADC was also arrested).

He went abroad for his masters in 2007 and returned to Nigeria in 2009. He then became a special assistant or special adviser to Governor Fashola 2009-2011.

He was the commissioner for agriculture in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

He was the commissioner for housing in Ambode's administration from 2015-2019.

2) Tunji Bello:

He was the commissioner for the environment in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

He was the secretary to the state government in Ambode's administration from 2015-2019.

3) Segun Dawodu:

Segun Dawodu's father was an apostle of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. He served as a commissioner in Jakande's administration from 1979-1983. He was also a leader in the PSP part of the SDP from 1991-1993.

Segun Dawodu served as commissioner of sports in Tinubu's administration from 1999-2003.

4) Dr Wale Ahmed:

Dr Wale Ahmed served as commissioner for special duties in Fashola's administration from 2011-2015.

Thank you
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by SocialJustice: 12:29am On Jul 15, 2019
donphilopus:
BTW, I can see names from one particular region. Seems those other guys from the other part have taught their colleagues from this part how not to engage others. shocked shocked

It's a welcome development if you ask me. You can't be benefiting from us when we ain't benefiting from you.
Yeah, I was also looking for non yorubas in the list.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Fortune109: 1:34am On Jul 15, 2019
Fake list!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Ahmed030(m): 3:24am On Jul 15, 2019
How many Yoruba name is in Igbo cabinet in your state, or is it only Igbo people that is living there?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 15, 2019
delugajackson:
The right headline should have been "Tinubu names Cabinet."

Classic case of Hand of Esau, Voice of Jacob.
What has tinubu done to you ,or you want to shine by disrespecting people. Let's grow above unnecessary talks.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by jayson87: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Yes Tinubu did.

Tinubu is releasing cabinet whereas your father is in the village licking moinmoin leaf like a baby goat.
Why did your mother born you with such a bitter soul.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by ayokellany: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2019
Bridget95:
Remove tribalism from your skull .

⁰ as your fathers removed it from their own souls
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) by Chimaokigwe: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2019
jayson87:
Why did your mother born you with such a bitter soul.

Why did your mother not have sense to pass on to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane / Nigerian Soldier Killed 14 Boko Haram Terrorists Before He Was Killed / Moment Tinubu Disowned Osinbajo: I Have No Son Grown For Presidency (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.