Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:22 AM

"I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo (2372 Views)

Niger Republic Doesn't Even Respect Tinubu / Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by i08033463477: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2019
Akindayo Benson, a UN staff from Irere South West Nigeria, has bared his mind that he will join Biafra if Oduduwa Republic doesn't come. Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by chiagozien(m): 10:11am On Jul 26, 2019
we yoruba muslims are comfortable with one nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Rekhina(f): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2019
Oduduwa will never come because of yoruba islams ,

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by IGBOSON1: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Rekhina:
Oduduwa will never come because of yoruba islams ,

Just as the emergence of a Oduduwa republic would face resistance from greedy 'one Nigeria' Yoruba elite like Tinubu and co, back in the east, the emergence of Biafra and/or Niger Delta republics would equally face resistance from efulefu 'one Nigeria' elite like Orji Uzor Kalu, Okorocha, most of our greedy/visionless governors, etc!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by ChristianEast: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Checked his name and he is a Yoruba christian, would have been surprised he is a yoruba moslem.

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Blankstare(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2019
What's you guys problem always with Yoruba Muslims? Do you all think they are happy with Nigeria situation? No,I belief most of you here haven't traveled wide, reason you find comfort in blaming the innocent yoruba muslims, they are one of the honest hard-working set of Nigerians. This country is hard to balkanise because it's a Catholic marriage of various ethnicities, what is the fate of the middle belters? They have never aspire to be alone...

1 Like

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Daviddson(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2019
Lol. I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba, but the way IPOB agents hide under the cover of insulting "Yoruba Muslims" whilst indirectly insulting the whole Yoruba is disgusting and silly. I hope Yoruba people don't fall into this trap.

Edited.

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by gbengaolaniyi(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2019
angry angry angry

"Today I will be frank and brutally truthful! cool cool

The Igbos all along knew what the Fulani stand for, they led a revolution of southern Nigerians that cut the Fulani Agenda to size, and, though it was not a tribal revolution, it became an Igbo coup. Yoruba leaders led Yoruba to the Fulani party as guests not as celebrants.

Fast forward...yet with the Fulani owning the Federal Government...Yoruba were only too happy to be a part of it...yet, we saw great men like Abiola, Fela, Beko Ransome Kuti, Falana, Gani Fawehinmi and a host of others maltreated and jailed...even Awolowo...was wrongly sent to jail by the northern powers..for which a Yoruba judge claimed his hands were tied! angry angry angry

And, one has to ask: "what is it that Yoruba see in Fulani Ass lipsrsealed lipsrsealed that other southern brothers and sisters do not see ?"

Look how this lovely responsible daughter of a responsible gentleman, elder and leader of Afenifere and therefore southern leader has been mowed down by people not wothy of cleaning her shoes...so painful cry cry.

I doff my hat for FFK because he saw something others refused to see during the formation of APC and he said it, that APC is Fulani and he bolted away from APC.

He became scorned by the Yoruba and nothing he said was important. Alas! The stone that the builders rejected has become the head cornerstone!

Ojukwu instilled fear into the Fulani and that fear is still there even when Ojukwu has passed on. Because, there are those who can do what Ojukwu did, if not better.

I pray that the south can stand arm in arm to overcome the Fulani trouble.

Oya tell that mod to come and ban me again angry angry angry awon omo ale jati-jati undecided undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by MetaPhysical: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2019
Daviddson:
Lol. I'm not Yoruba, but the way IPOB agents hide under the cover of insulting "Yoruba Muslims" whilst indirectly insulting the whole Yoruba is disgusting and silly. I hope the Yoruba Christians don't fall into this trap.

Their fellow Igbos answer them pretending to be Yoruba and christian. True Yorubas ignore them.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Jobac: 11:33am On Jul 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Their fellow Igbos answer them pretending to be Yoruba and christian. True Yorubas ignore them.
They are all ibo catholic. Don't mind them.
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Amumaigwe: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Blankstare:
What's you guys problem always with Yoruba Muslims? Do you all think they are happy with Nigeria situation? No,I belief most of you here haven't traveled wide, reason you find comfort in blaming the innocent yoruba muslims, they are one of the honest hard-working set of Nigerians. This country is hard to balkanise because it's a Catholic marriage of various ethnicities, what is the fate of the middle belters? They have never aspire to be alone...

Yoruba Muslims are the subset that weakens southern unity because of their unprofitable allegiance to the caliphate.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by jlinkd78(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
gbengaolaniyi:
angry angry angry

The Igbos all along knew what the Fulani stand for, they led a revolution of southern Nigerians that cut the Fulani Agenda to size, and, though it was not a tribal revolution, it became an Igbo coup. Yoruba leaders led Yoruba to the Fulani party as guests not as celebrants.

Fast forward...yet with the Fulani owning the Federal Government...Yoruba were only too happy to be a part of it...yet, we saw great men like Abiola, Fela, Beko Ransome Kuti, Falana, Gani Fawehinmi and a host of others maltreated and jailed...even Awolowo...was wrongly sent to jail by the northern powers..for which a Yoruba judge claimed his hands were tied! angry angry angry

And, one has to ask: "what is it that Yoruba see in Fulani Ass lipsrsealed lipsrsealed that other southern brothers and sisters do not see ?"

Look how this lovely responsible daughter of a responsible gentleman, elder and leader of Afenifere and therefore southern leader has been mowed down by people not wothy of cleaning her shoes...so painful cry cry.

I doff my hat for FFK because he saw something others refused to see during the formation of APC and he said it, that APC is Fulani and he bolted away from APC.

He became scorned by the Yoruba and nothing he said was important. Alas! The stone that the builders rejected has become the head cornerstone!

Ojukwu instilled fear into the Fulani and that fear is still there even when Ojukwu has passed on. Because, there are those who can do what Ojukwu did, if not better.

Oya tell that mod to come and ban me again angry angry angry awon omo ale jati-jati undecided undecided
Very sensible post

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by madmohamed(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Daviddson:
Lol. I'm not Yoruba, but the way IPOB agents hide under the cover of insulting "Yoruba Muslims" whilst indirectly insulting the whole Yoruba is disgusting and silly. I hope the Yoruba Christians don't fall into this trap.
don't lie yoloba Moslem.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by advocate666: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
No. Sorry. We don't want any Afonja in our midst.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by ahaz: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
gbengaolaniyi:
angry angry angry

The Igbos all along knew what the Fulani stand for, they led a revolution of southern Nigerians that cut the Fulani Agenda to size, and, though it was not a tribal revolution, it became an Igbo coup. Yoruba leaders led Yoruba to the Fulani party as guests not as celebrants...spot on and my only concern is how to make amends to stop the unhealthy rivalry existing btwn us in the south and forge an alliance against our common enemy

1 Like

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Elemosho478: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
Daviddson:

Lol these people think we are Stupid like them

Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his hatred for Yoruba Christians

He told Igbo Christians to stop going to Yoruba Pastors churches, jealous of Yoruba pastors success

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by selemempe: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elemosho478:

Lol these people think we are Stupid like them

Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his hatred for Yoruba Christians

He told Igbo Christians to stop going to Yoruba Pastors churches, jealous of Yoruba pastors success
an igbo man can never hate yoruba christians...very intelligent and progressive set....from wizkid, davido to obj and soyinka...kanu said that in error and he has since shifted. But yoro muslems? Hmmm na another matter o

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Elemosho478: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:
an igbo man can never hate yoruba christians...very intelligent and progressive set....from wizkid, davido to obj and soyinka...kanu said that in error and he has since shifted. But yoro muslems? Hmmm na another matter o

Lol But Nnamdi Kanu your leader is so jealous of Yoruba Christians success to the extent that he told his fellows Igbos to Stop going to Yoruba Pastors churches

Do you even know that Wizkid have both Christian and Muslim parent? Every time you insult Yoruba muslims, you are insulting Wizkid father
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Oodua Republic is loading!!
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by selemempe: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elemosho478:

Lol But Nnamdi Kanu your leader is so jealous of Yoruba Christians success to the extent that he told his fellows Igbos to Stop going to Yoruba Pastors churches

Do you even know that Wizkid have both Christian and Muslim parent? Every time you insult Yoruba muslims, you are insulting Wizkid father
it doesnt matter. Wizkid is xtian thats the important thing.

Igbos have alwayz held yoruba xtians in very high regard. Always

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by Elemosho478: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:

You can all shove your regards up your asses
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by YorubaHero12: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:

You catholic Igbos are daft and most times think abruptly and you spoil the little image the Anglican Igbos had.

Ojukwu was a catholic Igbo who sacrificed 3million of his tribesmen, Ozubulu massacre is still fresh in our minds and you catholic Igbos are the hairy chestbeaters running around all thread trying to be at par with the Mighty Yoruba tribe.

Chukwudi do you even know wizkid name is Ibrahim?

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by helinues: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ebele to him
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by selemempe: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
YorubaHero12:

You catholic Igbos are daft and most times think abruptly and you soil the little image the Anglican Igbos had.

Ojukwu was a catholic Igbo who sacrificed 3million of his tribesmen, Ozubulu massacre is still fresh in our minds and you catholic Igbos are the hairy chestbeaters running around all thread trying to be at par with the Mighty Yoruba tribe.

Chukwudi do you even know wizkid name is Ibrahim?
ojukwu is actually anglican cheesy

Chai

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by selemempe: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elemosho478:

You can all shove your regards up your asses
relax bro....are u even a yoruba muslim? Why are u getting wrked up?
Re: "I Will Go With Biafra If Oduduwa Republic Doesn't Come"- Akindayo by porka: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yoruba is the most unprepared nation for independence from Nigeria.

Others have seen the futility of being in Nigeria in this present form but Yoruba is not thinking of life outside Nigeria at all.

This is due to a number of factors;

1) Yoruba is war weary. Due to the brutal internecine wars of. the 19th century, Yoruba is worried that tribal rivalries that were suppressed by the British in a 'Nigerian arrangement' might resurface. The supremacy battles were fierce and took tolls on human and material resources.

2) Yoruba Muslims fear that they might be at the receiving end of the Yoruba nationhood. They are extremely outnumbered and do not have enough skilled human resources, they are using the northern Muslims as cover. Their businesses are also intertwined with the Fulani herders - many Yoruba Muslims are butchers who are concerned about loss of income should anything happened to their supplies.

3) Greed - Some Yoruba leaders actually know that Nigeria, as is, will never improve but they want to get their own share of the largesse. They are not altruistic but selfish people who don't care how they get to office. Unfortunately, this set has displaced the traditional highly cerebral-forward-looking Yoruba leadership. And Fulani leaders have come to see them for what they are, thereby playing into their greed for power and selfishness to quickly advance their expansionary agenda. They have taken advantageI of their vanities and have achieved in less than 5 years what they could only dream in 50 years because of intense marking by the first generation Yoruba nationalists.

4) Myopia - Some are into wishful thinking that Nigeria (as is) will work with 'good governance'. They are ready to experiment with anything. Some of them are unconscionable people who don't know or don't care about human lives. Majority of this set are urban dwellers (some elite Lagosians in particular). To them, business is business. They have lost virtually all connections with the hinterland and don't care what happens there. If the Fulani like they can annex everywhere, it is not their cup of tea. The Yoruba country doesn't appeal to them. Many of them already have dual passports, while their children and children's children don't even have Nigerian passport at all. Yoruba has lost (is still losing) grounds in many sectors that it has had very early advantages because of shallowness of this set: in commerce, industry, academia, financial services - banking and insurance etc. Even the media considered as Yoruba tuff is being challenged vigorously, with Yoruba youths only left with unnecessary attacks on other people without any depth, while the media practitioners are majorly employees of media houses owned by others. Similar employee'-status in other industries made the Yoruba youths/workers hardest hit by the Buhari's failed economic policies that saw many companies folding up and millions of job loss. Thousands are trooping to Canada as the last option.

5) Fathers and mothers of Nigeria - Partly due to (1) above, some have become Nigerian nationalists. They really don't like how Nigeria is going and wish they could do something about it. These ones have invested efforts in the Nigerian projects are trying to make it perfect. Unfortunately, all their efforts have not yielded much positive results because they are only being emotional. The idea of dismantling Nigeria doesn't sound well with their emotions. People like Baba Obasanjo is in this category. Same with many Yoruba dominated church leaders. These will even tell you that Nigeria was created by God. They are calling for restructuring by writing letters and the likes. Unfortunately, no one is reading any letters nowadays.

Actually, there are other factors but these are the most visible.

Yoruba need to sit down with each other and discuss in a frankly way how the various interests can be represented while presenting a common front.

The most articulated solution so far seem to be the restructuring model which was championed over the years by the intellectual wing of the now displaced Yoruba leadership.

But even that one seems to now be outmoded. It is already too late. As things are unfolding very quickly before our eyes, the Fulani nation is in a race to out-maneuver the Yoruba by planting themselves everywhere with force and might thereafter call for dialogue from the position of strength, thereby forcing a fait accompli.

The situation calls for a brand new strategy. It also calls for the complete and total overhaul of the Yoruba leadership by a group of young forward thinking, cerebral, extremely Yoruba leadership. The collegiate model that has been tested and has been successful should be adopted. Of course a ceremonial head should emerge but decisions have to be collectively agreed on. The current system has set Yoruba back 50 years or more. This is the time leadership should naturally emerge out of the existing vacuum. If there is any semblance of Yoruba political leadership (not to be mistaken with polical office holders) currently, then is it ineffective.

There should emerge a leadership passionate about the survival of the Yoruba nation. People who are not ashamed to be called names. Those who don't give in to emotional blackmail, who don't care whether someone sees/tags them as uncivilized. They don't have to be violent, it has nothing to do with violence. (For instance,, the British pushed and pushed for 'independence' from tthe EU which culminated in Brexit without any gun fired and the ongoing process is transparent and non-violent.) People who are educated enough to know how modern diplomacy works should emerge at this time. Those who are not cowardly and can stand their ground without betraying emotions. Those who can articulate vision and get a buy-in from the rest of the people. And it doesn't have to be through those endless-time-wasting-actionless summits (or talk shows).

The current gladiators should be left to pursue their political agenda whichever they want. They are doing it for themselves and their families, anyway.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africa Speaks On ‘cutting’ Bilateral Ties With Nigeria / Rating Of Nigeria Among Other Countries. (pictures) / Governor Wike Tweets On Girls Demanding Recharge Cards From Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.