Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,920 members, 7,906,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:02 AM

How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku (11441 Views)

Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud / Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by ejimatic: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2019
zakim:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 23, 2019 poll, Atiku Abubakar, has said Nigeria must address electoral lapses that cause rigging of election in the country, “especially those lapses that led to the alleged rigging of the 2019 general elections.” Atiku, a former Vice President in a statement on Monday by his Media Office, said one way of addressing the lapses was to implement the salient recommendations of the National Electoral Reform Committee (NERC) headed by former Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Mohammed Lawal Uwais.

He said the second was the creation of Electoral Crimes Commission. The former Vice President said one of such recommendations, which would enhance the independence of the supposedly Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was the recommendation that the power to appoint the chairman and board of the INEC be taken away from the President and given to the Judiciary.

He said Nigeria today faces a lot of challenges, chief of which are security and economic challenges, adding that to effectively tackle these, a government must have an honest and indisputable mandate. “Obviously, the 2019 elections were several steps down from the 2015 elections in terms of credibility, and as a democrat, I am challenging that election in the right arena, the courts. “However, leadership does not just entail getting justice for the past. A real leader knows that in terms of justice, prevention is better than cure.

“I have been pondering on the question, how can Nigeria have credible elections? Our electoral system needs not just to be brought up to date, by the acceptance of the amendments to the Electoral Act passed by the eight National Assembly, we also need to be up to tomorrow, by taking steps today to ensure that the lapses that made it possible for the 2019 elections to be manipulated or rigged are addressed. “Of all three arms of government, the Judiciary is the least affected by elections, meaning that it has the highest objectivity in matters relating to the INEC. “It is therefore in the best position of the three arms to appoint a chairman and board members for the electoral body that are impartial, competent and patriotic.

“This recommendation may seem like a small change, but my experience in life has taught me never to underestimate the big difference small changes can make. “Where you have an administration whose mandate is considered tainted, such a government will lack sufficient moral authority to tackle the myriad of problems this great nation currently faces.

“I conclude by saying that I do not believe in blaming. Leadership must be solution-oriented, not blame-focused. This is why I proffer this patriotic advice. Nigeria must be great again and all hands must be on deck to achieve that,” Atiku said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-to-address-election-rigging-in-nigeria-atiku.html
From the first day he decided to go to court I said he has no case at PET. The reason why Olu Falae. Buhari Awolowo and so on lost at presidential election tribunal will make Atiku lose too.Finally by implication he is throwing towel in and losing hope fnally on his illusion of winning at the tribunal.The presidential election covers a large territory.. 36 States. 774 local governments and thousands of wards.No loser can present strong evidence that can make him win at the tribunal.Finally how did he and Obasanjo rule Nigeria for 8years? Rigging! Only a fool like them will listen to them .They have failed Nigeria already.

3 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by SuperS1Panther: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2019
See who is talking!!!!! Alhaji Segasse Al-Cameroonie

The same person that boasted of how they rigged out AD in SW and left only Lagos for them.

God is indeed a patient God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Adeolajude(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
I look for a day I will read about Atiku and the thread will not be immediately related to his political ambition.. Maybe something like Atiku paid 500 medical bills...

4 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Neoteny(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
Says the chief architect and pioneer of modern election rigging in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by netpro(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2019
Jennifer is screaming. The table is shaking. Atiku is Cumming grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by MachadoPreto: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
zakim:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 23, 2019 poll, Atiku Abubakar, has said Nigeria must address electoral lapses that cause rigging of election in the country, “especially those lapses that led to the alleged rigging of the 2019 general elections.” Atiku, a former Vice President in a statement on Monday by his Media Office, said one way of addressing the lapses was to implement the salient recommendations of the National Electoral Reform Committee (NERC) headed by former Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Mohammed Lawal Uwais.

He said the second was the creation of Electoral Crimes Commission. The former Vice President said one of such recommendations, which would enhance the independence of the supposedly Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was the recommendation that the power to appoint the chairman and board of the INEC be taken away from the President and given to the Judiciary.

He said Nigeria today faces a lot of challenges, chief of which are security and economic challenges, adding that to effectively tackle these, a government must have an honest and indisputable mandate. “Obviously, the 2019 elections were several steps down from the 2015 elections in terms of credibility, and as a democrat, I am challenging that election in the right arena, the courts. “However, leadership does not just entail getting justice for the past. A real leader knows that in terms of justice, prevention is better than cure.

“I have been pondering on the question, how can Nigeria have credible elections? Our electoral system needs not just to be brought up to date, by the acceptance of the amendments to the Electoral Act passed by the eight National Assembly, we also need to be up to tomorrow, by taking steps today to ensure that the lapses that made it possible for the 2019 elections to be manipulated or rigged are addressed. “Of all three arms of government, the Judiciary is the least affected by elections, meaning that it has the highest objectivity in matters relating to the INEC. “It is therefore in the best position of the three arms to appoint a chairman and board members for the electoral body that are impartial, competent and patriotic.

“This recommendation may seem like a small change, but my experience in life has taught me never to underestimate the big difference small changes can make. “Where you have an administration whose mandate is considered tainted, such a government will lack sufficient moral authority to tackle the myriad of problems this great nation currently faces.

“I conclude by saying that I do not believe in blaming. Leadership must be solution-oriented, not blame-focused. This is why I proffer this patriotic advice. Nigeria must be great again and all hands must be on deck to achieve that,” Atiku said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-to-address-election-rigging-in-nigeria-atiku.html
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by etrouble: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2019
I thought Atikuchukwu has addressed all lapses when he wa VP for 8 years. I think his Cameroonian father is mad in the grave.

4 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by danot1030: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2019
kaeycea:
Brain dead people have invaded this thread. None is interested on the merits or de-merits of Atiku's proposal. Rather stupid emotional comment based on partisanship.

Atiku is not qualify to make such proposal because himself has both masterminded and benefitted from electoral fraud.

Dubai strategies was determined to rig, Porthacourt vote buying was an electoral fraud, the server theory to confuse Nigeria is an electoral fraud, the rigging during the election both perpetrated by APC and PDP was an electoral fraud.

2 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Babaheekmat: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2019
callmeVIBRANT:
dear sir,
pls when are you cumming.. i cant wait for you cum and sell NNPC..

i dedicate this ftc to my queen..
..drops pen

And who will buy nnpc if not in his care..

All politicians are the same.

Em all thieves and Killers

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2019
kaeycea:
Brain dead people have invaded this thread. None is interested on the merits or de-merits of Atiku's proposal. Rather stupid emotional comment based on partisanship.
The brain dead people we have in this country eh! Smh

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by ikpumbe(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2019
callmeVIBRANT:
dear sir,
pls when are you cumming.. i cant wait for you cum and sell NNPC..

i dedicate this ftc to my queen..
..drops pen

you guys play with everything.. that's y the politicians ain't taking u guys serious .
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by ikpumbe(m): 7:55am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s] How is this related to your long awaited cuming angry

how u r pained by a Man's speech saying he is coming beats my imagination..
a single man bigger than your generation for that matter
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by stealmatic(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2019
zakim:

yes it takes a thief to catch a thief..... LOBATAN

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Vixlot: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2019
Dannyset:
grin
Atiku is now a Motivational Speaker. Wetin we no go see!

grin grin grin
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by ikpumbe(m): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2019
Adeolajude:
I look for a day I will read about Atiku and the thread will not be immediately related to his political ambition.. Maybe something like Atiku paid 500 medical bills...

maybe after jagapan must have paid his
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by MobilityExpress: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2019
Election rigging that he didn't address for 8yrs as Vice President when the rigging favored them? Rigging that he and OBJ institutionalized and rigged with impunity but now that it doesn't favor him, he now has a solution grin. Address kee you there. This man is just too desperate.

2 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Simplyleo: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
ikpumbe:

how u r pained by a Man's speech saying he is coming beats my imagination..

a single man bigger than your generation for that matter
He might be bigger than your generation but not mine. My generation don't view a thief as big, let alone bigger than it. So when you say "bigger than a generation", I understand the goals of your generation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by MobilityExpress: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2019
B1ak3:
When a goat is advising you where to keep your yam the best thing to do is to ignore the advise because all he is after is the yam

Don't mind the joker. Rigging brought him and OBJ to power. They used rigging to keep themselves in power, and after they left, they used rigging to put their boys, lackeys and candidates in power. Now the man is convulsing like a witch that ia about to confess grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by chidextec: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2019
No sane Nigerian will take Atiku's proposal serious. Under PDP Nigeria witnessed unprecedented electoral fraud in the history of mankind. The electoral fraud perpetrated by Atiku and PDP is second to None. Rubbish angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by tigerclaws: 8:16am On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:
[/s]
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by ElsonMorali: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Says the master thief and chief election rigger of the satanic PDP party.

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by whela(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2019
Everyone with is own problem... Nigerians are facing killings everywhere... Election rigging is this man's problem... Nawa
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by jaxxy(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
How is this related to your long awaited cuming angry

No doubt Atiku by his present words and actions is presidential material. I hope Nigeria will not miss real and capable leaders that are capable of taking this country to the The it belongs.

Atiku has made a vary patriotic and good point that all well meaning Nigerians Shud see as the truth to improve our electoral system. Jonathan updated the system with card readers despite not 100% comfortable with it bt because it was a progressive step. I hope Buhari and Apc will use their heads and think and do what must be done to have credible elections ahead of the next elections. If they are confused or don’t trust Pdp’s words they can go to South Africa and see how it’s done.

INec was a National embarrassment from postponing an election hours to the time to not able to state its core functions and procedure in Court. Atiku’s has not lost bt rather won in showing the weakness of our electoral system and how the INEC chairman is chosen. Nowhere is the sane world are things done this way and it works.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by OlujobaSamuel: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2019
VictorEkwere:
Never you underestimate the big difference that small changes can make. I hate politics but from a distance I know that its wrong for INEC Chairman to be appointed by the president who will also partake in election that Will determine his stay in office thus as long as this process remains we can never have credible election in Nigeria. It may not affect you today but in future you will be judge by your conscience for denying Nigeria a better future.
I kinda disagree with you. INEC chairman is one of the few positions we have that must pass through the council of state. The president has no unilateral decision over him, the only thing a president can do is to frustrate is office by withholding funds.
I think the best option is to make INEC finance lile that of CBN, it should not be within the fg budget but a separate budget prepared and defended by them, then their funding should be on first call basis, they should not be waiting for presidential approval to get their funding.

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:25am On Jul 30, 2019
Dannyset:
grin
Atiku is now a Motivational Speaker. Wetin we no go see!

That is what 'IPOB love' is capable of doing to a once vibrant and confidence laddened man grin
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by preciousosas1(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2019
danot1030:
Atiku is the biggest electoral scam ever emerge in Nigeria politics.

First he propagated the fake server theory just to convinced his gullible supporters that he was rigged, in order to further convinced them he's preaching how stop rigging.

Atiku is frustrated because APC led government succeeded in countering his Dubai electoral manipulation strategies, beside that PDP participated massively in the rigging just that APC out smarted them.

Oga, does that take away the fact that his suggestions are on point? Imagine this same suggestions coming from someone like tinibu, I am very sure all of you'd be hailing him as an icon of democracy. You don't use every medium to attack someone, sometimes, discuss the message and not the messenger
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Difrent: 9:48am On Jul 30, 2019
ikezuora4689:
....I don't need to stand in the sun for hours jst to vote.. .

are you sure of this? our electoral process has greatly improved and its not possible to stay on the line for hours to vote, maybe you stayed back for hours after voting because you wanted to wait for the result......

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by mgh2: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2019
Nhb
Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by danot1030: 11:00am On Jul 30, 2019
preciousosas1:

Oga, does that take away the fact that his suggestions are on point? Imagine this same suggestions coming from someone like tinibu, I am very sure all of you'd be hailing him as an icon of democracy. You don't use every medium to attack someone, sometimes, discuss the message and not the messenger

My point is that Atiku wouldn't have made the proposal if his rigging have paid off he would have celebrated it off.

Was he not the same man that bosted of how they rigged AD and AC to capture the SW, have you ever asked why he never made the proposal before the election?

The reason he's everywhere paining is because he was beaten to his own game not because he has the interest of Nigeria in mind.

1 Like

Re: How To Address Election Rigging In Nigeria – Atiku by Okoroawusa: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2019
simple250:
How did you and OBJ address it during your time tongue
Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Abuja For AU Summit In Ethiopia (Photos) / Ijelespeaks Gets Court Affidavit To Speak Against Nnamdi Kanu - IT IS FINISHED / Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.