Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,325 members, 7,920,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:25 PM

Daughter Of Many Mothers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Daughter Of Many Mothers (793 Views)

Daughter Of A Single Mother (Chapter 1) / Single Mothers And Oranges / Hilarious Yet Annoying Things African Mothers Do! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter Of Many Mothers by Divepen1(m): 6:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Osun sat on the edge of the river with joy radiating her heart. Ayangalu had promised her two things at a go, and she knew he could do it. Not long after, dry grasses crumbled under the light feet of someone.
She knew it was none other than Ayangalu, the most handsome man after Sango, of course. Ever since Sango decided to start acting irrationally, her love for him had dwindled. Now, Ayangalu, whose drum had given dancers power they would never dream of, would be taking Osun as his wife. She would defile every rumor of her people that she was supposed to follow their rules. But that was her desire.
Thus, when Ayangalu stepped forward, empty-handed, she stared at him in awe. The drummer came down empty-handed.
'Ayan… Where's your drum?'
'Osun…' He said and swallowed hard. 'Asafa, the eye doctor, is sick. He was such a mess that he was causing a spectacle on my way here'.
'What has that got to do with me?' She said.
'I can't use my drums to take this power you have from you because we need your power and wisdom. And with your power, I can't control you'.
Osun stared at him. 'Have you met Sopona? Has he cursed you?'
'Never. I can't do this with you'.
'You told me you want me to be your wife…'
'And be struck by Sango?', Ayangalu said and withdrew.
'But you have been blessed by my father, nothing can happen to you.'
Ayangalu shook his head. 'Nothing… I can't risk my life… Not possible. I love you no doubt, but I think it's best we love ourselves from afar'.
Osun yelled and sat on the floor. 'I'm pregnant. I'm missed my period for two moons now. I can't find it. If the cock crows tomorrow, Sango will detect because he knows when we are about to get to our third month'.
'Oba will keep it for you.'
'Ayangalu,' a lady shouted. 'Where are you?'
Osun rose and stared about in despair. Beating the bushes aside, the most skilled dancer stepped out. Osun envied her dance steps and always wanted to be in her body whenever she danced.
'My husband,' Egunsola said.
Ayangalu glanced at Osun. She understood what he meant, but she was that desperate. Sango hated betrayal, especially if you remained under his roof.
'But… I don't mind being your second wife'.
'I don't share my husband,' Egunsola said and glared at her.
'But she's not… Egunsola, you're not his wife…'
Egunsola laughed. 'Our parents promised us to each other, but Ayan loved to play with you girls on the side. He told me about you. I loved it. It meant power for him…'.
Osun swallowed hard. She cried as she imagined what would happen to her if Sango knew what she had done. Luckily, she met a pregnant coming her way. Seeing this, she sent the child into her and couldn't stop crying.
Her father discovered this and promised her that the child will die on her thirteenth birthday. From that day, she always killed her daughter on the thirteenth birthday to send her spirit into another pregnant woman.
If you're above thirteen, you're definitely not the one. But if you have anyone below that age, you should watch one of them might be the one.
The unfortunate part is that Osun's father has discovered her ploy and had promised her that if her child dies before thirteen, Egun will not allow her spirit to be transported to the earth again. And that means Osun has to reveal herself to her child this year because Sango will know on her thirteenth birthday, causing an uproar.
If the child is not prepared, we are in for trouble. So, you can be the guardian of anyone below 13 you meet, help them cross the road, advise them about life, teach them about Jesus as they have a purpose in life. Equip them because that might be the only thing that they will need to fight this mystical war brewing because of them.

Inspired by Bibanke--- ASA

http://www.writertain.com/224/daughter-mothers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Eponymous: 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
Wonderful... Simply Wonderful
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Divepen1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Eponymous:
Wonderful... Simply Wonderful
Thanks boss!!
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by queenitee(f): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2019
You lost me or I lost you ni. I'm sha lost in summary grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Bridgovoks: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2019
queenitee:
Me too.
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Divepen1(m): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2019
queenitee:
No vex...You know I'm on a 90 days challenge. This is the style I'm to use. I guess I need work on the style...
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Divepen1(m): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2019
Bridgovoks:
Me too.
No vex.
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by queenitee(f): 6:15am On Jul 18, 2019
Divepen1:
No vex...You know I'm on a 90 days challenge. This is the style I'm to use. I guess I need work on the style...
.Oh okay, success smiley smiley
Re: Daughter Of Many Mothers by Divepen1(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2019
queenitee:
.Oh okay, success smiley smiley
Tanku

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Copywriting Made Easy / How To Copyright My Book / Countrygirl, Where Art Thou?- A Short Ode To Ms Countrygirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.