Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,725 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO (10934 Views)

Sexually Transmitted Infections That Affects The Brain / List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by eddieguru(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2019
cool cool
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by KIDfurniture(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2019
No sex no disease.....no fornication no disease .. marry and stick to your partner . Herpes & hepatitis B bad pass hiv
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by lonelydora: 7:15am On Jul 15, 2019
mrakeli62:
Everyday, there are more than one million new cases of curable sexually transmitted infections among people aged 15-49 years, according to data released by the World Health Organisation.

This amounts to more than 376 million new cases annually of four infections–chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomoniasis and syphilis.

“We’re seeing a concerning lack of progress in stopping the spread of sexually transmitted infections worldwide,” said WHO’s Executive Director for Universal Health Coverage and the Life-Course, Dr. Peter Salama.

He added: “This is a wake-up call for concerted effort to ensure everyone, everywhere can access the services they need to prevent and treat these debilitating diseases.

Published online by WHO Bulletin, the research showed that, among men and women aged 15–49 years, there were 127 million new cases of chlamydia in 2016, 87 million of gonorrhoea, 6.3 million of syphilis and 156 million of trichomoniasis.

“These STIs have a profound impact on the health of adults and children worldwide.

“If untreated, they can lead to serious and chronic health effects that include neurological and cardiovascular disease, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirths, and increased risk of HIV. They are also associated with significant levels of stigma and domestic violence,” the bulletin explained.

Syphilis alone caused an estimated 200,000 stillbirths and newborn deaths in 2016, making it one of the leading causes of baby loss globally.

STIs remain persistent and endemic health threat worldwide. Since the last published data for 2012, there has been no substantive decline in either the rates of new or existing infections.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/over-1million-get-sexually-transmitted.html

People, be faithful to your partner
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by bukatyne(f): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2019
mrakeli62:
Everyday, there are more than one million new cases of curable sexually transmitted infections among people aged 15-49 years, according to data released by the World Health Organisation.

This amounts to more than 376 million new cases annually of four infections–chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomoniasis and syphilis.

“We’re seeing a concerning lack of progress in stopping the spread of sexually transmitted infections worldwide,” said WHO’s Executive Director for Universal Health Coverage and the Life-Course, Dr. Peter Salama.

He added: “This is a wake-up call for concerted effort to ensure everyone, everywhere can access the services they need to prevent and treat these debilitating diseases.

Published online by WHO Bulletin, the research showed that, among men and women aged 15–49 years, there were 127 million new cases of chlamydia in 2016, 87 million of gonorrhoea, 6.3 million of syphilis and 156 million of trichomoniasis.

“These STIs have a profound impact on the health of adults and children worldwide.

“If untreated, they can lead to serious and chronic health effects that include neurological and cardiovascular disease, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirths, and increased risk of HIV. They are also associated with significant levels of stigma and domestic violence,” the bulletin explained.

Syphilis alone caused an estimated 200,000 stillbirths and newborn deaths in 2016, making it one of the leading causes of baby loss globally.

STIs remain persistent and endemic health threat worldwide. Since the last published data for 2012, there has been no substantive decline in either the rates of new or existing infections.

How will it not increase when every effort to make people sexually pure is rebuffed and discarded as archaic and slavery?
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by patorial(m): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2019
atarapa:
I wonder how some pple will just come out figure. They will tell us malaria kill so so million. Hiv kill soso million. Typhoid kill soso million to mention but a few.

The one million dollar question is. how many are we in this planet earth?

About 7 billion of us grin grin grin angry

Remember I said about oo
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by bukatyne(f): 7:20am On Jul 15, 2019
KIDfurniture:
No sex no disease.....no fornication no disease .. marry and stick to your partner . Herpes & hepatitis B bad pass hiv

@bold:

100% true.

1 Like

Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by patorial(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2019
Forreellinc:

Nope buh its a haven for bacteria and sh!t

You are completely misinformed
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by martineverest(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Buhari over to you, tell us the ones u got from your cows
childish
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by kponkedenge(m): 7:34am On Jul 15, 2019
This is serious.
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by cowardafonja: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2019
atarapa:
This is Unacceptable.

What do you mean? Haven't you heard that fulani people fvck their cows? Are you not aware that buhari was a herdsman before joining the military through quota system? Were you not told that he rapedd a lot of young cows before rapingg aisha when she was only a teenager? How can you explain buhari's undying love fo cows?
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by antagonist: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2019
martineverest:
childish

typical example of EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Hoodbilonia: 7:48am On Jul 15, 2019
Show me one man that died peacefully
Since adam and eve disobeyed God
We all shall pay.
So Bleep dis talk about disease. When ebola came to naija
Bleep
I was terrified i.i was like is dis how am gonna die
But God said No.
So fuc k it
Anything can kill man in naija
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by 7victor(m): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2019
JESUS CHRIST is the messiah and the son of GOD. It is HE that saves and heals us.
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by baratech: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Over one million??
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Eaugusta(f): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2019
aaronson:
The worst part is many Nigeria hospitals don't have the right machine to test for the right disease. It's only in Nigeria, Doctors would be guessing and second guessing diagnosis from your symptoms forget that many different diseases has similar symptoms.

Hate this Nigeria system man.
Absolutely right
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by peesleem(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2019
Pleases nairalander, as much as I don't like doing this but I don't have any other option again, though there is no dignity in begging, so also is a close mouth leads to a close destiny...

Have been given seven days to evict the apartment am occupying, please sir/ma if you are in any capacity to help me, please do

FCMB

This is my contact if you want to contact me, 08106441348

Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by lastmessenger: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2019
aaronson:
The worst part is many Nigeria hospitals don't have the right machine to test for the right disease. It's only in Nigeria, Doctors would be guessing and second guessing diagnosis from your symptoms forget that many different diseases has similar symptoms.

Hate this Nigeria system man.
The thing taya me o. I have been to hospitals on many occasions only to be given drugs and injections after explaining my symptoms and I will be like why can't they just carry out test so that we can establish the necessary cause of the discomfort.
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by All4good: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2019
mrakeli62:

Staphylococcus is not even on the list. Is that to say WHO doesn't consider prevalent as gonorrhea and syphilis?
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by UnusualJhay(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2019
We die there grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by okogbemyk(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2019
Yeah ! grin grin grin we can see on @DSTV bbnaija
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Obaakran: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hmmmmmm, still senseless peeps will wanna dive raw simply cos you kinda look innocent and some flitting emotions. I feel these testing kits should be free so one can test on d go
na only God dey save jor. having test kit won't solve anything
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Forreellinc: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2019
patorial:

You are completely misinformed
Bacteria doesn't stick to your pubes? Then why does it smell weird and make your finger nails black when its exposed to heat?
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Zenlife: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Acedave1:
i no say naija go dey 1st to 5th cos naija no dey carry last

Wrong!
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. On that scale they are last or first from behind.
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2019
Obaakran:

na only God dey save jor. having test kit won't solve anything
U think so?
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Obaakran: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
U think so?
yeah. doing test b4 straff, is unnecessary. if the person in window period unko? u go know? lol
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2019
Obaakran:

yeah. doing test b4 straff, is unnecessary. if the person in window period unko? u go know? lol
You won't get infected

1 Like

Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by patorial(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Forreellinc:

Bacteria doesn't stick to your pubes? Then why does it smell weird and make your finger nails black when its exposed to heat?

Weren't you told that those hairs fight against the bacterias
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by joshleo8280: 10:17am On Jul 15, 2019
Kaybaba5:
I hope hiv not smong
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by joshleo8280: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2019
undecided[code][/code]
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Forreellinc: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2019
patorial:

Weren't you told that those hairs fight against the bacterias
i heard they trap bacteria not necessarily 'fight' them
so basically they are just saving the bacteria for redistribution
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by Egemeole: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2019
atarapa:
I wonder how some pple will just come out figure. They will tell us malaria kill so so million. Hiv kill soso million. Typhoid kill soso million to mention but a few.

The one million dollar question is. how many are we in this planet earth?
is it until you re a victim of S T D you will start reasoning very well
Re: Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO by wink2015(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
mrakeli62:

OUR NATIVE HERBALIST SHOULD STEP IN AND FIND ORIGINAL ROOTS THAT CAN BE USED TO PREPARE MIXTURE THAT CAN ADDRESS STDS.

Unfortanately many fakers roam our towns and city selling fakes drugs.

LET LOOK INWARDS TO OUR NATIVES HERBS FOR SOLUTIONS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Cure For Baby Rash... / Meris Health Management Organisation (meris Group) / 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.