Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,445 members, 7,904,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:11 PM

Cowbell Mathematics Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cowbell Mathematics Competition (1312 Views)

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Mathematics Competition (2022) / Cowbell Mathematics Result 2018 Released - Check Your School Now / 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Paramount01(m): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2019
I have been worried for the past hours since my schoolknocked out from the ongoing cowbell mathematics competition live in Lagos.though my student did well at the state level that is why they were able to represents the state at the national level.but to my outbursts surprise,when we got to the first round i saw how student answer questions within limited period of time 'to be precise a student answer 18 mathematics question within 60seconds.I was surprise,because even me, a first class student of mathematics can't solve 18question in 60seconds. Pls help me out,how can how attain this fastness or did they have something they are using?
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by WinningEleven(m): 9:30am On Jul 25, 2019
Paramount01:
I have been worried for the past hours since my schoolknocked out from the ongoing cowbell mathematics competition live in Lagos.though my student did well at the state level that is why they were able to represents the state at the national level.but to my outbursts surprise,when we got to the first round i saw how student answer questions within limited period of time 'to be precise a student answer 18 mathematics question within 60seconds.I was surprise,because even me, a first class student of mathematics can't solve 18question in 60seconds. Pls help me out,how can how attain this fastness or did they have something they are using?
Brother, I wonder too. Something must be behind it.
Those guys must have been practicing under those time conditions for days. But you yourself are used to written and hours long exams
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Paramount01(m): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2019
WinningEleven:

Those guys must have been practicing under those time conditions for days. But you yourself are used to written and hours long exams

I don't think is practising bsacause they answer the question without thinking,just imagine solving quadratic equation without thinking of the factors
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by WinningEleven(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Paramount01:

I don't think is practising bsacause they answer the question without thinking,just imagine solving quadratic equation without thinking of the factors
Impossible shocked
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Martinez39(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2019
They've been practicing and solving many questions. Solving a quadratic equation instantly is possible if you have been seriously solving them. If that be the case, certain quadratic equations, which one has solved, spent so much time on and remembers, could pop up during the competition. If people can manage their time and work hard, they would discover that they are capable of much more than they could ever think.Another possibility is that the children performing such are geniuses. There are people that can solve integration problems in their head in no time without writing down any workings.

However, as a mathematician, your concern shouldn't be performing such great intellectual feats. If you can do these things, good for you and they are a good bonus. Your main concern should be profoundly and deeply understanding maths topics/concepts and a wide variety of them as much as possible. Also, strive to achieve an excellent familiarity with these topics/concepts. As you know and understand, so you must remember.
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Paramount01:
Its simply practice with maybe some knowledge of special tricks. No more no less.
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by SirWhiteFish: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2019
WinningEleven:

nothing really behind it bro except intelligence.

Some people are exceptionally intelligent. The irony is that they often die young which is very hard for me to comprehend..
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Mrshape: 7:37am On Jul 26, 2019
Paramount01:
Did ur students use the cowbellpedia app?
I think that's the coco
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Mrshape: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2019
Martinez39:
They've been practicing and solving many questions. Solving a quadratic equation instantly is possible if you have been seriously solving them. If that be the case, certain quadratic equations, which one has solved, spent so much time on and remembers, could pop up during the competition. If people can manage their time and work hard, they would discover that they are capable of much more than they could ever think.Another possibility is that the children performing such are geniuses. There are people that can solve integration problems in their head in no time without writing down any workings.

However, as a mathematician, your concern shouldn't be performing such great intellectual feats. If you can do these things, good for you and they are a good bonus. Your main concern should be profoundly and deeply understanding maths topics/concepts and a wide variety of them as much as possible. Also, strive to achieve an excellent familiarity with these topics/concepts. As you know and understand, so you must remember.

Sir that show has something behind the scene,
The students speed are extra ordinary.
If really there is nothing behind the scenes.
Imagine how will a student finish objective/multiple choice exam in less that 3 minutes in WEAC. Exam meet for 1hr 30min. Just because they practice so hard for years?.

That is he is on an average of 3000% faster than WEAC psychologist perspective on how fast a student a student should be.

if u are the supervisor will u take it likely with that child.
I still find it hard to believe does children has not see those questions randomly in the app, they use in practice.

Anyway I wish them success and I wish they are really what they display it is a good thing.

But if they are deceiving other students with that app preparation?
It is not a good ideal
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Martinez39(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2019
Mrshape:

Sir that show has something behind the scene,
The students speed are extra ordinary.
If really there is nothing behind the scenes.
Imagine how will a student finish objective/multiple choice exam in less that 3 minutes in WEAC. Exam meet for 1hr 30min. Just because they practice so hard for years?.

That is he is on an average of 3000% faster than WEAC psychologist perspective on how fast a student a student should be.

if u are the supervisor will u take it likely with that child.
I still find it hard to believe does children has not see those questions randomly in the app, they use in practice.

Anyway I wish them success and I wish they are really what they display it is a good thing.

But if they are deceiving other students with that app preparation?
It is not a good ideal
I never knew there was an app. I don't really follow the show. It's possible that Cowbell Maths Competition are fond of recycling their questions.
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Mrshape: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Martinez39:
I never knew there was an app. I don't really follow the show. It's possible that Cowbell Maths Competition are fond of recycling their questions.
I suspect that,
If really they repeat from the app, then it is not a test of mathematics ability, but a test of the power of recognition.
My brother you need to see the speed of those children, sometimes the quize master is not the through with the question they have already answered,
They day I said I must do this thing if the children can do it, you know want? I almost run mad. And I am was not even efficient as they are.
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Martinez39(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2019
Mrshape:

I suspect that,
If really they repeat from the app, then it is not a test of mathematics ability, but a test of the power of recognition.
True. I really suspect this is the case. I don't really follow or watch the competition but from what I am hearing, something sounds fishy.

My brother you need to see the speed of those children, sometimes the quize master is not the through with the question they have already answered,
They day I said I must do this thing if the children can do it, you know want? I almost run mad. And I am was not even efficient as they are.
Lol. Something is fishy then. grin
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Paramount01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls what's the name of the app
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Paramount01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
What is the name if the app
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Paramount01:
What is the name if the app
You can find their app by typing Cowbellpedia app on android's play store but the app has major issues.
Re: Cowbell Mathematics Competition by goldpill: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
I am looking to work with first class mathematicians, statisticians and physicist. If you know any, please refer, or have them email me at goldpill1968@outlook.com. I watched one of the shows and I also was marveled by how fast they are able to solve these problems, being a mathematician myself.

(1) (Reply)

3 Lessons From The Ethnicization Of The JAMB Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi / Future For Physiologist / University Of Abuja Second List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.