Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,884 members, 7,952,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Experience With MTN Nigeria - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Experience With MTN Nigeria (921 Views)

Elon Musk's Starlink Ready To Compete With MTN, Airtel, Glo 9mobile In Nigeria / Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? / QASA 18 INCH AC/DC SOLAR FAN.COMPATIBLE WITH MTN LUMOS AND SMALL SOLAR SYSTEMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Homeboiy: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
» House Of Reps To Investigate SIM Swap Fraud, Adopts
Ibezi's Motion «

I decided to write this because of the news I saw on front page.
First, my appreciation goes to Mr Abel an MTN staff for his help and efforts in this matter. October 2018 my mtn SIM card got damaged, the next day I traveled so I could not go to there office for SIM swap. on my way back from travel I lost my belongings including my voters card and other ID cards ,cash and ATM card. I couldn't go for SIM swap cos I have no ID card for authentification. Recently someone adviced I should swear affidavit.
On Monday 22nd of July 2019, I sent MTN message on facebook to check if the number is still available for retrieving, they gave me a go ahead. So yesterday morning I went to HIGH COURT in Benin city for the affidavit, after I was done there, I went to MTN office at akpakpava, it was my turn, I gave them the affidavit, and the man looked at it and told me it can't be retrieved, I got angry squeezed the affidavit and threw it inside the waste bin. I went back to the office and messaged them again, they were sorry and asked for alternative number which I provided few minutes later a lady called n calmed me down and adviced I go back and pick the affidavit. (To the lady I appreciate your talk,if u never marry I still dey available oo)
Few minutes after a number called and introduced himself as Mr. Abel, he asked me to go back to the office and when I reach there I should flash him. I went back, flashed him and he called, he said I should meet the manager ,I checked and he was not around.He hanged up and called the guy that told me to go. All I was hearing is yes sir, the guy passed his phone to me and Mr Abel told me to calm down that they will do it for me. The guy just dragged his phone from my ear and was like, how u take know our oga. He oredered a lady there to do it. Last last she did retrieve the SIM but said I should come back with ID for re-registration. I left there, on my way home Mr Abel called to know how far I have gone with the issue, I appreciated his efforts but told him about the re -registration, he got angry and said I should go back there that they must finish everything, I told him they were about to close that I will go there the next morning. He called me this morning that I should go back there. I went back flashed him, he called after speaking with him, he called the manager to read the contents in the affidavit, He read it to him and No 5 of the affidavit is clearly written, THAT I HAVE NO MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION. The next thing they re-registered the SIM and it's now working perfectly. The manager and the other man apologized to me and gave me a jotter and a biro.
Thank u MTN and Thank you Mr Abel.
With your gestures I'm now convinced that Nigeria will be better again if we Nigerians start doing the right thing.

Sorry for the lengthy post

lalaclaticlala, This is my testimony, I no need go church, good thing deserves a Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by professorval1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Our OT is faulty in this country. Once you have a complain, Everybody will be forming for you, eventhough they owe you their services.

National Orientation Agency and SERVICOM need to up their game
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Skyfornia(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
cool shocked...Nigerians most times behave like illiterates. Especially, telecommunications, banks and hospital staff. Don't even mention police cause e be like say from oga at the top down to the constable no go school at all.
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Homeboiy: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
professorval1:
Our OT is faulty in this country. Once you have a complain, Everybody will be forming for you, eventhough they owe you their services.

National Orientation Agency and SERVICOM need to up their game

And this issue wey we no dey like read, e de affect us, cos if to say them read the affidavit, issues for no de

1 Like

Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Homeboiy: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
Skyfornia:
cool shocked...Nigerians most times behave like illiterates. Especially, telecommunications, banks and hospital staff. Don't even mention police cause e be like say from oga at the top down to the constable no go school at all.

I swear

lalaclaticlala, mynd44

Fp nah
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
In summary, if it was not Mr Abel, you won't have retrieved yous sim. How many oga's in mtn office allover are like Mr Abel? Not Much.
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Homeboiy: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Remimadrid:
In summary, if it was not Mr Abel, you won't have retrieved yous sim. How many oga's in mtn office allover are like Mr Abel? Not Much.

The man is exceptional

God bless him
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by tivta(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
I can't help but laugh at the stupidity of some workers.
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by Proffdada: 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Biro and jotter for what na? They should have given you data or credit

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used HP Laptop For Sale / SOLD SOLD Selling HP Notebook 15: I5 7th Gen, 8gb Ram & 1T HDD SOLD SOLD / SOLD- USA Used Samsung S10e @135k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.