Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:13 AM

Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration (14415 Views)

Google Adsense: Invalid Traffic Concerns. Help (photo) / Does Anyone Offer Monthly Hosting And Domain Name Registration / How To Get A Free .COM Domain Name Registration For Life Without Paying A Dime. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by donestk(m): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2019
Just launched errands.ng
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by TSRC: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2019
Nigerians love foreign things.
That is why they pursue NEBOSH when we have ispon.

If you know, you know.
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by CoolVoice(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2019
Pabuchi:
Fvck .ng,
.com passengers de pay with PayPal or paystack but you are all these .ng passengers na pay on delivery them sabi, some go even carry you product run sef

You're not enlightened. When you don't know about something.. you just shut up.. you jus spew nonsense
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by CoolVoice(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2019
nauto10:
Why did they make the price high. .ng for 12k while we get .com at 4k or less.

.ng should be 500 or 1000 if they want people to promote the extension for them.

I cant buy .ng at High price and still suffer to promote it.

Believe me everybody like .com

You're absolutely correct. It's too pricey.. it was supposed to be free when it was launched for at least a year. So brands and individuals can quickly adopt it. I just believed they don't know what they are doing.
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Pabuchi: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2019
CoolVoice:

You're not enlightened. When you don't know about something.. you just shut up.. you jus spew nonsense
Fvck you too, wetin concern you Amebo.com.ng
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Bless94(f): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2019
.ng is costly bring it down see if Nigerians won't patronize
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by CoolVoice(m): 8:51am On Aug 01, 2019
Pabuchi:

Fvck you too, wetin concern you Amebo.com.ng

Thanks for confirming my point. grin grin grin
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Pabuchi: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2019
CoolVoice:

Thanks for confirming my point. grin grin grin
You made no point Sabina, You had a low IQ to understand what I meant but it's non of my business Mr ITK. Mind your business.com.ng
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Realbarc: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2019
SoupNazi:

Alagba, what is the difference between .ng and .com.ng ?

A .Ng domain is second level domain while .com.ng is third level. It is in the technicality not the pricing
The pricing comes in because .Ng is a brand while .com.ng is a derivative of the brand.

There are others like
Gov.ng /belonging to the goverment and it is restricted.
edu.ng[ for registered educational institution and restricted.
Unrestricted ones are .Names.ng. .sch.ng. .com.ng etc
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Realbarc: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2019
dontro:
How is .com USA?
Who owns .us then?

.com .net .org . Edu is not owned by anybody or any country. It was the original set up right from inception

They were maintained for a token fee by the US gov till some years back when other conutries China, russian began to feel that this had to change. IANA had to be formed.

Cctld i.e country code TLDs are comercilised becos it is a brand and also define the country cyperspace just like 234 define our telecommunication space.

You can see why .com is cheap.. it does not belong to anyone and it is maintained but the cctld are bought.

Just imagine your +234 cc not be maintained by your country cos you could not afford it.
So the clarion call to support the
Ng ... I guess that is why NiRa is complaining so that the more the merrier
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2019
alienvirus:
We are Nigerians.

I'm very proud of my identity.

Everything about Nigeria is beautiful. The national flag, the coat of arms, country landscape and the people.

We live a communal life. Good people. Great nation. Bad leadership.

.ng is my identity in the international cyberspace.
does that change any of the ugly features the country has been nurturing since time immemorial?

What has mere words ever changed in this hell of a country?

Are local products not suppose to be cheaper? but in our case is even more costly as compared to foreign ones, and the country expect patronage. How can an infant industry increase its price above the market price and expect to increase sales and make profit even at a below standard products?

Again, indigenes are suppose to enjoy high quality of service and product, but it is the other way round in Nigeria as well as most African countries. And they expect patronage?

A business with the primary aim of making profit at the expense of quality will never stand the test of time.

Imagin, instead of them trying to be innovative they are here complaining and pleading for patronage. Has that ever expand any business.

While i will agree that charity begins at home, the home still has to be charity worthy.

A country where government frustrate the citizens or citizens frustrate government, cannot grow and develope and will always lack patronage from both the government and citizens as Nigeria actively symbolized.

Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by alienvirus: 9:27am On Aug 01, 2019
kingy1:
does that change any of the ugly features the country has been nurturing since time immemorial?

What has mere words ever changed in this hell of a country?

Are local products not suppose to be cheaper, but in the our case is even more costly as compared to foreign ones, and the country expect patronage. Again, indigenes are suppose to enjoy high quality of service and product, but it is the other way round. How can an infant industry increase its price above the market price and expect to increase sales and make profit even at a below standard products? Imagin, instead of them trying to be innovative they are here complaining and pleading for patronage. Has that ever expand businesses.

While i will agree that charity begins at home, the home still has to be charity worthy.

A country where government frustrate the citizens or citizens frustrate government, cannot grow and develope and will always lack patronage from both the government and citizens as Nigeria actively symbolized.

With all that. I love my country. We are only infested with bad leadership.
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by ghettowriter(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Anyone in kano, I need a job please...thanks

What kind of work do you need?
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by chuka5000(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Anyone in kano, I need a job please...thanks

u will get. just keep on keeping on, been seeing ur ads,
Good will intervene
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by acounter2(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2019
Lovelyn451:
I stay in sabon gari
OK check ur mail msg
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by kalex55: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2019
Afam4eva:
Why won't there be low patronage when it's ridiculously expensive. Why buy a .NG for 15k when you can get a .COM or even .COM.NG.

i will registered .bf for Biafra when the time comes. but meanwhile i stay with .il for Israel.

Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by CoolVoice(m): 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
Pabuchi:

You made no point Sabina, You had a low IQ to understand what I meant but it's non of my business Mr ITK. Mind your business.com.ng

Uncle High IQ but a High-Class No Brainer grin grin
Re: Concerns Mount Over Africa’s Domain Name Registration by wisdomkid: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
Lol, buy .com.ng and one fk complain, it will be taken down..
NO discussion, no nothing.

Nigeria, is not ready for business.

Talking about hosting? grin grin grin 1k visitors and host is down for 4 years?
We should just focus on fuel money now, When Nigeria is ready for business, they should copy from the white man.

What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php / 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year / A Thread For Newbie Blogger Bloggers: Post Your Problems And Get Solutions Here.