Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,232 members, 7,880,882 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil (45250 Views)

Nasarawa Government Used Picture From Brazil To Depict Status Of Its Road / Manu Soro: Over 10 Persons Have Been Killed By Stray Cows From Bauchi Market / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by Dmano: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
iloveyou82:
udom is worst than cow.
How can you import what we have in abundance in this country.
what do you actually have in this your country ,or have you not heard that it is a special breed cow?
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
ifiokjohn:
Make the bastard terrorist do am na, wetin concern us?
We no go still agree for Ruga. Lol
Breed which cows successfully?
Didn't you see in the write up it is not pure Govt initiative but in conjunction with Investors?

We can even bring people from Brazil to come and manage the place if we like so just stfu

These one you keep using "WE" as if say the master plan of the ranch is in your hands ....make me wonder if you're comedian ... the reality go soon jam una

1 Like

Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by ifiokjohn(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2019
ericsmith:

These one you keep using "WE" as if say the master plan of the ranch is in your hands ....make me wonder if you're comedian ... the reality go soon jam una
I'm an Akwa ibomite, so me using the 'We' is cause of that.

And no reality can hit us.. We are creating the state of our dreams that won't need to buy cows from fulanis cause we rear ours
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2019
Quorax:
grin grin grin grin na my trade mark b that. Ask codetemplar lipsrsealed

Sorry bro... no vex... me sef I be mumu tongue

Lol
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by CodeTemplar: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Lol
Hmmm
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by vivipink(f): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Kai 2,000 cattle from Brazil

Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by tsdarkside(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2019
Davash222:

E no get wetin we no go import for this country. I heard we import pot of soups from China.. please help me confirm.

dont mind them....buy cows from north and domesticate them to your needs is rocket science to them....

look how far their hate for their neighbors has brought them....

nawa..
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by AreaFada2: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
doyinbaby:
enough cow dey always ibom
Tor!

I wonder what happened to the cattle at OBUDU ranch. Are they not acclimatized to Nigeria since?
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by Tumbulum: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
modsfucker:

Lolz... Let me Reiterate this... Fulanis have no business restrictions across the African continent. We are not restricted to Nigeria... Fulanis view themselves as one all over the world. We transact more outside the shores of Nigeria than we do inside.

I pray you succeed on your newfound cattle rearing business so we can have the prices of cows skyrocket. When that happens, we'll see more Southerners knocking on our doors begging to buy competitively cheap cows. We take animal rearing as a way of life more than a business and no Southerner can do that and still sell at even twice our prices.
why is it that you Fulani's do not want to buy a piece of land and ranch your dear cows.
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by yofixiyi: 7:54am On May 07, 2020
grin
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by ysth(m): 8:57am On May 07, 2020
Palm fruit was exported from Nigeria to Malaysia. Look them now. So whats wrong if Akwa Ibom having gone through various delibration decide to import cattle from Brazil?
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by ysth(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2020
It makes economic sense if you have a better yielding breed of same animal in the market, it drives down prices and brings about competition. Moreover the brazilian cattle will be reared in a ranch for milk and meat, i mean high yield.
Re: RUGA, Ranching: Akwa Ibom State Government Imports 2000 Cows From Brazil by Ituku4040: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
ikorodureporta:
By Harris Emmanuel

The Akwa Ibom State Government has said that it had imported 2,000 cattle from Brazil as part of efforts to produce sufficient meats with a view to increasing protein intake for people of the state.

It added that the development is also aimed at ensuring food sustainability in the oil rich state.

State Commissioner for Information, Charles Udoh stated this while interacting with newsmen in Uyo. He added that the state government had adopted a holistic agriculture plans on food security.

He said: “The ranch was established in conjunction with foreign investors. The cattle have been quarantined. You know in the heat of the election, nobody wanted to venture into that ranch. And in the heat of that too, the Commissioner for Agriculture lost his seat.

“The reason we quarantined the cattle was that, first we needed to inoculate them. What I mean by quarantined is that we needed to get them acclimatised to the weather and prepare them for the long trip across the Atlantic Ocean.

“While we quarantined and inoculated them, we tried to get some pregnant because it is a long journey and some could die on the way. These are rare breed of cattle that can produce milk and meat at the same time. We are expecting 2,000.”

source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/ranching-akwa-ibom-imports-2000-cattle-from-brazil/

We may ask awka ibom government
Where are the 2000 cows

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Aisha Yesufu Slams Goodluck Jonathan / PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku Gets 371 Votes, Wike Gets 231 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.