Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,992 members, 7,938,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) (704 Views)

Oshiomhole In Benin City Despite Arrest Order Issued By Obaseki (Video) / Tinubu’s Fake Bishops Share Money After Their Appearance - Reno Omokri (Video) / Tony Kabaka Reacts To Demolition Of His Hotel In Edo By Obaseki (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by silverbirdng(f): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
For months, the fight between APC Chieftains in Edo state has been on headlines and Governor Obaseki is finally speaking up over it.
The Edo State Governor while hosting members of the Benin Community resident in the Federal Capital Territory at Edo State Lodge, Abuja, on Friday, hinged the crisis rocking the state's house of assembly on his refusal to share public funds with private individuals who claimed they brought him into power.
He further lamented that he has not been allowed to function as a Governor since elected, as decisions are taken on his behalf without notifying him.
He said “I have endured so much as a Governor. As a governor have not been able to even nominate somebody for a federal appointment and mean while federal appointment are made everyday. I cant be governor and not a governor, I should be able to make decisions which are in my view and in the best interest of Edo State. If your children are fighting and you cannot settle them, then what authority do you have."

He further alleged that the party’s National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole was not interested in the peace of the state.

“The only thing they have said is that I refused to share money; I am not taking care of the people who brought me into office. I said 300,000 Edo people voted for me to be governor; if I do for the people, everybody will benefit.

“Is it not ironic that in a state where we have one party ruling, and that has all the 24 seats in the House of Assembly, we have this kind of a crisis?

“At the centre, we have our own person who is supposed to superintend (over) this (matter). So, if your children are fighting and you cannot come and settle them, then what authority do you have to even be a father?”

“I will not allow Edo State to be a pawn in anybody’s political chess game. For me, I keep asking the question, what have I done wrong? What is my offence that they want to now get people to come and create confusion in the state?”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/offence-refused-share-money-people-brought-power-governor-obaseki-speaks-fight-oshiomhole-video/

Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by silverbirdng(f): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2019

Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by thesicilian: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
We know that is what happened. Probably the same reason the godfathers fought and rigged out Ambode. May God be with you.
Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by Uteghe(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
shocked No ugly man can be loyal. Quote me. Hope Oshio has learnt his lessons?
Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by aolawale025: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
Anyone on the side of the people will win
Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by johnmartus(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
This is how you want to pay your political benefactor. I can see you way out from government house already. You're trying to paint your boss bad so you can have softlanding .

1 Like

Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
aolawale025:
Anyone on the side of the people will win

Not in Nigeria
Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by Abeymills(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gov u mean osho omo ale?
Re: I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) by hisexcellency34: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
Pls banish that short devil from entering Edo

(1) (Reply)

Police Says Planned ‘‘revolution’’ March A Treasonable Felony / Group Petitions EFCC, Seeks Probe Of Osinbajo Over N90bn Allegedly Released To H / Lion Escapes From Kano Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.