Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:50 AM

Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote (487 Views)

Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started / SMART HOME 2nd Lekki Toll Gate By Orchid Hote.l Road, Lekki Lagos.for Sell / You Desire Affordable Estate Secured Land? Villa Garden City Is On Promo @N650k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by Godblessyy(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
Please I need a professional advice from hoteliers, which city is good for hotel? Abuja or Lagos? Please explain the reasons..thanks
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
Godblessyy:
Please I need a professional advice from hoteliers, which city is good for hotel? Abuja or Lagos? Please explain the reasons..thanks

Lagos is good place to have a hotel, but you would have to offer something new to break into the market

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by mrsage(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lagos is ideal. Focus on good maintainance and be creative

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by emmanuel596(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
Godblessyy:

Come to Abuja if you have enough money to erect a standard and eye catching building I'll always be here to give ideas especially on setting up the lounge

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by mrsage(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
emmanuel596:

Come to Abuja if you have enough money to erect a standard and eye catching building I'll always be here to give ideas especially on setting up the lounge

I want to correct an impression. Its very common in this part of the world.

When we build or invest in hotel business we focus on the structure then forget operations and maintainance.

A hotel building doesn't need to be big and eye catching.

Key areas like operations and maintenance carry more weight.

A hotel can be small, not so beautiful but very profitable.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by emmanuel596(m): 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
mrsage:

I want to correct an impression. Its very common in this part of the world.

When we build or invest in hotel business we focus on the structure then forget operations and maintainance.

A hotel building doesn't need to be big and eye catching.

Key areas like operations and maintenance carry more weight.

A hotel can be small, not so beautiful but very profitable.

Very true, but then again if one has the required resources to erect a hotel building such a person should still be capable of paying competent people to properly manage the Hotel.... There's a reason I made emphasis on having a good lounge in the hotel because Here in Abuja and mostly other cities Hotel lounge,bar,club and halls brings more money than lodging...

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by mrsage(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
emmanuel596:

Very true, but then again if one has the required resources to erect a hotel building such a person should still be capable of paying competent people to properly manage the Hotel.... There's a reason I made emphasis on having a good lounge in the hotel because Here in Abuja and mostly other cities Hotel lounge,bar,club and halls brings more money than lodging...

I agree. Any potential investor should learn how to strike the balance.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct too.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by mrsage(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
I read a report sometime ago about hotel prices in Lagos and the writer concluded ( based on a survey) that hotel rooms in Lagos are over priced.

I don't know if its correct or not.

I have a feeling that low budget hotels may be more profitable than the so called big and expensive hotels.
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by emmanuel596(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
mrsage:

Thank you
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by emmanuel596(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
mrsage:

I'll be happy to be part of your project
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by woleadisa(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lagos is the ideal place for Hotel Business being the commercial nerve centre. Hotel business in Lagos is often said to be one of the investments that generate high returns irrespective of the size of the hotel. My piece of advice is that Lagos will always serve the purpose of your business.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by Godblessyy(m): 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
[Thank you very much
When you say" low budget" like how much per room? Which areas? Thank you
quote author=mrsage post=80362233]I read a report sometime ago about hotel prices in Lagos and the writer concluded ( based on a survey) that hotel rooms in Lagos are over priced.

I don't know if its correct or not.

I have a feeling that low budget hotels may be more profitable than the so called big and expensive hotels.

[/quote]
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by Godblessyy(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
Thank you very much noted
woleadisa:
Lagos is the ideal place for Hotel Business being the commercial nerve centre. Hotel business in Lagos is often said to be one of the investments that generate high returns irrespective of the size of the hotel. My piece of advice is that Lagos will always serve the purpose of your business.
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by Godblessyy(m): 12:02am On Jul 18, 2019
New like what? Do you have any idea please? Thanks
raymondFirstborn:

Lagos is good place to have a hotel, but you would have to offer something new to break into the market
Re: Please I Need A Professional Advice From Hoteliers, Which City Is Good For Hote by Godblessyy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please any hotel consultant for more information?

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale At Mile 50 Abakiliki Ebonyi State Capital City / Mega Filling Station In Oyo Town Is Up For Sale. / Unbeatable Promo On Our Dry Land.dont Miss Out On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.