Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,766 members, 7,972,762 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:52 PM

Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home (691 Views)

Chad Intercepts ISIS Weapons Going To Boko Haram / ICC Confirms Receipt Of Petition Against Oba Of Lagos / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by md4real(m): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
South African prosecutors say they have seized a military uniform and a personal diary from the home of Mr. Henry Okah, accused of involvement in the deadly bombing attacks of October 1, 2010 in Abuja, Nigeria.

Authorities in Johannesburg said on Thursday that they are busy translating the diary entries from French into English. They also claim they found an invoice at Henry Okah's home from a company that sells guns and grenades.

Meanwhile Okah has denied involvement in the attacks once again before the Johannesburg court.

"My arrest has nothing to do with a proper police investigation but rather, a devious political ploy by politicians in Nigeria to gain the upper hand over their political opponents," Okah said in an affidavit read out to the court by his lawyer Rudi Krause.

"I simply deny any involvement of any kind in the bombing attacks," he said.

"The fact of the matter is simply that I was arrested after the bomb attacks to appease the Nigerian government."

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan's handling of the attacks has caused the leader "serious embarrassment", Okah added.

Sources: AP, AFP

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101014/ap_on_re_af/af_south_africa_nigeria_explosion

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101014/wl_africa_afp/nigeriaindependenceattackssafrica
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by md4real(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
he wrote diary in french is South African authorities involved in the conspiracy? your opinions
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by chosen04(f): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2010
md4real:

he wrote diary in french is South African authorities involved in the conspiracy? your opinions

. . . . . . .But the last time I checked Henry doesnot speak french.

Quote by Md4real
They also claim they found an invoice at Henry Okah's home from a company that sells guns and grenades.

Comedy that its best. . . . . . .But claiming to have discovered a very huge amount of money in his Bank account would have been better, IMBO
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
It is possible they found receipts. That I definitely find plausible. Only they would probably need to consider the dates on the receipts since our beloved Government granted the gun runner amnesty from all his crimes prior to august of last year i.e he was never charged for all the crimes he committed prior to that point.

French diary? I hope we get more info. . .
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by LouisThoru(f): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
md4real:

What is the meaning of this? So, in your wisdom, noone can post entries in their diary in the French Language? and because of that, the SA authorities are involved in the conspiracy?

LOL, so many people have their brains neatly tucked inside their butt hole.
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by md4real(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2010
chosen04:

Quote by Md4real
They also claim they found an invoice at Henry Okah's home from a company that sells guns and grenades.

Comedy that its best. . . . . . .But claiming to have discovered a very huge amount of money in his Bank account would have been better, IMBO

the receipt factor aint surprising because he was a gun runner for MEND before hid arrest in Angola.

LouisThoru:

What is the meaning of this? So, in your wisdom, noone can post entries in their diary in the French Language? and because of that, the SA authorities are involved in the conspiracy?

chosen04:

the last time i checked too, he does not speak french. so, it does not add up when he got arrested with a french written diary in his house.

LouisThoru:

LOL, so many people have their brains neatly tucked inside their butt hole.

you just proved to be one of those. i guess your boyfriend must have screwed it out of you.
Re: Diary, Weapons Receipt Found At Okah Home by md4reel: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2010
to confirm my conspiracy perspective please observe the highlighted part.

Okah was in contact with Abuja bombers — S’African police
The leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, Mr. Henry Okah, was in contact with the militants who set off twin car bombs during Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary in Abuja on October 1, the South African police have said.

Okah was arrested in Johannesburg after the blasts that killed at 16 people and injured 66 others. MEND had claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Reuters reported that the South African police made these claims in an affidavit read by a prosecutor at a bail hearing for the MEND leader in a Johannesburg court on Thursday.

But the Police refused to reveal the evidence backing their claims, saying that they had to protect their confidential sources.

Okah was described as the ‘mastermind’ of the blasts, who was in contact with the bombers before and after the incident.

However, in a counter affidavit read by his lawyer, Okah denied “any involvement whatsoever with the bomb acts.”

The police said they searched Okah‘s home and found receipts for the purchase of thousands of submachine guns, rockets launchers and anti-aircraft machine guns, but did not find any weapons.

They also claimed to have found that Okah and his wife, Azuka, own about 10 properties in South Africa valued at over $1m

Reuters added in its report that Okah, who was dressed in a brown sweat shirt and jeans, shook his head and laughed, when a prosecutor read the affidavit.

In the affidavit, the attorney- general said the MEND leader was engaged in economic sabotage and had links to various terrorists groups. The court later adjourned before a decision was made on whether to grant Okah bail. It will resume on Friday.

The South African police also said they had seized diaries that included entries on “guerrilla fighters, training discipline, the use of explosives, boats and night vision.”

In an entry dated September 19, 2010, Okah wrote: ”God is with us. We will fight to the end.”

The Nigerian Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN ), sent a written affidavit, pleading for the magistrate not to release Okah.

According to him, granting the bail will jeopardise the trial.

Adoke alleged that Okah had been engaged in warfare and ”economic sabotage” against Nigeria since 2005.

He added in the affidavit that Okah was also involved in kidnapping, oil theft, pipeline vandalism and other illegalities.

He added that many incriminating documents were found in Okah’s home when it was searched on September 30, prior to the bomb blasts in Abuja.

Among the documents was a quotation from a Chinese company for the supply of guns, mortars and other such devices.

He said that a large number of camouflage uniforms like the ones used by MEND in Nigeria were also seized from him.

Okah, in an affidavit read by Klause, claimed the e-mail messages warning on the blasts and accepting responsibility were all from within Nigeria, as there was nothing linking him with it.

He said a search on his house before the explosion revealed nothing incriminating and he was released after his initial arrest on September 30.

AINT ALL THE HIGHLIGHTED FACTS WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW? I THOUGHT HE WAS GRANTED AMNESTY FOR ALL THESE

(1) (Reply)

Sw Should Produce The Next President Come 2015 / Senate to Summon Sanusi Over Mischievous Comment / Milkeansy Is Afraid To Engage Banom In A Political Debate (big Shame)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.