Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? (708 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? by rottennaija(m): 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Updated May 21, 2019

It’s impossible to put a number on it. You have three types of “ex-JWs”

The PIMOs - Ex-JW speak for Physically In, Mentally Out there’s thousands of them out there on the forums and in the Kingdom Halls. These are the ones that no longer believe but are trapped. They can’t leave because they’d lose their children, their spouse, their parents and their friends. So they play along. Quite a good number of them are elders and even more in Bethel. In fact, we get the elders letters, “new light”, convention videos and convention talk outlines months before the JWs do simply because PIMOs in Bethel leak them out. When I was a JW with doubts it was a PIMO member of my congregation that secretly talked with me during a JW gathering about evolution and how its scientifically accurate. To this day he’s still going to meetings with a full time pioneer wife and two children. He’s secretly an atheist but is stuck in the religion or he’d lose everything.

The faded. The one’s who gradually stop attending meetings and stop going out in the door to door ministry. These are trying to avoid being disfellowshipped (for the crime of not believing) nor do they want to disassociate because that would mean they’d lose their family too. So they gradually fade out and after a few years the elders might leave them alone so they can live a normal life. However, in 2017 the governing body gave the direction to start shunning people who no longer attend who live a non JW life, so this method is not as effective as it used to be.
The apostates. That would be people like me. People who openly express that we don't believe that this religion is true and inform people of its inner practices. In the Jehovah’s Witness world this makes one part of the anti-christ. Seriously, openly expressing the opinion that the Watchtower society was not chosen by Jesus in 1919 makes one part of the anti-christ. Bit harsh wouldn't you say?

How many of all of the above? My estimates:

PIMOs - At least a third. With 8 million+ members that’s 2.6 million. For the active JWs reading this who may disagree, ask yourself honestly. If the governing body said no one would be shunned for leaving the org, do you honestly think all 8 million would stay and carry on shunning their children and parents?

The faded. I’d estimate there’s likely half the number of active members that have managed to fade since the religions inception in 1931.

The apostates. My estimate is about 100,000. Not very many. But that’s because we don't fear losing anyone because they’ve already been taken from us.
Makes one wonder, why would a bonafide religion founded on the teachings of Christ be so afraid of people who simply disagree?

1 Like

Re: How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:
Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Updated May 21, 2019

It’s impossible to put a number on it. You have three types of “ex-JWs”

The PIMOs - Ex-JW speak for Physically In, Mentally Out there’s thousands of them out there on the forums and in the Kingdom Halls. These are the ones that no longer believe but are trapped. They can’t leave because they’d lose their children, their spouse, their parents and their friends. So they play along. Quite a good number of them are elders and even more in Bethel. In fact, we get the elders letters, “new light”, convention videos and convention talk outlines months before the JWs do simply because PIMOs in Bethel leak them out. When I was a JW with doubts it was a PIMO member of my congregation that secretly talked with me during a JW gathering about evolution and how its scientifically accurate. To this day he’s still going to meetings with a full time pioneer wife and two children. He’s secretly an atheist but is stuck in the religion or he’d lose everything.

The faded. The one’s who gradually stop attending meetings and stop going out in the door to door ministry. These are trying to avoid being disfellowshipped (for the crime of not believing) nor do they want to disassociate because that would mean they’d lose their family too. So they gradually fade out and after a few years the elders might leave them alone so they can live a normal life. However, in 2017 the governing body gave the direction to start shunning people who no longer attend who live a non JW life, so this method is not as effective as it used to be.
The apostates. That would be people like me. People who openly express that we don't believe that this religion is true and inform people of its inner practices. In the Jehovah’s Witness world this makes one part of the anti-christ. Seriously, openly expressing the opinion that the Watchtower society was not chosen by Jesus in 1919 makes one part of the anti-christ. Bit harsh wouldn't you say?

How many of all of the above? My estimates:

PIMOs - At least a third. With 8 million+ members that’s 2.6 million. For the active JWs reading this who may disagree, ask yourself honestly. If the governing body said no one would be shunned for leaving the org, do you honestly think all 8 million would stay and carry on shunning their children and parents?

The faded. I’d estimate there’s likely half the number of active members that have managed to fade since the religions inception in 1931.

The apostates. My estimate is about 100,000. Not very many. But that’s because we don't fear losing anyone because they’ve already been taken from us.
Makes one wonder, why would a bonafide religion founded on the teachings of Christ be so afraid of people who simply disagree?
Another one again!

It's OK, you're only against the JWs you've got no other better group to present in replacement of the JWs.
Well i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses too and i came in because i love to worship with the one and only true religion.
The only way you can convince my type or make us doubt the JW organization is by presenting a better group, so that we can compare all the qualities found amongst the JWs with such a religion!
Thanks! smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? by Toluobaeko11: 12:07am On Jul 22, 2019
All these can't stop Jehovah's organization to move forward. We are enjoying the ride with Jehovah, and we are inseparable like Tom & Jerry. We love Jehovah than ourselves. CHAI! MY LOVE FOR JEHOVAH NO BE FOR HERE.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Ex-jehovah Witnesses Are There Worldwide? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 22, 2019
Toluobaeko11:
All these can't stop Jehovah's organization to move forward. We are enjoying the ride with Jehovah, and we are inseparable like Tom & Jerry. We love Jehovah than ourselves. CHAI! MY LOVE FOR JEHOVAH NO BE FOR HERE.

When i first read Jesus' comment at Matthew 23:24,i find it so difficult to understand what the man Jesus meant there!
Jesus actually said "You blind guides who strain out the gnats and swallow a Carmel"
I couldn't get it not until one of Jehovah's Witnesses explained to me what Jesus is saying.
The gnats are the tiny little ants often found on wine, the little creatures also drink the wine but do die on top at the end so wine sellers use to filter the wine to remove it. Jesus now likens the Pharisees to those people who vehemently complains about SINFUL acts that couldn't be totally scrapped, but disastrous blunders that's as huge as a Carmel these hypocrites will swallow conveniently!
I wonder the accusation this man have against Jehovah's Witnesses that's not found in all other religion, but the main problem that's causing mass killings amongst humans that Jehovah's Witnesses have eradicated in their midst like RACISM and POLITICS is there dividing them always! They are claiming Christians, yet a religionist of their type in Nigeria is a dreaded enemy of one from the same denomination(as they hypocritically refers to the division amongst them) in Ghana, to the extent of killing one another without a bleep or feeling for the same faith they share because of RACISM and POLITICS!
Now i fully grasp what Jesus was talking about, they're ready to point accusing fingers at JWs for the offense that's committed everywhere (even much more in their midst) "GNATS" but the deadly plagues in their midst as huge as a full grown CARMEL they swallow swiftly with a smile in their face! embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Prayer Points From Deut.33:6-24 / Book Of Matthew - NLT (I thoroughly enjoyed this) / Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.