Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,864 members, 7,889,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job (398 Views)

Habits That Have Denied You Your Promotion At Work And Stalled Your Career / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures) / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Dear Nigerian employee,
They say all is fair in love and war, I will be changing that to all is fair in love, war and keeping your job in Nigeria, we are over 150million people with about 59.6% of these people being literate which means, you can easily be replaced, you can easily be replaced and ......you can easily be replaced.

There are those people in the Nigerian Labour market who soar in any place they worm,who are quite nasty to work with yet they do better than you, the nice honest hard working guy who puts his life on the line for the company do you know why?
Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
1. Obsession: Too much of everything is bad they say , back in the times of our fore fathers cause right now, obsession is a winners strategy
Know your job and I don't mean knowing 1+1=2 Pere I mean knowing the in-depth process of the addition sign, where did it come from? Who created the system? How many other systems failed before he decided 1+1 = 2, was the creator a lefty or not? Be into your work so much that you think about it every minute you hear it in everything people say and you even formulate your own systems to get things done, you want to keep your job? Be obsessed.
Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
2. Amebo: Gosh! These are my worst type of people and I suppose a million and one people agree with me, songs are even written about them for christs sake that how much people hate this habit, however I believe if applied in the right places, this could actually be a talent. So instead of being in the know about the office romance or the beef supervisor why not pork nose into Going-concern issues or managerial strategies or work flow system get a grip of how the other departments function, what they face and you will be preparing yourself for a managerial appointment in the long run
Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
3. Eye service: We are all guilty of this one, what actually makes this a bad habit is that people actually feel the best way to do this is to put their fellow man down or cast them to their bosses so they seem like the good guy, well guess what? If you build your career based on this attitude well yes your boss may appreciate you outing the weak link but he will appreciate you more if you are actually the source of strength to the staff, strive for charisma instead of back biting and make sure your boss is present to catch you in the act of being a leader, trust me that will help you in the long run
Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
4. Carry your shoulders: The bible teaches us to be humble and polite and to turn the other cheek
I think they would have tweaked it a bit if the authors were alive today, because the meek do NOT inherit the world, people are just out to test you, to rubbish you and to make you feel small for no reason so my guy stand your ground you are better than everybody in that place as far as you are concerned, don't take sh!t from anyone when they respect you they can't put you down and once there is respect you won't be the guy they relegate to the retrenchment list if things go bad.
5. Do NOT be endurant: In fact endurance is the worst skill one can ever apply in the work place ,some bosses push you to achieve results while others are just sadists if your boss is a sadist who doesn't treat you right or respect your opinions or pay you on time don't remain there or manage the job because speaking from experience when you manage a job, it never ends well , quit that job don't say its hard to find another job or you have a family because if you get fired in the end,guess what? You will still have to find another Job anyway.

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
6. Ignorance can be a blessing: Having a tough skin in business, alot of things will befall you, a lot of people will talk sh!t to you but no matter what you do, be able to not let it get you enotional cause the next line of action is always the worst one when you are emotional talking from experience

There you have it, feel free to add the bad habit which has kept you in your job
Re: Bad Habits That Can Actually Help You Keep Your Job by lansintech(m): 6:21am On Jul 17, 2020

(1) (Reply)

19 Money Advice Learning To Help Make You Rich / INFOGIST] Zaiki Wonder Biography / Leanrn Sand Blasting And Spray Painting In 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.