Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,430 members, 7,917,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors (23531 Views)

Bola Tinubu Visits Borno State / Governor Zulum Visits Ramat Poly, Suspends Management Over School Condition / Governor Zulum Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
dumodust:

My points exactly
Stupid governor playing to gallery
Meanwhile, I am sure the doctors are few, tired, overworked and underpaid.
Sack them already please and find other fresh victims, they don't deserve this

They are paid almost 200k monthly
Borno state had never withheld the salaries of her civil Servants most especially doctors!!
This job the 10 doctors are playing with, there are over 100 cvs of fresh medical graduates at that hospital looking to be employed.
There are also corper doctors during the day.
So I see no reason why they can't handle night shift despite the little traffic at that time.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by spiceadole: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
madridsta007:

A friend stayed in SW London while preparing for her PLAB 2. She had classes at Lewisham.

She’s working for the NHS in Birmingham now. Doing pretty well having left UI.

That's nice.
Well,I had classes at Samson Academy and paid for an accommodation close to the academy
I left Nigeria last week.
Just got an offer in Norwich(NHS).

2 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by madridsta007(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
spiceadole:

That's nice.
Well,I had classes at Samson Academy and paid for an accommodation close to the academy
I left Nigeria last week.
Just got an offer in Norwich(NHS).

Well-done.
I feel guilty. I've facilitated 4 friends in leaving. Well, the asked for my help.
The NHS has seen an excellent pool of resource of already-trained medics to extract from. I am sure the UK policymakers knew it would come to this when they enabled an incompetent Buhari into power. Simulation and modelling scenarios of a failed state is well-documented in literature. The well-trained middle class leave and enrich the West- started with the fall of Nazi Germany when German nuclear scientists were granted stays and citzenship in the US.

They would later help build the first atomic bomb. Enjoy your new home, my friend.
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by 9ja083: 2:00am On Jul 31, 2019
MOVIC6:
What is Nigeria not telling us..
Who are bokoharam
Who are Fulani herdmens gunmen
Who are these bandits
Are the not living among men
Are they spirits

Who are their sponsors?
Our leaders don't want to mention them. They are also afraid of their sponsors too.
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by gbagyiza: 2:55am On Jul 31, 2019
kokomaster3d:
This is pathetic I must say. I salute the Governor for this. He should not forget to sack all the Doctors not present on duty.

I used to tell people that if I become a governor, state workers need to be on their toes. I can't allow this attitude to continue. Before I leave office every civil servant in the state most become vibrant in the discharge of his or her duties. Governor, well done.
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by capitalzero: 6:43am On Jul 31, 2019
People do not understand issue of call duty. call duty is to handle emergency not routine services. Doctors on call duty might pick calls from governors because it is usually nurses on night shift that will call doctors on duty.
Medical system need to abolish call duty. it is a form of slavery. it should be changed to shifts for all health workers on 24/7 services. if you are on a shift, you have no excuse to be absent from duty.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by Chu2k2: 6:57am On Jul 31, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For that patient to even go to a government hospital first instead of going to a private clinic shows that his case is not pathetic enough.

The governor is very wicked,
Why should the doctors be at work when they have their own private clinics; so he wants their private practice to suffer abi?
It's not even as if the government pays them their salaries regularly.
God have mercy on u...
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by skedy1(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2019
That is Borno State we are talking about.

Lives are not safe there.
You know what is affecting that state as a whole
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by Sonia201919: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2019
kokomaster3d:
This is pathetic I must say. I salute the Governor for this. He should not forget to sack all the Doctors not present on duty.

If he sack them, can he get a replacement?
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For that patient to even go to a government hospital first instead of going to a private clinic shows that his case is not pathetic enough.

The governor is very wicked,
Why should the doctors be at work when they have their own private clinics; so he wants their private practice to suffer abi?
It's not even as if the government pays them their salaries regularly.
YOU ARE MORE WICKED THAT HIM.THEY OUGHT TO BE ON DUTY FOR THE NIGHT FAILURE TO BE THERE THE PROF SHOULD DO THE NEEDFUL.SACK ALL OF THEM AND GET FRESH ONES.
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by MOVIC6: 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
9ja083:

Who are their sponsors?
Our leaders don't want to mention them. They are also afraid of their sponsors too.

They know themselves
Re: Governor Zulum Visits Borno Hospitals, No Doctors by Cthaffa(f): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
Don't worry urself am from borno OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ensure You Work As You Dance: Obasanjo Counsels Dance-partner, Gov Adeleke / ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud / Protesters In Support Of Saraki Storm Senate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.