Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,068 members, 7,913,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws (756 Views)

COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo / COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Biodun Fatoyinbo Shunned Our Investigative Panel - PFN / Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by rottennaija(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Updated Jul 1, 2019

I don't believe there is an accurate statistic out there.

Personally, I know of 2 suicides and at least 15 cases of attempted suicides. And they’re just people I actually knew/met.

I’ve said before in one of my previous answers that many people after leaving this religion require therapy to adjust back into the real world. Combine this with the fact that their entire families and everyone they’ve known (sometimes since birth) now treat them as dead and you have a dangerous catalyst.

Of course, the religion then dresses this up as “see, when people leave our religion they become depressed!” - not understanding that they’re become depressed because the JWs have taken their families from them.

One of the people who committed suicide (a girl called Rachel Stephens who I knew personally from back in the day) was disfellowshipped for sharing a flat with non-JWs (mixed men/women).

My Jehovah’s Witness brother committed suicide in Jehovah’s... (https://www.4jehovah.org/my-jehovahs-witness-brother-committed-suicide/)

Shunning and Suicide in the Jehovah’s Witnesses: Alienation’s Deadly Toll • Open Minds Foundation (https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/shunning-suicide-jehovahs-witnesses-alienations-deadly-toll/)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses break silence on shunning: 'My mother treats me like I'm dead' (https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/03/18/jehovahs-witnesses-murder-suicide-keego-harbor/409695002/)
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
[code][/code]
rottennaija:
Updated Jul 1, 2019

Personally, I know of 2 suicides and at least 15 cases of attempted suicides. And they’re just people I actually knew/met.

I’ve said before in one of my previous answers that many people after leaving this religion require therapy to adjust back into the real world. Combine this with the fact that their entire families and everyone they’ve known (sometimes since birth) now treat them as dead and you have a dangerous catalyst.

Of course, the religion then dresses this up as “see, when people leave our religion they become depressed!” - not understanding that they’re become depressed because the JWs have taken their families from them.

One of the people who committed suicide (a girl called Rachel Stephens who I knew personally from back in the day) was disfellowshipped for sharing a flat with non-JWs (mixed men/women).

My Jehovah’s Witness brother committed suicide in Jehovah’s... (https://www.4jehovah.org/my-jehovahs-witness-brother-committed-suicide/)

Shunning and Suicide in the Jehovah’s Witnesses: Alienation’s Deadly Toll • Open Minds Foundation (https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/shunning-suicide-jehovahs-witnesses-alienations-deadly-toll/)

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses break silence on shunning: 'My mother treats me like I'm dead' (https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/03/18/jehovahs-witnesses-murder-suicide-keego-harbor/409695002/)

Keep working out your own destruction speedily! grin

Disfellowshiped Jehovah's Witnesses commits suicide!

Jesus is the greatest teacher ever in the history of humanity, Judas Iscariot was one of his closest confidants.

Please help all your followers differentiate between Jehovah's Witnesses and the first century Christians.

Because it's like some people recorded it inside the Bible that this close confidant of Jesus later COMMITTED SUICIDE! Matthew 27:3-5 cheesy

Blow another bubble and see me poke it again! wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Emusan(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:
[code][/code]

Keep working out your own destruction speedily! grin

Disfellowshiped Jehovah's Witnesses commits suicide!

Jesus is the greatest teacher ever in the history of humanity, Judas Iscariot was one of his closest confidants.

Please help all your followers differentiate between Jehovah's Witnesses and the first century Christians.

Because it's like some people recorded it inside the Bible that this close confidant of Jesus later COMMITTED SUICIDE! Matthew 27:3-5 cheesy

Blow another bubble and see me poke it again! wink

Did Jesus disfellowsip Judas Iscariot?
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Janosky: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emusan:

**John 6:70
Jesus answered them, "Have I not chosen
you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

**John 17:12
While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name,
the name You gave Me. Not one of them has
been lost, except the son of destruction, so
that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

*** # In John 6:70 & 17:12

Emusan, what's the message of Jesus statement when he said : " one of you (Judas Iscariot) is a devil!" ?

** Why did Jesus say Judas Iscariot "has been lost" , "son of destruction"?

Jesus and Devil dey feed from the same plate?
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emusan:

No Sir!
It's unrepentant wrongdoers who actually Disfellowshiped themselves from the fold!

Nobody has the right to send away Jehovah's sheep, it's when a person seizes to remain sheepish that they're declared as quarantined in the midst of the sheepfold!
No matter the offense of a true sheep, he will always stick to instructions and counsels from those taking the lead, and nobody as in NOBODY dares declare him/her as disfellowshiped!
So it's Judas Iscariot that disfellowshiped the others NOT the other way round, if he came back and repentantly plead with his brothers in faith, nobody can send him away.
That's why Jesus emphasized the need to be humble always! Luke 14:11

Judas Iscariot wasn't humble enough to see himself as a fallen servant who can stand up again {Proverbs 24:16} so it's lack of humility on his part that led to his destruction! Zephaniah 2:2-3 wink
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by achorladey: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
rottennaija:
Updated Jul 1, 2019

The first response to this your post get as e be. As long as committing SUICIDE is not synonymous to "true Christianity".
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Emusan(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
Janosky:

**John 6:70
Jesus answered them, "Have I not chosen
you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

**John 17:12
While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name,
the name You gave Me. Not one of them has
been lost, except the son of destruction, so
that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

*** # In John 6:70 & 17:12

Emusan, what's the message of Jesus statement when he said : " one of you (Judas Iscariot) is a devil!" ?

** Why did Jesus say Judas Iscariot "has been lost" , "son of destruction"?

Jesus and Devil dey feed from the same plate?

The question was, did Jesus disfellowsip Judas Iscariot? This is simple English....no need for this your Mumbo jumbo.....
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Emusan(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:
No Sir!

Why then did you link the case of Judas Iscariot with that of the OP

It's unrepentant wrongdoers who actually Disfellowshiped themselves from the fold!

You've started your lies again...and the most astonished part of it is that, you're so confident in your lie.

Is it wrongdoers who disfellowsip themselves or YOUR OWN ORGANIZATION that disfellowsip the wrongdoers?
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
Suicide on this thread was aimed at discrediting Christianity! And the Bible never said it's a faithful and loyal member that committed suicide rather it's a traitor.
So suicide is synonymous to betrayal of trust! wink
achorladey:

The first response to this your post get as e be. As long as committing SUICIDE is not synonymous to "true Christianity".
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emusan:

You've started your lies again...and the most astonished part of it is that, you're so confident in your lie.
Is it wrongdoers who disfellowsip themselves or YOUR OWN ORGANIZATION that disfellowsip the wrongdoers?

You don't get it so it's not your fault, but i'll explain! cheesy

When Paul said "remove the wicked from your midst" 1Corinthians 5:13
Everyone knows that Christians don't push people out of their gathering since the place of worship has been dedicated to God and so open for all!
But they must stop greeting or eating with someone who betrayed the vows he/she has made publicly!
So as Christians, whoever wants to denounce his/her faith only need to break the rules intentionally,maintain his/her arrogance and willful disobedience.
That's why Paul urged us to remove the person from our midst.
Note that we will not PUSH him/her out, rather it's the principles binding us together as BRETHREN that is no more there, so there's no need to GREET or EAT with him /her! 2John 10-11

Judas Iscariot fits in perfectly on this issue because he is one of the twelve, he supposed to be encouraging others to humble themselves for repentance. But since he thought too much of himself he couldn't bear the shame, so he took the easiest way out SUICIDE.
That's what most traitors will do! wink
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by achorladey: 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:
Suicide on this thread was aimed at discrediting Christianity! And the Bible never said it's a faithful and loyal member that committed suicide rather it's a traitor.
So suicide is synonymous to betrayal of trust! wink

Maximus69: Suicide on this thread was aimed at discrediting Christianity!

Achorladey: Perhaps I did not get the OP first time. I may have to read again. I don't think DISCREDITING CHRISTIANITY is what the thread is about. Except CHRISTIANITY here is SYNONYMOUS to the JWS ORGANIZATION.

Maximus69: And the Bible never said it's a faithful and loyal member that committed suicide rather it's a traitor.

Achorladey: Hmmmmmmm, but we equally have seen from he scriptures where a loyal and faithful member of an "organization" is sent on a suicide mission. Are you aware? I don't want to agree that disloyal and unfaithful people are the only that can commit suicide.

Maximus69: So suicide is synonymous to betrayal of trust! wink

Achorladey: In one direction or both direction? Loyal and faithful/ disloyal and unfaithful!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Emusan(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:

Everyone knows that Christians don't push people out of their gathering since the place of worship has been dedicated to God and so open for all!
But they must stop greeting or eating with someone who betrayed the vows he/she has made publicly!
So as Christians, whoever wants to denounce his/her faith only need to break the rules intentionally,maintain his/her arrogance and willful disobedience.
Note that we will not PUSH him/her out, rather it's the principles binding us together as BRETHREN that is no more there, so there's no need to GREET or EAT with him /her! 2John 10-11

Judas Iscariot fits in perfectly on this issue because he is one of the twelve, he supposed to be encouraging others to humble themselves for repentance. But since he thought too much of himself he couldn't bear the shame, so he took the easiest way out SUICIDE.

Now your tune has changed an begin to pile up nonsense to devert from the main point.
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emusan:

Now your tune has changed an begin to pile up nonsense to devert from the main point.
Whatever Mr Emusan, WHATEVER! wink
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by achorladey: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:

This is where the TUNE CHANGE............

Maximus69: That's why Paul urged US to remove the person from our midst. This US stands for?
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
achorladey:

This is where the TUNE CHANGE............

Maximus69: That's why Paul urged US to remove the person from our midst. This US stands for?

FOR the one and only organization known globally for shunning traitors! cheesy
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by achorladey: 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:

FOR the one and only organization known globally for shunning traitors! cheesy

Now you have successfully answered EMUSAN question. A single post will have done that long before this time.

Concerning "SHUNNING". Hmmmmmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by rottennaija(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emusan:

That's his MO
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
achorladey:

Now you have successfully answered EMUSAN question. A single post will have done that long before this time.

Concerning "SHUNNING". Hmmmmmmmmm!

Being a traitor, Judas Iscariot was afraid of been SHUNNED by his colleagues. That's why he committed suicide Sir!
The same reason why traitors are committing suicide today! cheesy
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
rottennaija:

That's his MO

Thanks God my own daddy and mummy aren't JWs! cheesy

I willingly submitted to the teachings of JWs so a stringent loyalist nobody shuns me like a disobedient, unthankful and disloyal ingrate! 2Timothy 3:2
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Janosky: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Emusan:

** John6:70 , Jesus Christ called Judas Iscariot "a Satan/Devil", that amounts to Judas being disfellowshipped.
Note that as at the time of Jesus statement, Judas Iscariot had not betrayed Jesus.
No scriptural references of Judas Iscariot repentance....
Peter no commit serious sin ? Did he commit suicide?
Everybody no be the same, different people react to issues in different ways.
Suicide has absolutely nothing to do with whether someone left JW or not.
To each, his own.

*** For unrepentant wrongdoers it's either they are excommunicated (disfellowship) by JWs or they disfellowship themselves.

To serve Jehovah not by force.
If love for Jehovah is not in your heart, why deceive yourself?
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by achorladey: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
Maximus69:

Being a traitor, Judas Iscariot was afraid of been SHUNNED by his colleagues. That's why he committed suicide Sir!
The same reason why traitors are committing suicide today! cheesy

Maximus69: Being a traitor, Judas Iscariot was afraid of been SHUNNED by his colleagues. That's why he committed suicide Sir!

Achorladey: According to (Maximus69., 2019)

Maximus69: The same reason why traitors are committing suicide today

Achorladey: In one direction or both direction? Loyal and faithful/ disloyal and unfaithful!
Re: What Are The Suicide Rates Of Shunned And Unfairly Disfellowshiped Jws by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
achorladey:

Maximus69: Being a traitor, Judas Iscariot was afraid of been SHUNNED by his colleagues. That's why he committed suicide Sir!

Achorladey: According to (Maximus69., 2019)

Maximus69: The same reason why traitors are committing suicide today

According to our NEW LIGHT, suicide is synonymous to betrayal of trust.

Many people are hopeless due to the condition of things and the attitude of majority living in our neighbourhood! 2Timothy 3:1-5

Hopelessness leads to suicide!

Christians are supposed to be preachers and teachers of a message of HOPE {Romans 15:4} so it's absolutely out of order for a person who claims to be a pioneer of good tidings to contemplate suicide for any reason whatsoever.
Secondly, life is a gift from God, we can't give it so taking it is a crime against the one who gave it!
That's what the NEW LIGHT says now Sir! wink

(1) (Reply)

My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land / #eidmubarak2020: See 50 Lovely Sallah Messages For Family, Messages For Friends / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/09/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.