Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,784 members, 7,941,949 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues (24209 Views)

Tayo Faniran And Amaka His Girlfriend Welcome Third Child [Photo] / #bbnaija: Tayo Faniran And Twitter User Blast Each Other Over Cee-c / Tayo Faniran Praises BBNaija's Teddy A For Having Sex With BamBam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by sonofElElyon: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
This guy was strangled by south africa police but thankfully he survived. The Nigerian lady who went for a conference in south Africa and was discovered dead in her hotel room died of strangulation according to autopsy report..
South africa police hates Nigerians and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand in the lady's death..
Strangulation seems to be their stock in trade!

Gistformant:
Abike Dabiri, chairman of the Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission has said the South African Police is being sued over the assault on a Nigerian resident in the country.

Recall that ex-Big Brother Africa housemate and Nigerian model, Tayo Faniran, was assaulted and strangled by South African police on Friday.

He was going in his car when the police stopped him and assaulted him without any evidence against him. He captured the incident live on camera for the whole world to see what happened and later explained in another separate video how he was thoroughly tortured by the police.

According to an Instagram live video shared online, Faniran was arrested and brutally tortured after he refused to enter an unmarked police vehicle. Dabiri-Erewa, however, got hold of the news and gave a report about the release of Faniran and said she was going to ensure justice was served in this matter.

She said that the South African Police have been sued and that a case is being pressed against them for their brutality.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nigerian-government-sues-south-african-police-over-assault-on-bba-star-tayo-faniran

2 Likes

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by martineverest(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
hypocrites..they won't sue nigerian police for their harassment
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Odingo1: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
What if the guy is not a Yoruba will she do the same.

Many Nigerians have suffered this or even killed before but no response from Abike.

1 Like

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by HBB1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After seeing that video, I was happy because at last there is an evidence to sue those Xenophobic police officers. I'm already looking forward to this court case.

But I can already predict how it will go.

Judge to SAPS officer: "Why did you blow Mr. Tayo Faniran"?

SAPS officer: "Since Tayo has refused to blow, I decided to blow him".

Judge: This is obviously an act of selfless service, Mr Officer.
Case dismissed.

Hediot! cheesy grin
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by pyro62(m): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After seeing that video, I was happy because at last there is an evidence to sue those Xenophobic police officers. I'm already looking forward to this court case.

But I can already predict how it will go.

Judge to SAPS officer: "Why did you blow Mr. Tayo Faniran"?

SAPS officer: "Since Tayo has refused to blow, I decided to blow him".

Judge: This is obviously an act of selfless service, Mr Officer.
Case dismissed.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by XhosaNostra(f): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Unmarked police car? Jussie Smollett anyone?

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
Cosbyrich:

They did this because he is a celebrity,right?

The most important thing is "They did"

He is first a Nigerian before a celebrity.

1 Like

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Legendguru: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
oh
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by imitateMe(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
geosuzzy:
With this kind of move by Nigerian govt....Make the guy comot the country oo...if u kw u kw
His wife is South African

1 Like

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Enyimbamercedes: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
Who will help us sue our police for the brutality towards our own citizens.

You want to sue SA police because you know they recognize rule of law yet in our own country our law enforcement agents are lawless!!

Really silly

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Catchfirez: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
But If na igbo now. Them go say him hand no clean. Na afonja now. You sue the police.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Sirwallace(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
High time our leaders started fighting for our citizens abroad. Many have been lynched, killed by these south Africans. There was a recent recording of Ghanians looting Nigerian shops in their country. And the minister of foreign affairs, the ambassador to these countries are not taking any action against these moves. Thanks to the timely intervention of Abike Dabiri in some of these cases.

By the way,

Hello well meaning nairalander, I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any engineering firm. Diversification in any capacity from management to finance, customer relationship and ICT will also be appreciated.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
My email is ajayioladeji2015@gmail.com

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Anthoemma: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
It is totally unbecoming to treat humans like that, South Africa have forgotten how Nigeria champion fight against apartheid, returning favor with xenophobia and attacks. Humanity above all, color, religion we are from one human race.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by TheStarsAlign: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gistformant:
Abike Dabiri, chairman of the Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission has said the South African Police is being sued over the assault on a Nigerian resident in the country.

Recall that ex-Big Brother Africa housemate and Nigerian model, Tayo Faniran, was assaulted and strangled by South African police on Friday.

He was going in his car when the police stopped him and assaulted him without any evidence against him. He captured the incident live on camera for the whole world to see what happened and later explained in another separate video how he was thoroughly tortured by the police.

According to an Instagram live video shared online, Faniran was arrested and brutally tortured after he refused to enter an unmarked police vehicle. Dabiri-Erewa, however, got hold of the news and gave a report about the release of Faniran and said she was going to ensure justice was served in this matter.

She said that the South African Police have been sued and that a case is being pressed against them for their brutality.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nigerian-government-sues-south-african-police-over-assault-on-bba-star-tayo-faniran

Chasing shadows. Sueing SA govt in SA is ridiculous. SA Police is an extension of SA govt.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Naijageak(m): 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Do the police respects the citizens of Nigeria or They are being molested and intimidated On a daily basis?

1 Like

Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by lathrowinger: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Only celeb they do nromal for..

During xenophobia..

Where you dey?

Get sense, Babaheekmat wey no get ihkmah
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Jetrue3oo: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Na because na yoruba
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by enemyofprogress: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
I sawed the first video, the guy didn't did anything to the police, they just beated him for nothing because he is a Nigeria
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Jaqenhghar: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
Meanwhile i Niggeria SARS and soldiers kill people at will.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by Babaheekmat: 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
lathrowinger:

Get sense, Babaheekmat wey no get ihkmah

Laughing..

Why are you looking for my trouble..

Se o ya wayray ni.. ori e daru ni..

If my post no make sense to you..

Wetin you gain for this life?
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by IronGalaxy: 12:16am On Jul 28, 2019
These types of threads are always misleading

*Sighs*
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by wowcatty: 3:33am On Jul 28, 2019
Thank God you were not killed, or maybe you were screaming "I'm Yoruba" to save your life. How did you record while being tortured? I'm sure it's not as bad as you claimed. Were you in the company of the people known to be trouble makers? Are you being used as a pawn? How will the S.Africans respond to you suing their police? Expect real beating now or worse. If Yoruba in S.Africa don't stay clear of igbos over there, expect bad things cos not everybody can be stuppidd like you in your homeland. The whole thing stinks anyway.
Re: Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues by coolcentbigman(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
Where are those people saying SA are nice people and only assault and kill Nigerians who are involved in crime?? Well i wouldn't say his tribe saved him, it's because he was smart enough to record the situation as evidence and that's what other victims failed to do because they were either killed at the spot or were not given a chance to record the event.

Most of these Crimes are associated with the SA police force killing and abusing innocent Nigerians, same topic we discussed this last week and this is a nice step taken by Nigerians and i hope they paid for their crimes and that'll reduce all these nonsense!.

Anyways kudos to those reacting to the situation, God bless you all and God bless Nigeria!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Egbegbe Apologizes To Toyin Aimakhu For All Inconveniences / Fatai Rolling Dollar Is Dead? / Photos From Jigan Babaoja Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.