Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Sleep Paralysis: Are “they” Pressing You Down At Night? – Dr Nonso - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Are “they” Pressing You Down At Night? – Dr Nonso (296 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis: Are “they” Pressing You Down At Night? – Dr Nonso by udomoh(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Is sleep paralysis a spiritual attack? Is sleep paralysis supernatural? Metaphysical explanation for sleep paralysis.

Medical doctor and social media influencer @aproko_doctor yesterday took to his social media handle to enlighten the public on the concept of sleep paralysis dispelling the long held beliefs in religious circles of a spiritual attack or phenomenon.

His tweets and reactions below….�

Are “they” pressing you in the night?

Do you suddenly wake up not being able to move? Before you run for deliverance, before you give testimony in church, read this…

You might not be possessed

You may just have sleep paralysis.

Sleep what

When we dream, our body switches off the ability to move so that we don’t injure ourselves acting out the dreams

When we wake, that ability is switched on.
But sometimes the switch get problem, and we wake up paralysed.

This is terrifying, imagine being awake but not able to move.

You’re more likely to have sleep paralysis:

If you sleep on your back

If you’re not getting enough sleep

If you’re stressed or depressed

Or you have a sleep disorder

Sometimes genetics are implicated…

Here are a few ways that may help prevent sleep paralysis

1. Get enough sleep

2. Avoid caffeine just before bed time

3. Avoid noise or lights.

4. Pay attention to your mental health

Some drugs can be used to prevent or manage sleep paralysis

These drugs can reduce the REM sleep which is where most of the incidences occur.

Talk to your doctor

In other cases, if someone suddenly wakes up gasping for air, or run to a window. it may not be sleep paralysis, but may occur when the lungs are filled with fluid

This can happen in Heart failure, and becomes better if the person sits upright for a while.

Talk to a doctor

Reactions/Responses/Personal testimonies to sleep paralysis phenomenon

Dr Udomoh@DrUdomoh
You are removing food from pastors mouth. Today is Sunday o. What will they talk about now?

Taiwo Layor Akinrimisi@LayorTaiwo

Knowledge is indeed power!

Arth Guinness@jabusky17

Sleep paralysis ko sleep paralysis no VILLAGE PEOPLE AT WORK … If u like continue to believe it’s sleep paralysis and don’t go and pray …. U go hear am loud and clear like wen bomb explode Wen u experience such, PRAY!!!

Jamiebones@Jamiescript

I suffered from this for a long period of time before accidentally finding out on Quora about it. Now I can predict it’s occurrence which is usually triggered if I don’t get enough sleep. Thanks Doc.

#DoubtlessThouArtMyFather (Isaiah 63:16)

Nonso! Nonso!! Nonso!!! How many times did I call you? This is NOT fair. You have NO RIGHT to spread truth like this na! Do you have any idea how many pastors you have just removed food from their mouth with this thread? They will come for you after service today…

10,000 People@Dah_Frame

Oga hold your thread, I’m not buying Blood of Jesus so allow me to use it for free. Sleep paralysis is more than this things you’re explaining here. That was how I felt my own paralysis 8 times half way to sleep until I prayed then I slept well. Blood of Jesus is Real!

DEIC CONCEPTS@designwizzy

I stress myself more, I task my brain more, I sleep much less and no sleep paralysis. Your information is good but most spiritual attacks are associated with physical medical conditions. While some are verifiable some are not. Stay properly guided and well informed.

sir_muel@OloraSamuel

Remembered after the first time I read about sleep paralysis… The following Sunday service, the pastor asked us pray about not being able to move after waking up(sleep paralysis) we disturb God too much in this part of the world… This intelligence wasn’t given for nothing.

Exquis Haven NG.@labisiyeyeblog
I guess you don’t know much about spiritual warfare. Science is really trying as much as possible to make the super-natural been made natural, trying to erase the existence of God. Kindly refer to Romans 1 vs 24 – 32. Remain blessed.

Morenike (Mo_senteur)@Olori_Renike

So you mean I was dragged to MFM deliverance ground, did 3 days fasting for sleep paralysis? You mean it wasn’t spiritual husband trying to cuddle me? Obara Jesus!!

Mercy Nwaokoro@NwaokoroMercy

Please do not be deceived sleep paralysis can not be explained away by science nor solved by it. Only continuous study and strong faith in the word of God can deliver you from this. Selah

valar morghulis@lordcrucifix

Has happened to me just once in my life and I had malaria then, I was dreaming that I was being chased by the Cheshire Cat in Alice in wonderland and he was biting my toes, I woke up and still saw it on my toes…at least I think I did but I couldn’t move

The responses shows a lot of persons have had sleep paralysis before and ascribe everything to spiritual attacks.

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/07/29/sleep-paralysis-are-they-pressing-you-down-at-night-dr-nonso/?amp

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Are “they” Pressing You Down At Night? – Dr Nonso by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
If you ever experience this... Just relax, no need to panic.

Start by wriggling your toes and try to move higher. You'll be up in no time

(1) (Reply)

Please Ohh! Help Me Pharmacist In The House / Help, i may have misused antimalaria drugs / Be Careful Of Painkiller Medication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.