Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Kind Of President Do We Want? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of President Do We Want? (505 Views)

Campaign Bill Boards Of President Jonathan Destroyed In Benue(pics) / If Olamide Contest For The Post Of A President, Do You Think He’ll Win? / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of President Do We Want? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2010
We've talking abt gej ibb buhari ribadu all day long.but do any of them qualify to be the PRESIDENT Nigeria really needs?
Re: What Kind Of President Do We Want? by GAR3TH(m): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
I want a president that WILL get the job done. . .period
Re: What Kind Of President Do We Want? by invisible2(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2010
We need a harsh person, the type who could throw a dirty slap on erring ministers and governors in front of national TV!
Re: What Kind Of President Do We Want? by egift(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2010
invisible!:

We need a harsh person, the type who could throw a dirty slap on erring ministers and governors in front of national TV!

Hahahahaha!

We also need someone who have a good plan and will stand there (be it rainy or not) to get the plans fulfilled in the shortest possible time.
Re: What Kind Of President Do We Want? by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 15, 2010
[b]Funny how much Nigerians desire change, when the average Nlander, who claims to be educated, doesnt even believe in his own suffrage, and wont go out to vote on election day and expect the right candidate to fall from the sky.
Sincerely, will any of the people screaming from their laptops here ever leave the comfort of their home to help decide the fate of the country for the next 4 years? At least, having some peace of mind knowing you did something you could freely give your country is a badge. And, I thought Jesus and Mohamed got the message and they walked out of their comfort zones to deliver it despite the overwhelming odd.
Call it genealogical laziness and criminal neglect. Or insanity, which is defined as repeatedly doing the samething and expecting result. But the good thing is, it can be changed. The reason it hasnt changed is because we only complain but dont put on any show of bravado. Because the average Nigerian wears a color of apathy, selfishness, and "Im too busy criticizing, to engage actively in anything" attitude.
Getting a good leader starts from you.
Disregard the tribalism. Dont vote GEJ because hes from the SS. Vote him because he is qualified and can sincerely deliver.
Dont abandon Ribadu because he is a Northerner, and because Northerners have always enjoyed the Power Seat. We all wanted this man to run, but everyone is abandoning him because he is Northerner and wont be the VP of GEJ.
Vote the man who you believe can deliver.
And should all this difference matters?
We either live happily united, or die miserably divided. I have never voted in my life, for once, I realize I have failed my own generation in a great way, but I am thankful that God isnt already asking me why I didnt try, atleast, I have an opportunity to right my own wrong.
You can never predict how far the ripple and effect of our little effort can go.
Let do what we feel is right for once. Lets vote with our heart and not sentiments.

SO, the title of this blog should have been: WHAT ARE NIGERIANS DOING TO GET THE RIGHT CANDIDATE INTO POWER IN 2011,

I think Nairaland Mods or Seun should have a way they can be more useful during this election period by sending mailers, or have an alert to get people to go out and change their destiny. It has to change. And theres a price. And we must pay![/b]

(1) (Reply)

Okah Bail Hearing Continues. / Ekiti Tribunal Favoured Acn / The Team For Progress (kwara 2011)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.