Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Should I Quit My Job Or Not? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (35638 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by pocohantas(f): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2019
No bank will pay a PA or any staff below the minimum wage of N18,000.

Maybe OP was employed personally by the man. The man pays him from his own pocket. He is definitely not a STAFF of the bank.

That said, it is your choice to quit.

Some of you just want the glitz and glam associated with banking. So much that you are ready to settle as cleaners in a bank, even with your BSc, just to work inside bank.

That is why I do not pity lots of you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by goshen26: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Sand supply to building sites. Started this with 5k

I need clue
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by philip0906(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay with my parent. The money don't even take me through the month
Of course 11k can't take you through the month even if you're eating free food & staying with your parents...If it is affecting your mental well being and your sanity and/or making you collect loans just to survive, quit...else you can hang on pending when you get a better job
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2019
Doktajay5:

U just unveiled ur ignorance to the world...

Anyway dumb ass can only give advice that shows what fibrous tissue a brain they have... Just feel ur self shaa..

But for the records dude is not employed in the 1st place if u don't know.. He only distracted his brain with 11k per month. And that u considered 11k per month anything that is worth such person's time a month instead of sitting back and concentrating on spending that wasted energy on a better hunt or another thing, says alot about u...

So obviously for u it must be a job, and that of 11k... #smh.. For 1 who thinks like u, sorry ur dollar story is for ur villagers, u r poor in mind... Enjoy ur ignorance and unlearn that shit in ur mind that no body hires who's not employed....
yea I should have known it will get to this. That's what you when you engage uneducated lunatics. Apologies.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Funkybabee(f): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2019
what a country! a whole graduates and apart treating their lowstaff like a lowborn.

It's not their faults

you can contact me for your cakes guys!

support a sister biko this economy don't let money to reach hand
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2019
XTHRONE:

But Remember they promised him an increase. Again like you said ,it depends on what he does for them or terms of contract, whatsoever its I will advice him to quit the job, it is a wasting of time no matter how anybody sees it. Time waits for no man.
quit the job and do what exactly? How many birds in the bush does a bird at hand worth more than? Can you remember?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Funkybabee(f): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2019
DrObiHogan:
quit the job and do what exactly? How many birds in the bush does a bird at hand worth more than? Can you remember?

let me tell you fact abt life, if u don't keave something, u can't gaing something though it might takes some times but with prayer and searching. he will surely find the best. what he just need is to be telling people that he need another job if at all there might be an opportunity or should he still continue until he's despressed

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2019
pocohantas:
No bank will pay a PA or any staff below the minimum wage of N18,000.

Maybe OP was employed personally by the man. The man pays him from his own pocket. He is definitely not a STAFF of the bank.

That said, it is your choice to quit.

this happens more often than you think. an oga personally employs a person, usually with the underlying message that if there is an opening in the company , you get first dibs.everyone outside the department thinks the guy is full time employee. i know people who got jobs like that. problem is that it can also go the other way. we had a cad guy who died in 2007 or so. the guy had been forming full staff upandan while it was oga paying him. that was how his family came for insurance money and it became a mess. his extended family were all like na oil company , million, million millions etc. in the end the company sha paid them something to shut them up. and oga faced disciplinary committee. after that no more corner corner job for anybody.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by pocohantas(f): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2019
ornicus:

this happens more often than you think. an oga personally employs a person, usually with the underlying message that if there is an opening in the company , you get first dibs.everyone outside the department thinks the guy is full time employee. i know people who got jobs like that. problem is that it can also go the other way. we had a cad guy who died in 2007 or so. the guy had been forming full staff upandan while it was oga paying him. that was how his family came for insurance money and it became a mess. his extended family were all like na oil company , million, million millions etc. in the end the company sha paid them something to shut them up. and oga faced disciplinary committee. after that no more corner corner job for anybody.

My point exactly.

He is everything but a staff and he knows it. So, he shouldn't create the impression that he works FOR a bank.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by BIXYBABE: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2019
philip0906:

You're earning 8K monthly? shocked Does it exclude other add-ons like feeding, allowance, transport or..?
including it, just dat i stay wit a friend...
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by philip0906(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2019
BIXYBABE:
including it, just dat i stay wit a friend...
oops!

Nawa oh...God bless your hustle. Feels crazy hearing suff like this, I resigned from a job that payed me x20 of that few years back because it was small for me...Feels weird to hear people earning this

God bless your hustle mehn...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by despam(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay in akwa ibom, getting a teaching job that pays to that amount is not easy

Can you work in a poultry farm in Akwa Ibom? I will hire you.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by uvie66: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I could've posted in the job section but I was denied access.

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Pls nairalanders should I quit this draining job or should I continue?
Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

Pls I need ur candid advise here cos I'm so confused
is this per week or daily ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by DonX001: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2019
ACE1010:
I don't think you're working oo. You're selling guguru and epa grin grin grin
Even guguru and epa sellers earn more than that in a month!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Doktajay5: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2019
DrObiHogan:
yea I should have known it will get to this. That's what you when you engage uneducated lunatics. Apologies.

lol...sorry, u may need to engage decently and respectfully next time ok.
u have no monopoly of insults OK. u r never as smart as i ve evidently been, at least not with this ur line of thought on this issue.
so to say i am not smart is considered an insult which should get u what ever u perceived up there ok.
BTW, u r lucky though hahahaha.
ok bye
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by comtem2011: 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
XTHRONE:

Chil, he may be saying the truth,A lady once told me she works with a primary school that pays her 5000,I was like WTF.
I have seen one self.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by XTHRONE(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2019
comtem2011:
I have seen one self.

That's too bad, and someone will say a bird in hand is worth more than that on bush, what if the bird in hand is a vulture or one ugly useless bird
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by XTHRONE(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
DrObiHogan:

What if, just what if the bird at hand is a vulture, or one useless ugly bird...while there are many better off in the bush.

I want to tell u this, don't forget this, always remember

FEAR IS THE ENEMY...

I have walked away from a teaching job of 28000 with yearly 4000 increase with no plan B, because I saw no future in the job, I just did the teaching for 3yrs and walked away and today I am happy that I left. One thing about this time consuming, energy draining jobs is that, at the end of the day it will useless u, drain u, put fear in u ,when u eventually get sacked at old age u will be left with nothing, staying on the job with the mindset of looking for another one, bro employers this days are wicked ,they will monitor ur every f...ing move, in that my school, they made it a law that u will leave by 4pm. Come by 7 , leave by 4pm...fear is the enemy.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by comtem2011: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
tojahh:

I vehemently agreed with that of a primary school for obvious reason no be bank na. Haba mana!?!

A bank that can engage the services of an Area Manager and decided to share his workload with a PA can never be petty! Security (Not police o) in a bank don't earn 11k. Cleaners without even primary 6 don't earn such. We know Nigeria is messed up but bros, I swear this baba dey lie! Unless he is not saying what he does and terms of contract.
A Bank cannot have just one branch and have an Area Manager. So its definitely not a chewing gum something (pun intended).
To me, it's not the bank that hired him but the Area Manager paying him from his personal pocket, that's the reason for the meagre amount.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by comtem2011: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
XTHRONE:

That's too bad, and someone will say a bird in hand is worth more than that on bush, what if the bird in hand is a vulture or one ugly useless bird
To make the matter worse, he won't have time to search for other job. Even my boss' driver is paid 42k without qualification, I wonder why some people don't have conscience and they always see it as if they are helping you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by ACE1010: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
DonX001:

Even guguru and epa sellers earn more than that in a month!

Surely

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by XTHRONE(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2019
comtem2011:
To make the matter worse, he won't have time to search for other job. Even my boss' driver is paid 42k without qualification, I wonder why some people don't have conscience and they always see it as if they are helping you.

Thank you. The problem with some people is FEAR, just fear.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by bizza45: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

If ure in portharcourt will give u physical audience

am interested I that stuff and am in pH .. how we go take c abeg
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by castro316: 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
blissgregory:
Quit

Lies. Nobody working in a bank earns less than N18000. Even cleaners earn N20000

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
lollybizzu:

Filling station whaaaat? shocked

Forget those people, when you buy fuel in kegs, they take N50, multiply this by 200 a day, that's N1000, at least they work 25 days a month if not more, then add this to their salaries.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Sweetmaama(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I don't stay there, I need to do something
.i am in PH and i will be glad if you can tell me more about the sand supply
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Doktajay5: 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
XTHRONE:

What if, just what if the bird at hand is a vulture, or one useless ugly bird...while there are many better off in the bush.

I want to tell u this, don't forget this, always remember

FEAR IS THE ENEMY...

I have walked away from a teaching job of 28000 with yearly 4000 increase with no plan B, because I saw no future in the job, I just did the teaching for 3yrs and walked away and today I am happy that I left. One thing about this time consuming, energy draining jobs is that, at the end of the day it will useless u, drain u, put fear in u ,when u eventually get sacked at old age u will be left with nothing, staying on the job with the mindset of looking for another one, bro employers this days are wicked ,they will monitor ur every f...ing move, in that my school, they made it a law that u will leave by 4pm. Come by 7 , leave by 4pm...fear is the enemy.

Very valid point u've raised here. Please Don't mind that guy... I am tired of educating him.... Fear is his problem.. To think he considers 11k a money to hold onto than nothing is really aching, as if the 11k is anything already.

His transport and feeding in a month is never from this 11k....I'll bet anything... So he can cope with his transportation and feeding money coming from were ever while he hunts more serious for something am sure will definitely be better than this...

But Mr 1k dollars lol, will not review his stand and yield to a superior argument.... Anyway.. Please don't mind
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Unie30: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2019
11k chai!
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Celebsnews: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
Bros, which skill please?
DrObiHogan:

This will be my last input on this. You're talking about a skill you know nothing of. He said he has a job in a bank and pay is low. He didn't mention any skill and if he does have a skill for example, do you think skills perform magic? What if he has no marketable skills that can make him a lean entrepreneur, will you suggest he quit the 11k job and start learning some skills now? You are hell bent in telling him to quit today and wake up on Monday then stroll along the streets looking for job. Do you know what he will meet? Frustration upon frustration because nobody hires an unemployed person and to make it worse in a bank, you had a job and you quit and became unemployed, only divine can get you another job. You see you're not a smart person. Nobody will give him any 11k at the end of 30 days if he quits this job. I know it's hard for u to understand but inside life na pot of beans. Pls skills don't perform magic. I acquired a skill in my 4th year in uni and I could make 10$ a month sometimes 30$, 50$. I kept on growing and improving. After my 7th yr and graduation my skills started earning above 1000$ a month. Now I'm supposed to find a job and be working but I've sharpened my skills in proficiency and its cool.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by 11thGoldTREE: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
Ify15:
I am in the same boat.To think it's Lagos.
I got fed up and it was even affecting my health.As young as I am,I was having bp issues. I had to resign sharp sharp to get myself back.Before I die on the job.
hahhah you resign? Instead of you to run and never look back lol

I pray you get a better job soon. Remember to quote me sha when you do. Stay blessed
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by madridsta007(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I could've posted in the job section but I was denied access.

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Pls nairalanders should I quit this draining job or should I continue?
Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

Pls I need ur candid advise here cos I'm so confused

Put in your best at work. I mean your VERY, VERY, BEST.
Go over-the-top. Exceed targets. Smile. Say "thank you". Offer to do things more than you've been asked.
Be proactive and take the initiative to develop tasks, future frameworks, etc. Be respectful. Come very early to work. Close late. Do these continously for a full month. I would normally advise to do this for 3 full months.

And then, at the end of the month, tender your resignation. smiley
They will make you a better offer, most likely. Then make your decision.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by webcoach247(m): 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerians are not taking advantage of Online Money, you can be at home make money and enjoy your life, i swear if you join this WhatsApp group you will learn cpa marketing properly and with free traffic and you can start earning at least more than $20 daily which is like 7k daily in Nigeria, people in the group are people making it from cpa marketing and willing to help you out, the main reason they will be willing to help you out is because any 3 of the group member that’s most interactive and helpful for the month receives 100k each and it happens every month with the money which is gotten from their 2k monthly recurring payment for the group and the benefit is far more than that, i got my Free Traffic Method for cpa changing source codes from this same group, you can see the group’s Logo and WhatsApp number on their logo below, thank me later, blessings!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Rescued From 150 Ft Deep Well In Igando (Photo) / Economic Hardship: Wema Bank Announces Salary Increment For Staff / Is This True About Salaries In The UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.