Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,876 members, 7,952,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... (392 Views)

Christianity & Voodoo: Are They That Different? / The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by rottennaija(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Is being a cult member really all that different from being, say, a patriot, or a member of the military, or joining a political party? How and why?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Answered Jul 25, 2019

Yes, it’s very different.

If you leave the military you dont lose your family.

If you leave a political party the party doesn't command all members to completely shun you for leaving.

A patriot loves his country. A patriot would do what’s best for his country, even if that meant calling out the hypocrisy of somebody running it.

I left a political party last year. I was a member of the Labour Party. I left and joined the Green Party of England and Wales. Guess what? My friends who are still Labour still speak to me, hang around with me and nothing has changed. We disagree on some political issues but it’s never been a reason to affect our friendship.

When my grandfather left the Navy in 1948 his family didn’t shun him for leaving. In fact, the Navy gave him all the support he needed and wished him well on his future endeavors.

When my grandmother left Germany and became a British citizen she didn’t lose her German friends or family. She still visited Germany and although she loved Britain that didn’t mean she loved her friends and family any less.

Leaving a cult is the exact opposite. When you leave a cult, like I did, the members are commanded to shun you. They slander you after you’ve gone and you don’t have a chance to correct their lies because nobody will talk to you anyway.
Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by CodeTemplar: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Cultist are after hidden things always because of their negative nature.
Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by Janosky: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Cultist are after hidden things always because of their negative nature.

CodeTemplar doesn't seem to grasp the point that the OP is driving at....
Pls, do well to ask the OP if his parents are "cultists" , since they are members of the Christian group he has dubiously labeled as "cultists"

1 Like

Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by rottennaija(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
Janosky:

CodeTemplar doesn't seem to grasp the point that the OP is driving at....
Pls, do well to ask the OP if his parents are "cultists" , since they are members of the Christian group he has dubiously labeled as "cultists"

Does it change the fact that your religion has all the attribute of a cult?
Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 26, 2019
rottennaija:

CULTS
That have no say in the political affairs of the land!
That are lowly and humble at heart!
That are ready to be vilified from house to house!
That won't pay back evil for evil!
That aren't known for oppressing none members!
That are not popular in the their communities!

Please what exactly is the significance of being a Cultist if all these are not met?

You will know the truth says Jesus and the truth will set you FREE! John 8:32 smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2019
TATIME:

CULTS
That have no say in the political affairs of the land!
That are lowly and humble at heart!
That are ready to be vilified from house to house!
That won't pay back evil for evil!
That aren't known for oppressing none members!
That are not popular in the their communities!

Please what exactly is the significance of being a Cultist if all these are not met?

You will know the truth says Jesus and the truth will set you FREE! John 8:32 smiley smiley smiley

Thanks Tatime!

I wonder why many people just open their mouths to accuse others without a second thought.
If i knew nothing about how Cultists operates and their objectives back then in school, i might have to go for a research on the meaning of Cultism!
But when i now consider Jehovah's Witnesses compared to Cultists that i've met throughout all the places i've ever been to, i become more and more confused. Because there is NO similarities of any kind! embarassed

Cultists that i've known throughout all the places i've been in my life wants to rule and oppress others, they are above the law, they don't allow offenders go free, they don't succumb to threat, they love to be popular, they command respect, they are arrogant. So i keep wondering how someone could just say Jehovah's Witnesses who are the exact opposite of all these are CULTISTS! undecided
Well thanks to Jesus! Matthew 10:25

1 Like

Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by Janosky: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2019
rottennaija:

Jesus led his followers and they obeyed him sheepishly.
You are either in or out.
Jesus and his followers had all the attributes of a cult nau.... You done forget ?

1 Like

Re: Is Being A Cult Member Really All That Different From Being, Say, A Patriot... by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Janosky:

Jesus led his followers and they obeyed him sheepishly.
You are either in or out.
Jesus and his followers had all the attributes of a cult nau.... You done forget ?

Well if it's the meekness of over 8.5 million people from all races sheepishly coming under one umbrella to form a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers that they're referring to as CULT. John 17:20-23
Please i beg you in the name of God, don't forget to count me in as a member of such CULT! Luke 11:23 smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Who Studies "The Buttocks" More Than The Bible, Caught On CCTV!!! / Father Mbaka seen Among The Catholic Priests that Protested in Enugu / Speaking Destruction Unto Evil Growth " Mountain Of Fire Ministries"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.