Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,674 members, 7,908,745 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:33 AM

Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists (1942 Views)

Top Naija Lyricists Features On Dj Jimmy Jatt's New Single / Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / Wh Is Da 10 Best Lyricists To Eva Be In Da Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
cool
I torrented bought their album and I must say they are the sickest group I've heard  cry. Four of them :: Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Royce da 5'9"

They are the only artistes to have murdered eminem on a track
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
aaarrgghh sorry for the oversize picture sad

What are your views?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
You just dey wake up?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
cheesy grin grin grin Yup!!! I've been sleeping on them cry
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by hax: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
can't wait for their next album. they're all dope. apart from joe budden of course.

if the first one was so good even though it was rushed, how good will the next one be?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by rapjunkie(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ hax,

You can't have listened to any of the Mood Muzik mixtapes for you to claim Joey is wack. Joey has more depth than all Slaughterhouse Members, and for that reason I put him as my 2nd favourite behind Crooked. Slaughtahouse battle rap formats is not the best platform to express his topical raps. Just download the Mood Muzik mixtapes. I never recommend nonsense.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
omo that[b] Microphone[/b] track they murder me here oh shocked shocked shocked

@Ibime. . I think the weakest in the group is Budden sad I'mma torrent the mood musik ish now cool cool
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by dawhizkid1(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
Mobinga:

cool
I torrented bought their album and I must say they are the sickest group I've heard  cry. Four of them :: Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Royce da 5'9"
They are the only artistes to have murdered eminem on a track
They didn't Murder Eminem guy, only Nickel 9 Came close.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2010
Make sure its Mood Muzik 1 and 2. I can't speak on 3 cos I never heard it.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
da-whizkid:

They didn't Murder Eminem guy, only Nickel 9 Came close.

who be nickel 9 na?? Its Royce na. . But seriously they buried eminem
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by dawhizkid1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Mobinga:

who be nickel 9 na?? Its Royce na. . But seriously they buried eminem

I saw DBR Call Royce dat one time like dat, na i cram am sharpaly so dat i fit use am take dey form 'hiphophead' na. grin , but na how SH take murder eminem for Session one? Flow abi Lyrics. Na only Royce wan try small but Eminem give am Warri Pattern, "kpatakpata na draw".
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Genuflect(m): 1:41am On Oct 13, 2010
Mobingo, welcome to last year
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by rocnaija(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2010
Funny that people sleep on Budden. . .
Always felt he was the most introspective of the group.

Looking forward to MM4
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by medjai(m): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
hax:

can't wait for their next album. they're all dope. apart from joe budden of course.

if the first one was so good even though it was rushed, how good will the next one be?
Budden is the dopest of the crew!
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Wordsmith(m): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2010
emm, excuse me, what makes Joe Budden wack?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2010
Genuflect:

Mobingo, welcome to last year
angry angry angry
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nobody Said Budden Is Wack. . We said he's the weakest
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2010
For me, Nicke9 is ma Fav of the crew.
And yea, Joey is the most introspective tho. .MMmixtape is a work of art. Nobody shud sleep on him.
Ortiz. . mad dude. . yaaaawwaaa. . grin and Crook the COB dude are dope. .they both rotate the spot.

The only peson who demistifies Em is stil Nickle!

Slaughterhouse . .truly the Voltron crew. .4 head monsters.

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Wordsmith(m): 11:35am On Oct 14, 2010
hax claimed they were all dope with the exception of Budden. Even if "wack" is not the word, what makes him "undope" (for lack of a better word)?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
i guess what Hax is tryna say is that HE FEELS Joey the least.
Not that Joey aint dope. Abi hax? smiley

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
Anyone who followed the weekly freestyles by Crooked I (52 freestyles a year) should know Nickel 9 aint foxing with him.

There's anothers weekly freestyles reloaded currently running for the next 52 weeks.

I understand you can download it all at www.thebossboard.com which is Crooked Is website. I will do do so myself when I have the chance.

Its good to see some valid HipHop discussion on this forum. Tired of people overanalysing wack rappers like Kanye West, Kid Cudi, BOB and such. When slaughterhouse first dropped, no one paid any attention on here.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
YEp, i followed the HHW1-52. . still Nickle is the heart of that monster call Slaughterhouse.
He's for me the most balanced of all, introspectively, battle waeva . .dude can swing both ways
like a friggin gay and nip it.

We both agree they both dope artist so it's now more bout preference.
There's this believability bout Nickle's delivery . .
and his flow. .and his emotion behind words. .(joey has such emotional pull also)
he culd spit "i'll stop a movin bullet with
a wink" and u'l believe it as gospel grin

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nickel 9 has the best voice and delivery in HipHop IMO. I just prefer Crooked cos I got bad experience with Nickel 9s Rock City album. The way he spits on Slaughtahouse is much evolved, but to be honest, I like to get technical and break verses down into rhymeschemes and bars. I can learn a lot from Crooked I but it will be tough to follow Nickel 9 cos his talent is in his voice which comes from mother nature. Its like trying to learn from Busta Rhymes. Impossible.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
And correction, Joe Budden is the heart and soul of Slaughta. He's the one that brought fanbase with him, promoted the whole shits and had the internets buzzing.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by jendiaky(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
if a blind man is tretin 2 stone u u beta b careful cuz he may be standin on a stone

Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by hax: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ibime:

Anyone who followed the weekly freestyles by Crooked I (52 freestyles a year) should know Nickel 9 aint foxing with him.
maybe. but not when it comes to his previous albums and mixtapes though. has he dropped anything better than the bar exam series? i don't know, because i haven't listened to crook's tapes. so i won't say anything. what i do know is royce was probably the best on the slaughterhouse album. end of.

Its good to see some valid HipHop discussion on this forum. Tired of people overanalysing wack rappers like Kanye West, Kid Cudi, BOB and such. When slaughterhouse first dropped, no one paid any attention on here.
you did not just call Kanye West wack AND put him in the same category as CUDI and B.O.B?!!!!

have you heard the 2010 BET cyphers? G.O.O.D music kilt it!

And DBR's right. joey isn't wack. i just prefer the others to him.

and i try to post a new thread about underground rap every once in a while and no one replies. i've tried naw. lol
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
I get ur point on the fact that u may be able to learn from crooked still that is by preference. How ever tho I kno Joey internet buzz via his BuddenTv helped I find it disrespectful to d other that it was Joey that brot his fan base to d group. 9 has a robust fan base, so also d rest. But if there's a reason pple r payin attention to d group, u got Nicle to thank for that. Dunno d entire story but I believe gettin signed wit shady records wil hav lots to do with Nickle as wellm

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Mobinga: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
jendiaky:

if a blind man is tretin 2 stone u u beta b careful cuz he may be standin on a stone

Wetin dey worry you
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
Come on DBR, Nickel9 was dead and buried, a beatdown alcoholic who had almost disappeared from the scene, and who was ripped by Mistah Fab at AllHipHop awards. Joey gave em all direction and hustle. Crooked has always been hustling with COB, but Royce and Ortizz needed the Slaughtahouse project more than anything. It is now Royce is playing his part by capitalising on his relationship with Eminem to take the group to the next level. Of all of them, only Joey came into this with street buzz, followed by Crooked.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by hax: 12:36am On Oct 15, 2010
Ibime:

Come on DBR, Nickel9 was dead and buried, a beatdown alcoholic who had almost disappeared from the scene, and who was ripped by Mistah Fab at AllHipHop awards. Joey gave em all direction and hustle. Crooked has always been hustling with COB, but Royce and Ortizz needed the Slaughtahouse project more than anything. It is now Royce is playing his part by capitalising on his relationship with Eminem to take the group to the next level. Of all of them, only Joey came into this with street buzz, followed by Crooked.
srsly? after dropping 2 arguably classic mixtapes in 2007 and 2008?
we know joey was dropping mood muzik, don't know about joell, meanwhile crooked has just been 'hustling'. . .

why you think they call him the 'apparent head'?
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2010
Wat!!!!! Dead and burried?! Nahhhhh . . dont think we talkin bout same Nickle here.
When did Slaughterhouse formation take place? Why dyu think Joey will even want those guyz on the track.
U soundin like Joey put Royce back on the map!

Bar exam 1 and 2 were doin soooooooo well and highly acclaimed.
Dope producers were all itchin to work with the dude,. From the oga patapata himself D'j premo, Statik
to 9th wonder, GreenLanter. . everybody wants a part of Nickel!
Even Nas and Diddy, not to talk of Em.

Thats y i say Royce is the heart of the group, he's the one e'rbody is lookin out for.
If the Joey's track Slaughterhouse track was not dope, nobody wuld think of formin the group
But it did much for Joey's album and yes they had/have good booth chemistry.

Now will u say any of these guyz had more street buzz than Nickle 9?
I think not.

oNe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satan Kingdom Is Fall - By Africason / Music: Wizkid Ft. Sarkodie – Ojuelegba (remix) / INSTRUMENTAL: Larry Gaaga Ft. Davido - DOE (prod. Dj Smith)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.