Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,024 members, 7,919,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:50 AM

SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) (804 Views)

Kekere-Ekun Set To Emerge Nigeria’s Second Female CJN / Peter Obi Could Not Answer A Simple Question (video) / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) by Blessynokoro: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2019
Re: SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) by contigiency(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2019
The man gave a very fair and decent answer to the question. How best does the op wants the question to be answered?

1 Like

Re: SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) by Blessynokoro: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2019
contigiency:
The man gave a very fair and decent answer to the question. How best does the op wants the question to be answered?

"I actually conducted my Long Essay or what we loosely refer to as the university project work on this subject matter and if I still recall vividly, my project topic reads thus ; "The doing of substantial Justice in law as opposed to legal technicalities". This topic is impari materia with the question put to the Learned CJN by Senator Abaribe. I have to say by way of elucidation that the purport of that question vis a vis my project topic is to ascertain if the Justice of a matter will be sacrificed on the alter of legal technicality. Now, legal technicality most of the time hinges on certain procedures as prescribed by the law by which Justice can be dished out while substantial Justice has to do with looking into a matter and deciding it on the merit of it having given all parties the opportunity of being fully heard. Now, if the law says that I have to file a certain process after an election for example my election petition within 20 days of the announcement of the election result and then for some unforeseen circumstances I was unable to do so within the time prescribed by law and had to file same later than the time prescribed by law but then you could see on the face of my petition that there are cogent grounds upon which I'm challenging the election. The question is Would the court throw out my petition on the ground that I filed same out of time and refuse me the opportunity of being heard on the merit notwithstanding the cogent reasons and grounds that I have raised in the petition upon which I am challenging same? Having submitted thus, I am of the firm view that the Learned CJN went entirely on a frolic and misdirected himself in answering the distinguished Senator's question perhaps out of his inability to first understand the question. The answer supplied by the CJN with due respect to him did not in any way address the question asked by the Senator because the CJN answer tilted more on expert evidence and opinion on a matter rather than addresing the actual issue at stake." - Kenechukwu Ogujiofor

2 Likes

Re: SHAMEFUL! CJN Cant Answer Simple Elementary Question (video) by NLandIsHypocrit: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2019
grin What did you expect in an animal kingdom where illiterate sharia Court George is heading their supreme Court? Foolanis have technically destroyed this contraption all by their nomadic sense of reasoning, to our own advantage anyway. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Emeka Nwajiuba, The Imo Politician More Powerful Than Okorocha And Ihedioha / Social Media Influncer Segalink Warns The North About Restructuring / JUST IN: Top Dignitaries Grace Wedding Of Sultan’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.