Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:22 AM

Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern (21950 Views)

Otedola Promises To Donate N1 Billion To Fight Coronavirus In Nigeria / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates ₦1 Billion To Support COVID-19 Response / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Funkybabee(f): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
wasting of fund
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by texazzpete(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
FLYFIRE:

The Chief educator-in-Chief, go home, lie down, use your head & later come back & tell us what investment ever prospered in your north.

Are you not a northerner? Why not tell us yourself ?
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by texazzpete(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
TSRC:

There are many Worthy causes he can spend the money on in the Niger Delta.

The Niger Delta needs infrastructure, good water and poverty alleviation schemes.

I am not saying he is wrong for donating to the north, but those people asking him to donate to his region are not wrong either.

Wigwe did not donate this money to the North.

Access bank spearheaded a fundraiser to raise funds for Northern education.
It would have been fraud if he diverted this cash to projects in the South.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by hrykanu231(m): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
CuriousMynd:
Group Managing Director, Access Bank Plc., Herbert Wigwe, has reaffirmed the bank’s commitment to the educational development of children in Nigeria, saying it is an important tool to sustaining the future of the country.

Wigwe said this while addressing attendees at the Access Bank/UNICEF Charity Shield Polo Tournament which held at the Guards Polo Club, United Kingdom.

Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, and British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Catriona Laing, were part of those who attended this year’s Charity Polo Tournament, Igbere TV reports.

“The number of out-of-school children in Nigeria is very worrisome, and if not tackled adequately does not bode well for the future of Nigeria. Access Bank identified this problem over 10 years ago and through the polo tournament has made considerable strides in improving the educational system in Nigeria,” Wigwe said.

“We will not relent in our efforts to ensure that Nigerian children are given the requisite educational foundation to succeed. So far, we have been able to raise over N1 billion and every kobo will be invested providing educational infrastructure, starting one Northern state at a time because that is where we find the highest number of out-of-school and displaced children.”

Wigwe further said that government buy-in was integral to the achievement of the financial institution’s set goals, thanking the Kaduna State Government for its support in the implementation of its projects.

Access Bank recently completed the refurbishment of a 12,000-capacity school and is set to complete another that will cater for an additional 1,200 students at the end of July.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/?p=842499

From my money ba? They should share that money equally across all regions. No one asked the north to prioritize religion over quality education.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Wigwe is only repaying his benefactors.
The hausa fulani dashed him intercontinental bank

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by nokatakata: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Pure madness....waste your money to build schools in the north and allow their governors steal money meant for development of he region . Continue to encourage them. You nor fit build or rehabilitate schools for your own region or village abi.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Princeton92(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
Northerners using all these terrorism to make so much money for themselves...

Look at Borno. Where is their Government getting money from to pullup all those buildings done where they dragged Baba-Goslow down there to commission but he can't travel to the Southern, Western OR Eastern Nigeria for any good use aside campaign. Lol

Long live Nigerians
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Amanda4life: 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
joromii:
them no go go the school

They prefer street begging.

Education there is meant for the rich
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Amanda4life: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Just initiate bokoharam school you will be amazed by the number of pupils you will have
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by bigiyaro(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
so this is the face to the morafvcker that steals my 50 naira each time i recharge 100 naira from my account, and also charges me for every money i receive via transfer, stealing from my account in the name of ATM card maintanance. thunderstorm fire u there.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by bizhop01: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
I believe the old man know the meaning of boko aram.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by petertamtam6(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
Wasted money
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by degamemaster(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:
Biko is Wigwe a southerner,

If he is, he is MAD

Don't mind the efulefu, he s just eyeservicing. Jonathan built over 160 almajiri schools and 9 universities in the North, have they applauded him for that? Instead they made sure he's retired by force in other to bring in this dead wood called buhari. So this one he is doing is just for nothing and more So, the terrorists up north won't attend. They prefer mosque .... stupid people .

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Halo22: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
Mr Wigwe, from ur name, I understand you are a southeasterner may be Southeast or southsouth, but it is unfortunate that you refused to learn from history. Towards 2015, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan built close to 200 schools for these northerners and what did they do, am sure you are aware. Now you are trying to satisfy the same set of ingrates. I must tell you, u are totally on ur own.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Godwin2am(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
THEY WILL NOT ATTEND THAT SCHOOL. BUILD CATTLE RANCH. INVEST IN COW BUSINESS. AS ST NOW NOBODY IS INTO COW MILK BUSINESS
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by wiseone28: 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ashnoor:
I know why most of the guys that commented before me are condemning this very good gesture. Because it wasn't in their region and if its in their region they will still do the same cuz its not there state! pls let's find how to appreciate every single effort of others...wait is it ur money? So y d hate speeches I'm seeing here? Do u ever wonder how much the northern states have invested and still investing in this same bank access/diamond? They said school and someone is talking about mosque and Arabic schools...padi abeg ask urself are u ok? So everything most be for u before it can be good abi? God punish u there. #said_my_mind
Close ur mouth...have u pray today?

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by FarahAideed: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Depositors should put their money out of that bank
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
These Northerners keep getting everything on a platter of gold, free school, easy job etc, while Southerners struggle for every damn thing especially South East.
Why can't he build those schools in the south or empower budding entrepreneur?

Wisdom is profitable to direct angry
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by badman007(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
Nigerian Banks Biko start to spray the money.

Build infrastructure, developed the country plix.

We love our Northern Brothers. Together we shall make Nigeria great. Our leaders fear unity between North and south.

Let us finish them with love.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Briller: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
Oga you need to strategize well b4 wasting your profits from well meaning Nigerians. How can you even consider spending such huge amount on a part that condemns Westernization? They will soon destroy any and every thing you use that money on. Senseless sense.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by ElsonMorali: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2019
Good gesture. True Nigerian patriot. The problem of education in the north is more of lack of qualified teachers to take the part.

Still, well done.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Miketonia: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ikpongiton:
doing eye service in north,while isiokpo your community,is a thick bush
U really sabi the man.
Isiokpo na thick.
The only development in isiikpo is UBA bank And local council ...ikwerre local govt
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by johnhood(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Annoying bank, poor customer service. In nutshell poor in everything. You better give my card you debited since more than two months.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Let him come and build one in Isiokpo, ikwerre LGA Rivers state, his village first. SMH.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by TSRC: 12:27am On Jul 25, 2019
texazzpete:

Wigwe did not donate this money to the North.

Access bank spearheaded a fundraiser to raise funds for Northern education.
It would have been fraud if he diverted this cash to projects in the South.

When is wigwe and his bank going to hold donations.for his region?
Or don't you think that is as important?
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Onliie(m): 4:59am On Jul 25, 2019
Another 1bn down the drain
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by Ikpongiton: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2019
Miketonia:

U really sabi the man.
Isiokpo na thick.
The only development in isiikpo is UBA bank And local council ...ikwerre local govt
you know the man too,e be like you from owerri?
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by jamace(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2019
suregalluv:
What happened to the ones that were built in fmr president Goodluck's administration?

That money should be channeled into healthcare biko
Good question.

Sanusi Lamido said the British did not want the North to be educated so that the North will continue to be obedient fools. Now it is the Northern elites who do not want the TALAKAWAS to be educated so that they can continue to be useful idiots.

Abeg, na who do the North this kind of evil spirit?
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern by aniekeme09: 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
Herbert Wigwe is a Bunkum..He is donating 1 Billion Naira to build school in the North...Has he forgotten that his state and village Isiokpo in River state needs good schools also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.