Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,860 members, 7,889,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo (900 Views)

Coronavirus: Christians Are Exhibiting Reckless Confidence - Boss Mustapha / Muslims And Christians Are Sons Of Abraham – Buhari On Leah Sharibu / Many Soldiers Killed, Dozens Injured As Insurgents Invade Base In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by remababy2: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has adviced Christians to always pray and show love to their enemies including insurgents as this is what God expects of them.

Osinbajo gave the advice when he spoke in Lagos at the National headquarters of the Foursquare Gospel Church, Nigeria yesterday Sunday July 21st. According to Osinbajo, he is always shocked when men of God speak bitterly about their enemies.

“The gospel of Jesus Christ is a contrarian gospel because it does not agree with our flesh. The Bible for instance says we must pray for our enemies, bless those who curse us and even those who persecute us. But our flesh says we should curse those who curse us. In fact, curse them so much that they will not again dare to curse. The Scriptures say we should not revenge. The power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ lies in that very contrarian nature. The gospel speaks to that which we do not want to accept.
I have seen as I travel around the country how God’s love is demonstrated by other people, ordinary Christians. A woman whose two children were killed and her father was also injured in the North East. I spoke to her and she said, we still must pray for these people. These people are the people to whom we have been called. I was surprised. I have heard leaders of our faith who speak with such bitterness.

When I heard this woman who had lost her two children speak, I knew she spoke from the very depth of the grace that God gives to those who truly believe in him and I know it is that kind of love that can conquer all situations and win souls and win over the worst of men and the worst of women. It is that exceptional kind of love that Christ himself taught us. But it is so difficult. Yet that is the gospel.” he said

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/christians-expected-pray-enemies-including-insurgents-osinbajo/

1 Share

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2019
This one they mad, when they kill everybody na dry bones go come they pray for the killers.

Useless pastor

9 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by madmohamed(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2019
remababy2:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has adviced Christians to always pray and show love to their enemies including insurgents as this is what God expects of them.

Osinbajo gave the advice when he spoke in Lagos at the National headquarters of the Foursquare Gospel Church, Nigeria yesterday Sunday July 21st. According to Osinbajo, he is always shocked when men of God speak bitterly about their enemies.

“The gospel of Jesus Christ is a contrarian gospel because it does not agree with our flesh. The Bible for instance says we must pray for our enemies, bless those who curse us and even those who persecute us. But our flesh says we should curse those who curse us. In fact, curse them so much that they will not again dare to curse. The Scriptures say we should not revenge. The power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ lies in that very contrarian nature. The gospel speaks to that which we do not want to accept.

I have seen as I travel around the country how God’s love is demonstrated by other people, ordinary Christians. A woman whose two children were killed and her father was also injured in the North East. I spoke to her and she said, we still must pray for these people. These people are the people to whom we have been called. I was surprised. I have heard leaders of our faith who speak with such bitterness.

When I heard this woman who had lost her two children speak, I knew she spoke from the very depth of the grace that God gives to those who truly believe in him and I know it is that kind of love that can conquer all situations and win souls and win over the worst of men and the worst of women. It is that exceptional kind of love that Christ himself taught us. But it is so difficult. Yet that is the gospel.” he said
buhari don use this one Brian to make his jaz. If someone get mad and enter market square u know what will happen to him. This man don mad enter market Na to enter square left

2 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by remababy2: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2019
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Bishop000(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2019
Ofcourse! It then depends on the type of prayer. Suffer not a witch to live!

4 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by FRESHG(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2019
NON OF MY BUSINESS
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Karemarealty288(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2019
This man is lost in the wilderness...

4 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by agwom(m): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2019
God continues to bless B/haram and show them ways to repent and turn to JESUS in Jesus name.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Bella55555(f): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2019
Well we are praying for all of them including you sir to repent sincerely or die by the fire of the holy ghost
For the Bible says he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by aolawale025: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2019
Why wasn't he praying for the success of GEJ regime back then?

3 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by fergie001: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2019
aolawale025:
He wasn't praying Sir.....he was gathering signatures....
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Blackfire(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2019
Them don use this one pay for ajo \ isusu\ daily contribution.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Abeymills(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2019
Ode

1 Like

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
This one they mad, when they kill everybody na dry bones go come they pray for the killers.

Useless pastor

Guess what the fake pastor said about insecurity during Jonathan's tenure...

1 Like

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2019
Karemarealty288:
This man is lost in the wilderness...

He's all about money making...

These people no send

2 Likes

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Charleys: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pray for your enemies while they kill your children.

Looks like an episode from Into the Badlands where they killed the community but when that lady revenged she was banned from the community.

The same way the other religions are praying for you.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Guess what the fake pastor said about insecurity during Jonathan's tenure...
Gist me abeg with wetin adeboye too talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by easytouch030: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
Read Matthew 5:44-45 to confirm what the Vice President is saying. We need to be perfect in all we do. Insurgency are our enemies, don't forget that the more we kill them, the more they are multiplying. Why not let us collectively pray for them for God to change their mind.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by AntiBalaka: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ok.

Dear God,
May the Fulani agenda to take over fulani land be granted.

Amen
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by kekaitimo: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
aolawale025:

Thank u very much for this
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by hollah123: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
one of the reasons y I stopped going to church, imagine this coming out from a supposed pastor.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by sreamsense: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Useless pastor

Prof already told you the message is not for canally minded people like you, it is not for church goers or bench warmers. It is for core disciples of Christ, people he passed the messages to have understood the messages. Things of the spirit can not be interpreted by canal minds. When Jesus was in this world, canally minded people couldn't understand his messages, so, except you are born of the Spirit of God, the message is useless to you.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
sreamsense:

Prof already told you the message is not for canally minded people like you, it is not for church goers or bench warmers. It is for core disciples of Christ, people he passed the messages to have understood the messages. Things of the spirit can not be interpreted by canal minds. When Jesus was in this world, canally minded people couldn't understand his messages, so, except you are born of the Spirit of God, the message is useless to you.
He should have given same advise to Jonathan, useless man
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by sreamsense: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
hollah123:
one of the reasons y I stopped going to church, imagine this coming out from a supposed pastor.
It is not the message of pastor, it is core biblical principle, stopping going to church is never a solution to your problem, you are following Christ and not pastors. Jesus you are following already said in the end time, faith of many shall become wax cold; many shall depart from faith. He said many fake prophets shall arise and shall deceive many, so in this end time, it is possible to see many fake prophets and as christians in the churches deceiving people. But Jesus who told you all these will happen did not tell you to leave the church as the solution to your problem. What he said is that only those who endure till the end shall be saved. He also said in the end time, sins shall multiply, so expect more sins, fake christians and discouraging things from the churches in this end time; but steadfastness in Christ no matter what happens around you is the only sure way to be saved. Read Matteu 24, mark 13
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Ruggedniggaone: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
this one is gone forever I have started doubting his intelligence

1 Like

Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by blujoi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
I agree we are expected to pray for them, same way we are also praying that your government catches the perpetrators and bring them to book because that is the duty of an elected government, to guarantee and protect the lives of its citizens.......Let us continue praying that you and PMB will one day wake up to your duties....Amen!!
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by sreamsense: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

He should have given same advise to Jonathan, useless man
It is the event and circumstances that dictates what one says, God passes information to you when he likes, that is why Jesus said...the Spirit shall give you utterance.... For yourself, did you pass this exact message to Jonathan as well, so, event/present circumstance dictates what you said. Anyway, the Sheep of Christ he passed the message to has understood.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Smh undecided
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Koko1119: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
What vic is doing is to protect is own office b4 dey remove him from dere so he as to say dat for d president to believe him.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by rex444(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
You go just open mouth dey talk like person wey agama lizard lick him blokos ......Uchu gbuo gi dia
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by JAWBONE(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
Of course, we are praying for them. Praying for them to DIE. We must not suffer the witch to live. Grace and mercy is for repentant souls not people who are ready to die and take innocent people along.
Re: Christians Are Expected To Pray For Their Enemies Including Insurgents- Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
aolawale025:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Message To South Africans From Nigeria Soldier Over Xenophobia Attacks Against N / Restoring The Original Master Plan In Upper Iweka Onitsha And Environs(photos) / Who Is Bode Thomas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.