Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � (559 Views)

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / Romance Story] Diary Of A Virgin Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � by Donst4life: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, my name is Chinonso, but known as Chynom or @chynom_xo. Am a musician and hustler here in Nigeria and I intend to use this space to write about my journey in the music industry.

Well, I am yet to achieve my aim which is to be a superstar globally, but I'm getting there at my own pace.

I and everyone around me knew I could sing by my second birthday, so I was drafted in to the music department of my church (Cherubim and Seraphim) to play percussion at the age of five.
Many people marvelled at my prowess at the time, being so young. My elder brother had already joined before I did and was playing with the adults already at the time.

Carrying natural dreadlocks (dada) in C&S was such a big at the time, I and my big bro had dreads and were considered special �...
People even rumored that the dreadlocks could be the reason why we could play the percussion well.

Lest I forget, my family can be said to be a home of music. My mum and sisters used to sing in the choir and some still do in their different churches now.

As for me, my life has been all about the music. I can pass an intermediate producer, a very skilled DJ, songwriter and an outrageous vocalist.
Okay enough about myself for now, let's switch to the music...
Re: Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � by Donst4life: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Chapter one

My journey in the industry has not been a smooth one. Building my brand is my major goal, but doing so without the help of the industry's giants has been a hard one; just as every upcoming artiste in Nigeria knows, you have to grease lots of palms to get your content out there.

Well, I decided to enter the industry fully during my NYSC service year. Had written lots of songs during that one year period and was about to pass out from the Corp, when a friend and brother from another mother � (D'joe), who I had discussed venturing into music with some years past linked up via WhatsApp and announced that he was ready to hit the industry.

Just like clock work, we linked up immediately I got back to base the next year and by March 17 of 2018 we dropped our first single titled thunder.
He actually featured me on that one...
Do check it out through the link below:

https://my.notjustok.com/track/322937/d-joe-ft-chynom-xo-thunder
The review was quite okay, you know how it is with first projects. We were low on funds and couldn't push it as far as we wanted.

Though the track received some airplays, it wasn't what I had in mind. We performed at some events for free and some paid too.

Pushing it without a label wasn't funny at all, with OAPs and DJs trying hard to suck us dry through any means necessary. We had to tackle the first challenge of record label by creating ours; Pinnacle Mates Entertainment (PME). Though registration is still in progress.

Then the need for another track arose due to request from the little fan base we had garnered. So we started working on another project, putting the trending tune into consideration, we dropped another single which happened to be my debut single, titled "pray" in which I featured D'joe. Check it out through the link below :

https://tooxclusive.com/song-chynom-pray-ft-djoe/ .

It was really an eventful period after the drop of "pray". Will talk about the experience in the next episode.....
Re: Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � by Donst4life: 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
Chapter two

Hello diary, I want to talk about the "pray" project. Well, it was easier making it since my friend and I had already developed a kinda sync with our producer.

The instrumental was on point, recording was done in one day and everything just came out like I wanted it to.
Immediately we got the track uploaded online, the reception was amazing; with people reaching out to us to tell us how much they loved the song and how it relates to their situations, since the track tells the tales of happenings especially in Africa.

We had some celebrities who reached out to us too about the song, encouraging us to keep bringing real sauce into the game, the shows came in more this time with some paying ample sums for our performances. But as usual, free shows had the upper hand.

Monetary issues arose when our budgeted fund for promotions ran out, then we realized that most of the famzing were fakes... Smh... Naija I hail oo.... It's all about the ego....

Despite the little success of "pray" and requests by fans, we couldn't put out a video since we had already maxed out the budget. ... Still working on putting one out soon anyway.

So far, I have learnt that no matter how much you know about music, your success in naija depends on how much you are ready to invest...

Good night diary...
Re: Diary Of An Upcoming Music Star � by Donst4life: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
Chapter three

Hello diary, good afternoon to whoever is reading today.
"pray" the track airplay has really dropped due to the fact that my partner and I are having financial issues, which is common with upcoming acts without back up from the big industry dogs. But we're pushing anyway.... Never say never.
Still scouting for shows, sponsors and investors. After all, one has got to make a move towards progress..

So, with the shaku, zanku and legwork thingy going on in the industry, I decided to work on a project with same flavour, but with reasonable lyrics,.. Unlike the gibberish we listen to daily... Sometimes I wonder how Nigerian artistes get their inspirations. Because, what is being put out daily in our industry cannot be compared with other industries. Thereby, making it really hard for our artistes to break into the global scene.
Though, some are already doing that; the likes of Burna boy, David, Wizkid and few others. But we embrace their songs readily, not because they are more developed countries. But, for the level of creativity the infuse into their music.

Okay... Enough of the preaching... Well, the title of the project is "higher" and it already promises to be a hit.. you are probably wondering how I know.. Right?..
Well truth be told, I don't . But, there is this feeling that this could be the piece in the puzzle that will make it happen.
It was the same feeling I had when "pray" was still a work in progress... But this time, this feeling is stronger....

Okay, I think this is enough for today..

Endeavor to follow me on my journey to stardom...

Do follow me on IG, Twitter and fb... Co, this promises to be a jolly ride..

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Our Love / How Amaka Disappointed Me (must Read) / The Sins Of The Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.