Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,281 members, 7,916,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

Travel And Education Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel And Education Advice Needed (273 Views)

With 12m Naira, Can I Travel And Start Life Comfortably In Australia? / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed / 20 Transport, Travel And Vehicle Related Phobias You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel And Education Advice Needed by Namestack: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2019
**Long Post Alert**

I need advice and some clarity on a few issues that is bothering me at the moment.

Brief Background

I am in my early 30's, fast approaching mid 30's. I hold an OND in Engineering, have had work experience in IT(3years) and the banking sector(5 years).

Left school some 10 years ago and have not had any further educational training or certification (except for a few IT certifications I obtained in my early days out of school).

Not that I didn't try, I just couldn't keep up with work and schooling. The nature (evening classes only) of my continuing course of study (Engineering) left little flexibility for someone with a work schedule like mine (those who have worked critical desks in the bank can relate).

Now my challenge

Financially, I am not there yet but I have some money saved and would want to pursue a degree in Data Science in a school abroad.

The question is, how would this be perceived?
What advice would you offer someone in my situation?
What are the immigration rules regarding a situation such as mine?
I really want to go back to school, can afford it and very aware of the prospects this move would afford me, but a little skeptical.

I just need a candid opinion. A practical opinion.

cc: justwise, lagosismyhome, sharwama, fairheart
Re: Travel And Education Advice Needed by Namestack: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
lalasticlala please help
Re: Travel And Education Advice Needed by iamgenius(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Advice? Where do I start o... angry
Re: Travel And Education Advice Needed by Namestack: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
iamgenius:
Advice? Where do I start o... angry

Anywhere would do...
Re: Travel And Education Advice Needed by LagosismyHome(f): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Namestack:
**Long Post Alert**

I need advice and some clarity on a few issues that is bothering me at the moment.

Brief Background

I am in my early 30's, fast approaching mid 30's. I hold an OND in Engineering, have had work experience in IT(3years) and the banking sector(5 years).

Left school some 10 years ago and have not had any further educational training or certification (except for a few IT certifications I obtained in my early days out of school).

Not that I didn't try, I just couldn't keep up with work and schooling. The nature (evening classes only) of my continuing course of study (Engineering) left little flexibility for someone with a work schedule like mine (those who have worked critical desks in the bank can relate).

Now my challenge

Financially, I am not there yet but I have some money saved and would want to pursue a degree in Data Science in a school abroad.

The question is, how would this be perceived?
What advice would you offer someone in my situation?
What are the immigration rules regarding a situation such as mine?
I really want to go back to school, can afford it and very aware of the prospects this move would afford me, but a little skeptical.

I just need a candid opinion. A practical opinion.

The best person to advice is someone who has walked in this shoe so i might not be the best person

While it would be good to purse a degree in Data Science but you have to check possibilities of getting visa at over 30s for first degree. It might be possible but a lot harder . it might be easier to finish your HND so that you can apply for a masters program and for a bsc in data science . Then get visa with MSC and switch to BSC when you get there

alternatively no success no venture, so if you really want it then chase it and see what comes out of it

(1) (Reply)

. / Fuel Tanker Accident Along Ikpayango Close To Makurdi-picture Attached / High School Sweethearts Are Killed In A Car Crash Just MINUTES After Getting Mar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.