Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,072 members, 7,977,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:25 PM

Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run (520 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / Why Are Nigerians Both Home And Abroad So Unpatriotic / Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
FORMER Military President and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, has said it would be unpatriotic of him not to contest next year.

Gen. Babangida told his supporters at his Kaduna home Monday that since he left office 17 years ago, nothing has been done to develop Nigeria.

He said he wants to run a country where everyone, irrespective of religious or party affiliation, would enjoy equal rights and quality life.

The former military leader said the challenges facing the country were beyond individual, group, political or sectional interest.

Gen. Babangida said he is contesting the poll because of his love for Nigeria.

He said: "God will not let us down in our resolve to put Nigeria back on track.

"We had expected that those who came after us would take over from where we had stopped in building a great Nigeria of our dream. Here we are today, things are worst than when we left the corridors of power.

"It will be unpatriotic of an elder statesman like me or any other person to watch things going wrong when I know I can still make an impact.

"I appreciate your trust and confidence in me to give Nigeria the kind of leadership it deserves. I have done it before; I will do it again, God willing. I want to say that I sincerely need your support. What you have demonstrated here is worthy of emulation.

"Other Nigerians should emulate you. There are Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa and other minority groups among you here. But you have come together to support me. That is a true reflection of how Nigeria should be."

The Deputy Director-General of the IBB Campaign Organisation, Senator Kanti Bello, urged Nigerians to support the former military leader because of his leadership qualities.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/15821.html
Re: Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by dafman10(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
"It will be unpatriotic of an elder statesman like me or any other person to watch things going wrong when I know I can still make an impact.

"I appreciate your trust and confidence in me to give Nigeria the kind of leadership it deserves. I have done it before; I will do it again, God willing.

God forbids u.
Re: Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2010
IBB, you've done enough damage. Please sit in Minna and enjoy your loot
Re: Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by SHEAU(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2010
not suprise to see kanti bello rooting for IBB. hes anti-goodluck during late yar'adua illness.
Re: Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by Zab: 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
IBB you love Nigeria? You are not sure of what you are talking. Does these amount to love :

Wasting of funds in building party offices for SDP and NRC across Nigeria

Annulment of June 12 elections

Failure to come to Oputa panel . Are you greater than Nigeria?

Toppling serious juntas(BUHARI/IDIAGBON) that were restoring orderliness and discipline in Nigeria.

Better go and rest IBB. Your bait (using Ken Nnamani/Odili) to accomplish your aim will fail you. Nigerians irrespective of ethnic orientation are wiser now. Maradona you cannot 'step aside' and come back just like that . Nigeria is not your property.
Re: Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
Babangida 2011:it ‘ll Be Unpatriotic Of Me Not To Run

Was he doing stand up comedy?

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Generation: Fg To Give Priority To Loal Contractors – Jonathan / Must Read / Every Single Nigerian Is Corrupt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.