Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,297 members, 7,943,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nigeria Spends N1.95tr Yearly To Run Generators :gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spends N1.95tr Yearly To Run Generators :gej (518 Views)

Boko Haram Spends N2bn Yearly To Sponsor Attacks – UN / Nigeria Spends N4.62 Trillion On Security In 5 Years, Yet Widespread Insecurity / INEC Spends N1, 300 Per Voter Card – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends N1.95tr Yearly To Run Generators :gej by TRUSTEDGUY: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2010
y Elizabeth Archibong

October 15, 2010 04:22AM
Print print Email email Share Share

Nigeria spends about $13 billion (about N1.95 trillion) every year to provide electricity from generators, President Goodluck Jonathan said yesterday in Abuja.

Mr. Jonathan, who was speaking at the presidential retreat for power investors at the presidential villa, observed that even at this rate, less than half the population of the country has access to electricity.

“With a population of more than 140 million people, and as the seventh largest deposits of natural gas, a major fuel for power in the world, we (Nigerians) are ready for business,” the president declared.

Reiterating that Nigeria requires just about $10 billion (N1.5 trillion) per year in investment over the next few years to develop her power generation, distribution, and transmission capacities, the president said the retreat was to gain a better understanding of the investor’s concerns, as well as gain insights from their experiences in other markets “so that we can build a power supply industry that works for all and grows as fast as possible.”
Re: Nigeria Spends N1.95tr Yearly To Run Generators :gej by Gabrell: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2010
What the president said was nothing but the truth; but I must tell you there are other alternatives
to choose from and you won't be paying money to PHCN purse anymore. You don't even need diesel,
fuel, kerosene or water to run it successfully.

Visit www.alternativepowergenerators..com
Re: Nigeria Spends N1.95tr Yearly To Run Generators :gej by DapoBear(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2010
This is the most depressing thing on the faith of the earth, and why I have no faith in Nigeria as a state. Electricity! Basic, simple electricity! Something that has been around for 100+ years, yet still does not exist in the God-forsaken land of Nigeria. When I was a little kid, there was no power in Nigeria. Now I'm in my 20s, still no power. What sort of terrible country doesn't have something as basic as electricity? It boggles my mind.

"Ready for business", indeed. Stop talking and get to WORK, Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

We'll Resist Olurin/obasanjo-bello Ticket -ogun Pdp / Jonathan Is All About South-south Agenda And Not Interested In National Interest / Sss Arrests Suspected Abuja Oct 1 Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.