Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,083 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. (19254 Views)

How You Can Customize Your First Bank ATM Cards / Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. / UBA Bans The Use Of ATM For Some Transaction Such As Betting And Many Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. by laudate: 12:58am On Jul 31, 2019
lonelydora:
People that do not summon courage to shout in the bank, how do you people do it? The best place to create scene is in the bank.

As long as it's your bank (even if it's not your branch), they have every right to bring it out and give to you.

First Bank got a share of my anger last year with this ATM card issue.
If it happens after closing hours, what will you do? Nothing. The security men do not have the keys to the ATM, so they would not be able to help even if you shout from today till tomorrow.

And if you show up the next working day, the only time they can release that card to you, is if it is your bank's ATM that trapped your card. If it another bank's ATM, forget it. It will not be given back to you because of the CBN directive.
Re: The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. by meetmeonline: 5:21am On Jul 31, 2019
BadAdviser:

Do you live in California?

Dude banks in Nigeria are really mad if you never show them madness they will keep playing you around

Bank mopol has not shined with you before that is why you are writing this. A 3rd party bank no send you (cus they've nothing to lose), they'll call their security and say you are threatening them!

2 Likes

Re: The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. by laudate: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2019
pocohantas:
1. The word is retracted, not retained/swallowed. cheesy

2. Debit card, not "ATM card". After all, you use it on other terminals that are not ATMs.

3. If it is an on-us transaction (your card-your bank), then your bank (irrespective of the branch) should give you your debit card immediately.

4. If it is a remote-on-us transaction (your card- another bank), the other bank owes you nothing. Direct your grievance to CBN.

5. I agree with you, it is a very harsh decision. I wonder what they were thinking, I wonder their reason too. I will ask around.

6. This is 2019, it is not a herculean task to get a debit card. Banks have instant cards, they can even emboss your "guy name" on it for you. grin
The CBN directive was made to prevent fraud, according to them.

If your card is retracted, and some unscrupulous ATM custodian or bank staff gets hold of it before you do, they could get access to your funds and move it from your account without your knowledge. sad

The amount of internal fraud perpetrated by bank staff, have gone up significantly in recent years. undecided It is very sad....
Re: The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. by Alkanoicacid(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
sylve11:

big stress my brother, big stress...................... sad cool
I first thought I saw "big bress my brother, big bress" grin[quote author=sylve11 post=80775249]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Weaker Naira Drives Up Foreign Demand For Local Products / 7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.