Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,715 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

The Masses Love Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Masses Love Ibb (932 Views)

Watch This Emotional Video Showing How Much The Masses Love And Want Governor Ny / (photo) Alao Akala Proves He Is The Man Of The Masses, Symbol Of Peace / IBB, OBJ Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Masses Love Ibb by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2010
By Segun Balogun

October 16, 2010 03:00AM
Print print Email email Share Share

Your main task is to convince the people of Lagos to vote IBB in as next president of Nigeria. What do you have to tell them now?

Even though it is always very difficult for people to seek the truth objectively, I will simply tell them to know the truth because the day we start the quest of pursuing the truth, we start to liberate ourselves and our nation.

IBB ruled this country for eight years during which he put up institutions on which successive administrations are building. We had Kaduna, Warri, and Port Harcourt refineries under him but now, we are importing fuel. Why didn't IBB import fuel? Is it possible to think of Lagos without the Third Mainland Bridge?

All these were done when crude oil sold for low prices; but what did Obasanjo do when crude oil prices skyrocketed? And you think we can just use one June 12 issue to blanket all these achievements?

The major dams giving us electricity, NAFCON, Eleme Pretochemicals, 1004 Estates, NDIC, NBC, there were so many things he did to ensure the system was working. He established Federal Environmental Protection Agency, National Housing Policy, Directorate for Food Road Rural Infrastructure, an organisation that constructed roads to villages and connected the villages to the national grid.

I am a product of Mass Mobilisation for Self Reliance and Economic Recovery (MAMSER) but today, we have graduates roaming the streets without jobs. MAMSER gave the youth hope, but which hope has any government given the Nigerian youth apart from propaganda against IBB?

The problem is that young Nigerians who do not know IBB while in power are fed with wrong information about a man who did so much for them. Primary healthcare, which many Nigerians benefitted from, was established under him. He created 11 states, 200 local government areas, and eight federal universities.

How many federal universities have been established since IBB left office? IBB spent eight years with lesser money than Obasanjo's eight years. Murtala spent six months in power and created an impact. What impact has President Goodluck created since he got there? IBB represents Nigeria's interest more than any of them.

Was the annulment of June 12 elections in the best interest of Nigeria?

Being a Yoruba man, I'm aware that the southwest did not support Abiola. Then it is believed that Abiola was also against Awolowo, who cursed him.

Are you saying June 12 annulment is a jinx?

If God has not installed anybody a leader, nobody can. Also, the annulment was done by the Supreme Military Council. It's not just Babangida alone. There were lots of people behind him with guns. Nobody prays to have a military government. But all that is history now; we must not throw away the baby with the bath water.

He was fond of incarcerating Gani Fawehinmi. In fact, many believe Gani contracted cancer due to the frequent incarcerations. Do you think lovers of Gani will accept IBB's candidacy?

Obasanjo also went to jail and he didn't get cancer. That aside, Babangida was a military ruler. Nobody vote them into power and that is why they are called Armed Forces. Again, it's a military decision then and he will not operate the same under democracy. Many of us don't understand how the military operate; they take issue of security and order very serious.

So, I won't want to dabble into what I don't understand. All I know is that it's a military decision, good or bad. You can't challenge a military ruler for taking bad decision because he didn't get your permission to be there. Let us leave military out of this, we are no more running a military government.

In Lagos, Babangida is not a popular candidate yet. If you add that to the fact that he is contesting on the platform of a party (PDP) considered non-progressive, what do you have?

It is not the public that do not like IBB, it is a few powerful people who have benefitted from government over the years. They have taken advantage of the media to drown his achievements. There is no local government area in Nigeria where IBB has not empowered somebody.

We should not get involved with those powerful people who have issues with Babangida and are luring the Nigerian masses to fight one man that has done no evil against them.

Nigeria's corruption rating went up during Babangida's period and we have been battling that till now. Can he deal with it if he gets elected?

Well, corruption has had its roots even before IBB came in, else Fela wouldn't have sang some of his lyrics when Shagari was in power. But he certainly will do something about corruption. Fela told us also that Obasanjo has corruption cases to answer, yet he established EFCC.

What did you say when Obasanjo sought your mandate, did you question him? You see, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Apart from propaganda, I don't think IBB has done anything deserving corruption charges.

He allowed, for the first time in Nigeria's history, women and youth to express themselves. You don't want to give him credit for the good things he did, you only want to talk about the wrong. Babangida is not God; he is prone to errors.

Would you say because we are human, we allow errors that are costly to the nation?

What about the errors of other presidents? I have not seen others criticised as IBB, and the man takes them. There are presidents that if you criticise them, you will be in trouble. If truly Nigerians are not happy with Obasanjo, then they should have objected when he brought out Jonathan.

But was it not the late President Yar'Adua that chose Jonathan as his running mate?

No, it wasn't Yar'Adua. Let's be honest now. It was all Obasanjo's plan. Nigerians must know the truth. We shouldn't mislead people. IBB gets criticised, but people kept silent about other leaders whose records are not as good as IBB. Why?

But IBB has not answered the questions people are asking about why he chose not to appear before Oputa Panel and what he did with the Gulf War oil windfall.

Was Oputa panel set up to find out the truth or to witch-hunt? What came out of the report after it was submitted? The motive behind that panel was for a purpose; has that purpose been achieved? It was modelled after the truth and reconciliation panel (in South Africa), but what has been reconciled?

About the oil windfall, you have seen what IBB did with the money. I just showed you a list of all his achievements which no other president has matched.

What about the statement he made about Nigerian youth?

The only statement I've heard Babangida made is his belief in the Nigerian youth. His campaign organisation is predominantly run by the Nigerian youth.

All some people are after now is just to fight Babangida to a standstill, irrespective of whether people are dying of hunger. We should check the good and the bad things he has done. If the good is not acceptable, we stay away; but if yes, we draw him closer.

In the international community, do you think he has an acceptable personality that can push Nigeria's good, considering that young leaders are springing up?

Everybody knows IBB is respected globally. He is no pushover and can stand against any leader anywhere in the world. I'm proud to know somebody with such a wonderful personality.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5630780-146/story.csp
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2010
Rubbish. Waste of bandwith. angry
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Solomon227(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2010
ferari90:

By Segun Balogun

Your main task is to convince the people of Lagos to vote IBB in as next president of Nigeria. What do you have to tell them now?

Even though it is always very difficult for people to seek the truth objectively, I will simply tell them to know the truth because the day we start the quest of pursuing the truth, we start to liberate ourselves and our nation.

IBB ruled this country for eight years during which he put up institutions on which successive administrations are building. We had Kaduna, Warri, and Port Harcourt refineries under him but now, we are importing fuel. Why didn't IBB import fuel? Is it possible to think of Lagos without the Third Mainland Bridge?

All these were done when crude oil sold for low prices; but what did Obasanjo do when crude oil prices skyrocketed? And you think we can just use one June 12 issue to blanket all these achievements?

The major dams giving us electricity, NAFCON, Eleme Pretochemicals, 1004 Estates, NDIC, NBC, there were so many things he did to ensure the system was working. He established Federal Environmental Protection Agency, National Housing Policy, Directorate for Food Road Rural Infrastructure, an organisation that constructed roads to villages and connected the villages to the national grid.

I am a product of Mass Mobilisation for Self Reliance and Economic Recovery (MAMSER) but today, we have graduates roaming the streets without jobs. MAMSER gave the youth hope, but which hope has any government given the Nigerian youth apart from propaganda against IBB?

The problem is that young Nigerians who do not know IBB while in power are fed with wrong information about a man who did so much for them. Primary healthcare, which many Nigerians benefitted from, was established under him. He created 11 states, 200 local government areas, and eight federal universities.

How many federal universities have been established since IBB left office? IBB spent eight years with lesser money than Obasanjo's eight years. Murtala spent six months in power and created an impact. What impact has President Goodluck created since he got there? IBB represents Nigeria's interest more than any of them.

Being a Yoruba man, I'm aware that the southwest did not support Abiola. Then it is believed that Abiola was also against Awolowo, who cursed him.

If God has not installed anybody a leader, nobody can. Also, the annulment was done by the Supreme Military Council. It's not just Babangida alone. There were lots of people behind him with guns. Nobody prays to have a military government. But all that is history now; we must not throw away the baby with the bath water.

He was fond of incarcerating Gani Fawehinmi. In fact, many believe Gani contracted cancer due to the frequent incarcerations. Do you think lovers of Gani will accept IBB's candidacy?

Obasanjo also went to jail and he didn't get cancer. That aside, Babangida was a military ruler. Nobody vote them into power and that is why they are called Armed Forces. Again, it's a military decision then and he will not operate the same under democracy. Many of us don't understand how the military operate; they take issue of security and order very serious.

So, I won't want to dabble into what I don't understand. All I know is that it's a military decision, good or bad. You can't challenge a military ruler for taking bad decision because he didn't get your permission to be there. Let us leave military out of this, we are no more running a military government.

In Lagos, Babangida is not a popular candidate yet. If you add that to the fact that he is contesting on the platform of a party (PDP) considered non-progressive, what do you have?

It is not the public that do not like IBB, it is a few powerful people who have benefitted from government over the years. They have taken advantage of the media to drown his achievements. There is no local government area in Nigeria where IBB has not empowered somebody.

We should not get involved with those powerful people who have issues with Babangida and are luring the Nigerian masses to fight one man that has done no evil against them.

Nigeria's corruption rating went up during Babangida's period and we have been battling that till now. Can he deal with it if he gets elected?

Well, corruption has had its roots even before IBB came in, else Fela wouldn't have sang some of his lyrics when Shagari was in power. But he certainly will do something about corruption. Fela told us also that Obasanjo has corruption cases to answer, yet he established EFCC.

What did you say when Obasanjo sought your mandate, did you question him? You see, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Apart from propaganda, I don't think IBB has done anything deserving corruption charges.

He allowed, for the first time in Nigeria's history, women and youth to express themselves. You don't want to give him credit for the good things he did, you only want to talk about the wrong. Babangida is not God; he is prone to errors.

Would you say because we are human, we allow errors that are costly to the nation?

What about the errors of other presidents? I have not seen others criticised as IBB, and the man takes them. There are presidents that if you criticise them, you will be in trouble. If truly Nigerians are not happy with Obasanjo, then they should have objected when he brought out Jonathan.

But was it not the late President Yar'Adua that chose Jonathan as his running mate?

No, it wasn't Yar'Adua. Let's be honest now. It was all Obasanjo's plan. Nigerians must know the truth. We shouldn't mislead people. IBB gets criticised, but people kept silent about other leaders whose records are not as good as IBB. Why?

But IBB has not answered the questions people are asking about why he chose not to appear before Oputa Panel and what he did with the Gulf War oil windfall.

Was Oputa panel set up to find out the truth or to witch-hunt? What came out of the report after it was submitted? The motive behind that panel was for a purpose; has that purpose been achieved? It was modelled after the truth and reconciliation panel (in South Africa), but what has been reconciled?

About the oil windfall, you have seen what IBB did with the money. I just showed you a list of all his achievements which no other president has matched.

The only statement I've heard Babangida made is his belief in the Nigerian youth. His campaign organisation is predominantly run by the Nigerian youth.

All some people are after now is just to fight Babangida to a standstill, irrespective of whether people are dying of hunger. We should check the good and the bad things he has done. If the good is not acceptable, we stay away; but if yes, we draw him closer.

In the international community, do you think he has an acceptable personality that can push Nigeria's good, considering that young leaders are springing up?

Everybody knows IBB is respected globally. He is no pushover and can stand against any leader anywhere in the world. I'm proud to know somebody with such a wonderful personality.

Ferari why have u chosen to b a perpetual failure? U are so dull and stupid to see we av long taken our stand on IBB. IBB himself has been told by the so called Northern wise-men (he relies so much on) dat Gauso will b d man if there is going to b any concession at all. IBB people know how unsellable he is, even to d Northerners not to talk of the well-educated Southerners who know a vote for IBB is :an elevation of Lucifa in our hearts, a retrogression to stone age, an invitation to oppression, grand looting and steady killing of friends, opponents, step-sons, and any potential brilliants minds.
We understand d obvious Waterloo of IBB will take yor means of livelihood away but why not hug a transformer or take a dive into d Lagos lagoon. Dat way u wont feel any pains. Trust me it works, u can even advise yor master to do dsame after he must have been 'schemed out' by GEJ.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by hakanai(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2010
ok,then no need to campaign. grin grin
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by adultebony(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
How much were you paid to vomit this BS? Bloody fool
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by icare1: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2010
every one have a choice on who they like and must be respected , like right to religion.
if you dislike or hate then its your personal headache , nobody's. God loves a criminal yet he cannt be questioned.
if this ibb is soooooooo wicked , it does not mean any one is better.
for those that continue to cherish him they have every rigght to.
if IBB chose to contest, he has not commited any offence.
if is atrocities is so grave then only God can judge him no man can.
IBB this IBB that - how as that solved Nigeria's problem
Nigerian's must stop the perception that a particular sin is weghtier than the other.
He who is without sin should cast the first stone.

if you don't want IBB as president then don't vote for him instead of engaging in slander that also makes a man equal with his offender.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2010
i care:

every one have a choice on who they like and must be respected , like right to religion.
if you dislike or hate then its your personal headache , nobody's. God loves a criminal yet he cannt be questioned.
if this ibb is soooooooo wicked , it does not mean any one is better.
for those that continue to cherish him they have every rigght to.
if IBB chose to contest, he has not commited any offence.
if is atrocities is so grave then only God can judge him no man can.
IBB this IBB that - how as that solved Nigeria's problem
Nigerian's must stop the perception that a particular sin is weghtier than the other.
He who is without sin should cast the first stone.

if you don't want IBB as president then don't vote for him instead of engaging in slander that also makes a man equal with his offender.

Those who posted has just prooved that masses does not love IBB.

It means that Ferari had only been blinded by something that threw him into the ocean of Generalisation.

Probably a fantasy show staged in fantasyland.

IBB is a sinner like you and me. But I have not murdered, and stole the monies of 150 million masses.

If someone killed your son, you may forgive, but would you offer him your second son for murder?

Masses he terrorised can not love him. At least the posts here has prooved it.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by SHEAU(m): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2010
@poster, na u do u!
afterall SATAN HAS FOLLOWERS
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2010
IBB is not that bad! He's being crucified for annulling June 12 when he actually saved us from an imminent doom. Everybody knows how Abiola made his money by embezzling the ITT funds put in his care. He then went ahead to bribe the masses (with the stolen money) who promptly voted him into power!

Yorubas just dont want to admit that Abiola was, like Fela said, and International Thief Thief grin

I agree totally with the post. Facts have been twisted and the young have ben fed lies upon lies. IBB is not the worst that can happen to Nigerians. But then again, we are used to a lifetime of wasted loyalties!
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
If he is that loved, he should walk the whole length of Igbosere Street on Lagos Island without his security details
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by prints(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
dappssee:

If he is that loved, he should walk the whole length of Igbosere Street on Lagos Island without his security details

lol, just dont understand some 9ja guys sha. I dont care if IBB is good or bad but i sure know I want to see a new face ruling my beloved country.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
IBB is bad, but not that Bad.

But it will be fool of any man to leave his second child for Murder just because he had forgiven the killer of the first Child.

I am not foolish, and would never be fooled.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by T9ksy(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
Yeah, the masses love IBB,

, like a hole in the head!!!
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by naijaswag1: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
Many Nigerians are insane,that is why we have all the problems.Any body who chooses a man that ruled a country more than 20 years ago with absolutely nothing to show for it over the young people we have today is totally mad.I don't blame them because Nigerians are ready to do anything to get close to Aso Rock and partake in the 40Bn dollars annual booty.insanity,madness.This is why I get infuriated when Nigerians complain.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Wilfem(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
Solomon227:

Ferari why have u chosen to b a perpetual failure? U are so dull and silly to see we av long taken our stand on IBB. IBB himself has been told by the so called Northern wise-men (he relies so much on) dat Gauso will b d man if there is going to b any concession at all. IBB people know how unsellable he is, even to d Northerners not to talk of the well-educated Southerners who know a vote for IBB is :an elevation of Lucifa in our hearts, a retrogression to stone age, an invitation to oppression, grand looting and steady killing of friends, opponents, step-sons, and any potential brilliants minds.
We understand d obvious Waterloo of IBB will take yor means of livelihood away but why not hug a transformer or take a dive into d Lagos lagoon. Dat way u wont feel any pains. Trust me it works, u can even advise yor master to do dsame after he must have been 'schemed out' by GEJ.

grin  cheesy  cheesy  grin  Habba! Bro, is it as serious as that?

dappssee:

Don't even go that far, let him try it here in any part of Abuja, except ASO ROCK, He'll see what'll happen to him
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
From the result so far on this thread,

Group of People         No. of Vote       %tage Vote

Masses love IBB              3                      21.4

Masses hate IBB             10                    71.4

Undecided                       1                       7.1

Total vote                       14                    99.9

The Result had proved wrong the thieves who only want to fulfill their selfish desire.

Masses do not Love IBB. If any loves him, then they must be the Almanjiris who can't afford writing their names.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by omojand: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
I put it to you that the following names, distinguised in their bashful support of Lucifer re-incarnate, IBB, may be one of the same -

ujujoin
i care
ferari90.

A cursary look at their writing styles, logic and presentation QEDs this theory.

However you wan do am,  the only villa IBB will be relocating to after the next election is the one in kirikiri.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by agitator: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^
Not surprised knowing ujujoan she can do anything for money, even licking IBB yansh whenever he has finished defecating.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by seanet02: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
Typical ferari, its been in his blood to engage in dubious programs, always a major Ibb supporter here on nairaland, may you have an unending crisis ridden future like the one IBB gave Nigerians since 93.
its been a long time since you use your tiny brain here on nairaland, only God knows when you will be Sensible.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by orangemen: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
what if any one had in 1999 denied obasanjo to be president? the same noise abt abiola's denial will be on air.
ibb to me is not the best of candidates but i will VITE HIM against any candidate pdp will provide.
if the so called devil(ibb) left power since 1993 what has changed since then? twin bombs, kidnapping with ease, robbers operating in a particular scene for 5 hrs, us$16b power project bogus contracts, useless educational system, bad roads and legalised sharing of funds in all governmental agencies. selective justice and selections in the name of elections.
united arab emirates was built in 15 yrs and if i want to calculate between 1993 till date, i think that will be abt 17 solid yrs.
today, no national carrier, no national team, no nitel,no nepa. all we have is that same aso rock that was built by this same babangida.
how long has jonathan been there and what can he show for this little time. might anything happen tomorrow, history will have his name as a one time president of nigeria. to me so far, i can only say he chased ibori out of nigeria and forcefully brought ribadu back to nigeria.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by seanet02: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
IBB remains one of the most Satanic Leaders NG ever witness, so the issue of voting for him does not even need discussing, A leopard can not change his skin
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by ferari9o: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
seanet02:

Typical ferari, its been in his blood to engage in dubious programs, always a major Ibb supporter here on nairaland, may you have an unending crisis ridden future like the one IBB gave Nigerians since 93.
its been a long time since you use your tiny brain here on nairaland, only God knows when you will be Sensible.

pray for your father you fool.
since when has it become a crime to support one of the most intelligent homo-sapiens in Africa.
Only a homo erectus like you will spew such nonsense as you just did

according to some Homo habilis, this man ,I BB destroyed Nigeria in 8 years some years back
17 year latter nobody has been able to move Nigeria more forward that he did. I wonder what they are still ranting about.

I am tired of hearing people talk about June 12,Dele Giwa and Okigbo report.
please!!! please!! !! Please!!!!! ,I want to hear something else

IBB haters surfer from 3 ailments

1)Inherited Prejudice
2)Second hand wisdom
3)Greed
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Solomon227(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2010
ferari9o:

pray for your father you fool.
since when has it become a crime to support  one of the  most intelligent homo-sapiens in Africa.
Only a homo erectus like you will spew such nonsense as you just did

according to some  Homo habilis, this man ,I BB destroyed Nigeria in 8 years  some years back
17 year latter nobody has been able to move Nigeria more forward that he did. I wonder what they are still ranting about.

I am  tired of hearing people talk about  June 12,Dele Giwa and Okigbo report.
please!!! please!! !! Please!!!!! ,I want to hear something else 

IBB haters surfer from 3 ailments

1)Inherited Prejudice
2)Second hand wisdom
3)Greed

OK Mr FeraDull u want to hear more? Let me giv u three more

[size=14pt]He killed his step-son:he felt the guy is a threat to his own pure breeds
He killed his best friend because he was more intelligent than him
He parceled bumb on the plane of young military officers because he was afraid they were becoming more brilliant than him[/size]
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by koruji(m): 2:46am On Oct 20, 2010
Yeah, the masses love IBB as in we 'll love to line-up and deliver 150 million individual slaps to his face, even if it takes 10 years!

ferari90:

By Segun Balogun

Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Osama10(m): 2:58am On Oct 20, 2010
koruji:

Yeah, the masses love IBB as in we 'll love to line-up and deliver 150 million individual slaps to his face, even if it takes 10 years!

Very correct, hot hot slaps.
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by na2day(m): 4:05am On Oct 20, 2010
Yeah! sure! We love him to do this:
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by ferari9o: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2010
[size=28pt]VOTE IBB
VOTE IBB
[/size]
Re: The Masses Love Ibb by Mudley313: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
ferari9o:

[size=28pt]VOTE IBB
VOTE IBB
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Checkpoints Of Death: When Will Onovo Stop This Carnage? / Adeboye, Aregbesola For Ilesa Old Boys Thanksgiving ! / 22 Governorship Candidates Emerge In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.