Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,256 members, 7,910,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:19 AM

Meet The Boss Lady That Moved From Hawking, To Owning Her Own Company – Zazi Nic - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet The Boss Lady That Moved From Hawking, To Owning Her Own Company – Zazi Nic (508 Views)

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Handsome Nigerian Man Spotted Hawking Pure Water In A Suit - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Boss Lady That Moved From Hawking, To Owning Her Own Company – Zazi Nic by Dilianne(f): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2019
Zazi Nicky Christopher is the definition of originality and entertainment; she is a graduate of Psychology and hails from Imo state.

If you think the odds are currently against you, sit back and read this inspiring story of how she moved from the street to owning her own entertainment company and impacting the lives of young people across the country.

DA: What inspired Zazi Entertainment?

Zazi Nicky: I can remember vividly, in 2012, things were not going very well, and it landed me on the streets of Port Harcourt selling Fuman Juice, trying my possible best to make ends meet. One day, while hawking, I met a customer in the traffic and he gave me his card to meet him in his office, I did, and after an interview session, he employed me as his office assistant. I was overjoyed because this was a quantum leap in my life, I moved from the streets to become an office assistant in an oil company.

At this time, I was still in school and my salary was 18,000 Naira. It was not long before I began to notice strange behaviors from my boss, he wanted to sleep with me, I was appalled. I got another job and faced the same issue. It was at this point I decided to take control of my life.

In 2015, I decided to start up something, I knew how to dance, do yoga, and I knew a few exercise patterns, so I decided to start training people. I had people come and register for 5,000 naira, and then I would train them. As time went by, it kept improving and bringing in revenue, so I decided to make Zazi Entertainment a full house entertainment where people can come and register as a brand under us and do what they knew how to do best.

Currently Zazi Entertainment has fashion designers, graphic designers, stylist, interior Decorators, Event managers, Brand managers, etc.

DA: Looking at all the challenges you have faced, what was the major driving force that kept pushing you to achieve this?

Zazi Nicky: I went through hell, but it made me stronger. They are the reasons I am who I am today. I would say that the major driving force was the zeal to prove wrong those men who told me that I couldn’t make it without them, like they wanted to play God!

I grew up in a home where discipline was instilled in us by our mother, so sleeping with men to get ahead was never an option, I had already done some odd jobs like cleaning houses, hawking, being a sales girl, and I was not going to throw it all n the wind, so I kept striving hard to prove to them and to myself that I could achieve whatever I wanted through hard-work

Continue reading by clicking the link below:
https://dilianne.com/2019/07/meet-the-boss-lady-that-moved-from-hawking-to-owning-her-own-company-zazi-nicky/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Duped By A Pastor / Where Can I Physically Learn And Get Certified As A Blockchain Developer? / P&G Internship Assessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.