Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,234 members, 7,925,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri (2273 Views)

I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Prison - Buhari / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Manslaughter Case: Ibinabo Sent To Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Fugitive Cele Prophet Sent To Kirikiri[/size]

An Ikeja High Court Judge, Justice Olabisi Akinlade has ordered that Israel Ola-Ogundipe, a prophet of the Celestial Church of Christ and television evangelist, should be remanded in Kirikiri Prisons.

•Israel Ola-Ogundipe and his bodyguard
He had evaded arraignment six times after his arrest by the police on account of an alleged fraud of about N10 million,
According to the charge sheet filed by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, the TV evangelist was alleged to have duped Mrs. Williams-Oni, under the false pretence of using the money for spiritual works.

“On or about the 5th of November 2002 at No. 7/11, Duro Ishola Street, Alakuko, Lagos in the Ikeja Judicial Division you stole the sum of £12, 000 (about N2.4 million) from one Mrs. Olaide Williams – Oni,” read one of the charges.
It also alleged that, between June and December 2007, the suspect fraudulently obtained the sum of N8.5 million from the same Mrs. Williams-Oni and also forged a Nigerian international passport with the name Sanyaolu Babatunde Solomon.

The offences are contrary to Section 390, Section 419 and Section 467 of the Criminal Code Law, Cap C17, Vol. 2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria.
Israel Ola-Ogundipe, popularly known as Genesis by his admirers, was brought before Justice Mojisola Dada in January on account of the allegations against him but the matter could not proceed because he was not represented by a lawyer.
On the next adjourned date, his lawyer A. Kuye, told the court that his client was under investigation and was being detained by the police at the X- squad, Alagbon, Lagos, who are said to be conducting further investigation into the alleged fraud.
At his request, the presiding judge again adjourned the matter till another date.

When the prophet failed to appear in court for the third time, the judge promptly issued a bench warrant for his arrest, saying it was necessary since she was convinced that the suspect was deliberately trying to take the court for a ride, adding that the court would not tolerate such.
The bench warrant yielded no justice to the matter as the police and the prosecution counsel were still unable to apprehend the prophet and bring him to court.
Luck, however, ran out on the prophet when a team of policemen recently effected his arrest and brought him before Justice Akinlade who, after taking his plea of not guilty, ordered that he should be remanded in Kirikiri Prison pending the ruling on his bail application.
Before the order was made, the prosecuting counsel, Mrs Olabisi Ogungbesan told the court that the accused had on different occasions between 2002 and 2005 allegedly collected various sums of money from Mrs. Williams-Oni.

She alleged that the monies which were collected in installments include N900, 000; N2, 500,000; N8, 500,000; N2, 685, 750 and 12,000 British Pounds.
She also alleged that the accused forged one Nigerian passport purporting to be the passport of Sanyaolu Babatunde Solomon, (passport number A2799555).
The prosecution also opposed a bail application made by the accused counsel, Olusegun Raji on the grounds that the prophet was unreliable and would jump bail.
The judge adjourned the case till 28 October for ruling on the bail application.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/15/fugitive-cele-prophet-sent-to-kirikiri/
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2010
Thieving in God's Name cheesy
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
Mind how you call a man of God a thief.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Beaf: 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
In short, police need to go round all the churches and round up as many prophets as possible. There is no worse crime than decieving and stealing from the poor, desperate and disadvantaged.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
Beaf:

In short, police need to go round all the churches and round up as many prophets as possible. There is no worse crime than decieving and stealing from the poor, desperate and disadvantaged.

Be careful with your mouth before one of these prophets place a curse on you. Remember how prophet Dr Elijah was cursing people and generations in the bible.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Be careful with your mouth before one of these prophets place a curse on you. Remember how prophet Dr Elijah was cursing people and generations in the bible.

are u 4 real or is this comedy grin
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Beaf: 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

No be only Elijah!

Before they even open their unbrushed mouths to curse, I will show this to them, and they'll follow me like a dog grin grin grin;

Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
MrPrsdent:

are u 4 real or is this comedy  grin

You no go close your mouth now before the holy prophet ask God to use thunder fire you. He can still make that request from kirikiri after all Samson, Elijah and John de baptist did the same.
I pity those who arrested and prosecuted him including the judge. The holy prophet will place curses on their head. How dare they?
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You no go close your mouth now before the holy prophet ask God to use thunder fire you. He can still make that request from kirikiri after all Samson, Elijah and John de baptist did the same.
I pity those who arrested and prosecuted him including the judge. The holy prophet will place curses on their head. How dare they?

guy you funny o! a man of god duped somebody and you are here defending him.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 12:13am On Oct 16, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

guy you funny o! a man of god duped somebody and you are here defending him.

He has a right to proper defense besides, the court should have given him the benefit of doubt being the prophet of the most high.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by IbrahimB: 12:20am On Oct 16, 2010
Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri

Were you expectiing him to be sent to prison in "bits-and-pieces"?  undecided grin
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Osama10(m): 12:41am On Oct 16, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

He has a right to proper defense besides, the court should have given him the benefit of doubt being the prophet of the most high.
He should face the music no pity or mercy.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 16, 2010
IbrahimB:

Were you expectiing him to be sent to prison in "bits-and-pieces"?  undecided grin

nice 1 grin
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 1:03am On Oct 16, 2010
Osama10:

He should face the music no pity or mercy.

They should give him jail time discount since he is preaching the gospel and helping people attain heaven.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 16, 2010
IbrahimB:

ROTFL. . .very funny question !
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by isimili: 2:13am On Oct 16, 2010
I am amazed at the level of ignorance of some of my people whenever church and prophets are mentioned.

Yes the bible says do not touch or speak evil of my anointed. However has anyone bothered to find out how some of these bloody idiots parading themselves as prophets became anointed. We must stop perpetrating ignorance and allow justice to follow its full course regardless of who anyone claims to be. If this guy is so clean and can curse anyone from anywhere what the hell was he doing in the first instance being connected with this woman. I am not saying that he is guilty because you are not guilty until you are proved guilty. However, we are all subject to the law. No one is above the law. it is only in Nigeria that you hear this type of foolishness.

If he indeed defrauded the woman he should be made to face and feel the full force and weight of the law and if found guilty properly jailed as a warning to idiots who use the name of the lord in vain. Remember reverend king who burned a woman in his church. They can bloody go to hell. i have one to one with my God and don't care about these idiotic pastors. Curses? let them bring it on. he who goes to equity must go with a clean hand and mind.
Re: Judge Sends A Whole Prophet To Kirikiri by AloyEmeka5: 4:36am On Oct 16, 2010
isimili:

I am amazed at the level of ignorance of some of my people whenever church and prophets are mentioned.

Yes the bible says do not touch or speak evil of my anointed. However has anyone bothered to find out how some of these bloody idiots parading themselves as prophets became anointed. We must stop perpetrating ignorance and allow justice to follow its full course regardless of who anyone claims to be. If this guy is so clean and can curse anyone from anywhere what the hell was he doing in the first instance being connected with this woman. I am not saying that he is guilty because you are not guilty until you are proved guilty. However, we are all subject to the law. No one is above the law. it is only in Nigeria that you hear this type of foolishness.

If he indeed defrauded the woman he should be made to face and feel the full force and weight of the law and if found guilty properly jailed as a warning to idiots who use the name of the lord in vain. Remember reverend king who burned a woman in his church. They can bloody go to hell. i have one to one with my God and don't care about these idiotic pastors. Curses? let them bring it on. he who goes to equity must go with a clean hand and mind.

He is a prophet of God for Pete's sake. Do you want him to curse our land with drought like Elijah did?. Take your time o. wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts / How To Start A Revolution In Nigeria: Enough Is Enough / Senator Joseph Waku Are You A Northerner? By John Okiyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.