Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,324 members, 7,950,636 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:15 PM

Google Launches Nigerian Voice On Google Map Navigation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Google Launches Nigerian Voice On Google Map Navigation (297 Views)

How Do I Put My Street On Google Map / BREAKING: Google Launches New Traffic Tab For Lagos / Map Of The Itakpe - Ajaokuta - Warri Rail Line Corridors And Future Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google Launches Nigerian Voice On Google Map Navigation by FemiOtawa: 5:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Google, unarguably the largest technology firm in the world is improving and making life more easier in our community.

Google had just introduced the Nigerian voice on the google map navigation so as to make movement easier. Unlike the former white accent, this newly launched Nigerian accent can pronounce geographical names and locations, landmarks within Nigeria with the original 'Naija' accent.

The Google language project lead: Kola Tubosun stated on his Twitter page:

"This is a small but important step towards technological inclusion in Africa. The next step is for African languages themselves to feature more prominently. I look forward to being part of making that future happen. It will improve and get better over time (speech synthesis is typically judged by its intelligibility and its naturalness). But it's here to stay. So, here's to technology continuing to reflect and empower us around the continent."

Watch video of how the Nigerian accent works on Google Map: https://www.femiotawa.com/2019/07/google-launches-nigerian-voice-on.html

1 Like

Re: Google Launches Nigerian Voice On Google Map Navigation by obo389(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2019
I commend you guys but my problem with the Nigerian English is that it doesn't mention street names, roads and the likes.
Just description.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Do Before Leaving Your Home For Vacation / Indonesian Visa / An Armored Truck Spilled Thousands Of Dollars On An Atlanta Highway. What Would

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.