Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

"I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo (472 Views)

How Oluwo Of Iwo Was Jailed In The US By Tunde Odesola / "Why Igbo Men Are Ready To Do Everything To Educate Their Women" / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children - Yoruba Monarch, Oluwo Of Iwo
The Oluwo of Iwo also decried how the schools built for Fulani now lie fallow due to the refusal of the Fulani to enrol their children.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JUL 18, 2019

The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale, has called on Fulani parents to ensure that their wards are given quality education.

Oba Adewale, during his congratulatory visit to Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyateola, on his election victory at the Supreme Court said “the future is in the classroom, not in the bush."

The Yoruba monarch, who alongside over 20 traditional rulers, made the trip to Osun state capital, lamented the deplorable state of nomadic schools built by past governments.

The Oluwo of Iwo also decried how the schools built for Fulani now lie fallow due to the refusal of the Fulani to enrol their children.

He said: "I've visited the Fulani under my watch. We are intimate since time immemorial with understandable symbiotic relationship. We understand each other to date. I did not only appeal, but also threatened to arrest their parents for refusing to give quality education to their children."

"Lack of quality education will unavoidably breed banditry. Strict penalty for kidnappers is a short-term solution, while mandating quality education is a long-term panacea.The government should design a modality for preferential monitoring to ensure Fulani herdsmen are in school."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/18/ill-arrest-fulani-parents-who-refuse-educate-their-children-yoruba-monarch-oluwo-iwo

1 Share

Re: "I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo by helinues: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
And how about the Yoruba parents who refused to educate their wards?

Misplaced priority
Re: "I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo by izzou(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
grin

Our leaders keep fueling the crisis in the country everyday with their utterances

So the Fulanis have more uneducated people in Osun state than the Yoruba's?

Re: "I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
There are so many other kids in Iwo who aren't in school not only Fulani's pls read my signature
Re: "I'll Arrest Fulani Parents Who Refuse To Educate Their Children" - Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mtchewww yellowber rants as usual

(1) (Reply)

A Peep To Onitsha. / Masquerades Fight Dirty As Passers-by Separate Them / Can Oba Of Benin Or Alafin Of Oyo Be Dethroned By Their State Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.