Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,746 members, 7,879,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:37 PM

SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self (19924 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / Man Reported My Post To MTN On Twitter, See What MTN Finally Said (Screenshot) / Google Hides Aptoide As It Accepts Huawei Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
gassbee:
Truth b told, u will feel bad n less appreciated if ur number of likes are so low

Not everyone... Mature people have a lot bothering them, social media likes is not one of them.

3 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by xendra: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
fb should do it too
it will help a lot of children calm down in doing the wrong things all because of likes

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Olufela30: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
Slay Queens won't see the baba alaye dah they're crushing on like their pishur.... okay, good development..
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Mrsaviour(m): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
it is finished...we no go know slay mamas again oo

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Amuocha: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
Seun oya do something
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Topmaike007(m): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:
These kids are really soft these days. The amount of likes on other people's post is making them feel less than what they are?

Is this where evolution is taking us?
pls help us Tell oga Seun to remove likes on nairaland oo

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Raysleek: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2019
Make sense.. Some people go lose relevance

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by coluka: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2019
Yeah, anything for the snowflakes in their safe spaces
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Handsomebb: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2019
I'm so in support.

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by YoungAncient1: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2019
I don't even like my own posts on any platform. I just post what's on my mind and move on. Anybody with a low self esteem needs more OIL AND BREAD; that's the trick.

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by ibnlawal(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2019
ainas247:
smiley That one nah for people wey won get slow self-esteem

If I post you no like am I like am my self. period!! wink grin

rank your business on Youtube and Google fast
check my profile

Shikeena! Aiye ole toyen naa...like or hate my picture, who cares

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by XhosaNostra(f): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2019
gassbee:
Truth b told, u will feel bad n less appreciated if ur number of likes are so low

Or they're jealous, don't take it personal wink tongue
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by martineverest(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:
These kids are really soft these days. The amount of likes on other people's post is making them feel less than what they are?

the weirdest part is when people starts begging unto like and comment on their photos
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by jetroolowole(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2019
It was announced in June during the Facebook F8 Developer Circles Meetup in Lagos. We were told the measure is to encourage small business. It's also meant to encourage people to interact with new posts

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by o9o9: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:

Since time immemorial people always ascribed value to things.

What they assign value to , changes with time. In the 50s , it was the number of wives you had or hard you could fight or number of farms you had.

Change is constant and it ain't about being soft or not. If what connotes value is something virtual nowadays then it is the reality of the day.

4 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by fergie001: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2019
Seun............over to you...
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Lovelyn451(f): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2019
Let's hope it helps them overcome their depression...ndi ara
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Kingosytex(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2019
ThierryJay:
Even on Nairaland, many posters are like that.

That's why many would only post on the front page just to garner likes. If it's not the front page, they wouldn't post, even where they have meaningful things to say.

As if Likes were bitcoins.

It is very common here on nairaland. most people are mere like chasers, they have absolutely nothing meaningful to offer.

Hence, the battle for ftc and fp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by akin9ja78(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2019
You dont neee to. Some people dont really mind
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Grupo(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2019
Is04970:

Positions are also not given in schools again.

Are you serious? In Nigeria or Western countries?
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by DennisEche(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2019
Liked by Rahama Jaggo and 2500 others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:

Watch shazam honest trailer.the dream of every western kid is a massive YouTube following and the sweet cash that can come with it

Ditto for naija hustler chicks.na the gram cred wey tacha use enter bbn house.
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by NinjaMetahuman: 9:22am On Jul 18, 2019
ThierryJay:
Even on Nairaland, many posters are like that.

That's why many would only post on the front page just to garner likes. If it's not the front page, they wouldn't post, even where they have meaningful things to say.

As if Likes were bitcoins.
nairaland should be using down voting and upvoting like quora for certain threads to discourage vermins that have taken over this site.
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2019
Oh No...what will the Kardashians do??
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by WriterX(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2019
X does not see any problem with this feature, X prefers a single like and comment , X likes and X comments.
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by purples25(f): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2019
One day the world may evolve and there might be nothing like celebrities cuz our intelligence would've led us to the fact that everyone is the same, there's nothing extraordinary about anyone .

I think its not fair sha. One person will just snap and people will take that person as a demigod. For the rest that don't get that, think about it, on a normal scale its depressing, its unfair. I mean, when people turn you to nothing in the outside world simply cuz you are not their idea of attractive, you are not popular, you are not trendy. You need to experience the way people treat others like crap, firsthand, for you to understand how it feels.

Even when you try to just live your life and appreciate yourself, people will continue to let you know, to mistreat you based on those 'deficiencies' they think you have. So its not that easy to not go crazy and try to be popular ( funny enough, popular is the real 'mundane', just the opposite, ironically ).

I thought people were deeper and had more wisdom but they mess up every time, they deal with themselves for these shallow reasons. Its a hard world for a person just trying to live simple and trying to keep their self esteem in their heart and not on a post.

3 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by deltateam: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
Another way to reduce depression

Nobody has liked my post today o. Make una like am nah. cry

5 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by livebyday(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:

You can say that again

Hence we have more sociopaths and neurotic narcists

This coming generation will have the highest number of serial killers known to man

They have already out done previous generations in drug abuse and suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Adeniyii2017: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2019
Topmaike007:
Seun need to remove the one on nairaland because the way like hunters are going about it on this platform ehhhn I fear for depression
Yeahh.. Should be replaced with “Agree” and “Disagree” OR “Thumbs up” and “Thumbs down”.
Reason why I love YouTube.. knowing you can be checked or disagreed with will allow people think before posting anything at all.
It will also give ignorant people a good insight on people’s perception on the subject matter.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Alerts Telecom Consumers On Flubot Malware / Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone / help! How do i Stop MTN "Your Last Session" Deduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.