Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,880 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:35 AM

Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots (765 Views)

Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election / Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa / Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by marcdunu: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5630952-146/inecs_n21bn_ghost_polling_booths_.csp

[size=18pt]INEC’s N21bn ghost polling booths [/size]

By Nicholas Ibekwe

October 17, 2010 02:00AM
print email

Attahiru Jega's Independent National Electoral Commission has asked for and received N20.4 billion than it actually needs to register voters for the upcoming elections.

The funding request, which was hurriedly passed by the National Assembly and which the finance minister, Segun Aganga, confirmed had been released last Thursday in Abuja, was based on a faulty calculation that wildly overinflated the number of polling stations at which prospective voters are to be registered by computer.

INEC arrived at its N87.7 billion request on the back of a claim of 120,000 polling sites in the country. It then claimed that each computer, identified with the fancy name of ‘data capture machine', would cost N308, 000.

But an analysis of the data published by INEC on its website, conducted for NEXT on Sunday by the citizens advocacy group, WangoNet, shows that INEC has 28,000 fewer polling stations than it claimed, officials having puffed up the numbers through duplication and what appeared to be outright falsification.

Nearly 8,000 polling sites were counted twice, thrice, or substantially more, before INEC arrived at the nice round figure of 120,000.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2010
JEGA is a good man but the system will never be fair to him
He will be consumed by 2011 election.

It take more than a good man to make any (little)difference in Nigeria ask Late prof. Fafunwa Wole Soyinka, Ransome kuti Ribadu ,Okonjo Iweala and Ezekwesili
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by homerac7: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ ferrari.

U missed out Tai Solarin and Humphrey Nwosu
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2010
I keep asking a question which no one has answered

Jega was a consultant to Maurice Iwu's INEC. Does anyone have any record of Jega resigning that position? or an article criticising what went on in the last dispensation? Until someone shows me one of the above this whole talk about Jega being a saint is a myth and this latest report by Next is not suprise to me.

We  are in october and yet they have not ordered DDC machines. There is even no guarantee we will conclude voter registration this year and yet all his requests have been met.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by kosovo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2010
Iwu was a better Choice, he would have worked on his Mistakes and bring better results, but trust me, Most Nigerians are too Dumb to believe everything presented to them by the Government, Jega's Failure would be nothing Nigerians have ever seen, so much expectation, So much Flop. . .

What a waste of Tax payers Money . . .
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by LouisThoru(f): 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2010
and you beleive WangoNet with this kind of website can do that job they claimed they have done?

http://www.wangonet.org/

They cant even make a working website talkless of being a good adviser to INEC or on INEC.

We know them and who they are, please do not beleive anything from WagonNet.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by Gbawe: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2010
We need only look at the deployment of the disgraced Ayoka Adebayo from Ekiti to Ondo , as REC , to note that Jega is likely to be a compromised INEC boss . Jega cannot feign ignorance of Adebayo's role in the 2009 Ekiti Guber election. No serious INEC boss with genuine integrity will touch Ayoka Adebayo with a ten foot pole let alone deploy her to another Nigerian State[b] in the same role [/b] . It is also interesting that Adebayo is transfered to a State OBJ has vowed to capture . I guess "operation totality" has engulfed Jega also. It was always a bad idea , in a very corrupt nation , to allow the President alone nominate the INEC boss. The politicians should all carry on with their desperate, callous and selfishly heinous plans . They will be shocked next year.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/51867-CNPP-asks-Ayoka-Ondo-REC-honour-earlier-resignation.html?print

“We believe that Jega knows the antecedents of Mrs. Adebayo and her alleged close relationship with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo; a relationship that was called into play when she was needed to recant on her insistence that she would not announce a cooked up result for the purpose of swinging victory to the PDP in the infamous Ekiti bye election of April 2009.

“Even if Jega claims ignorance of Adebayo’s close liaison with Obasanjo, we hope he knows about the lousy boast of Obasanjo recently that he must conquer Ondo State for his political courtiers in the next election.
“Ondo CNPP wants to even give Jega the benefit of knowing the above serious issues but we would not forgive him if he claims ignorance of the shameful maneuvers that attended the shameless mockery that was brought to bear on the Ekiti bye elections in April 2009, with Mrs. Adebayo in the center of it all.

“We do not want to believe that Jega was so uninformed not to know of the scurrilous drama of resignations and being forced by desperate presidency officials to come out and announce the PDP as winner, despite her resignation, after a clearly forged result was smuggled in from Ido Osi for that purpose.”

They asked the INEC Boss “to realize that Adebayo had publicly resigned as REC in April 2009 and that she had not withdrawn the letter till date.

“So, to the best of the knowledge of Nigerians Mrs Ayoka Adebayo has no more business in INEC, whatever she now does in that position remains null, void and of no effect”, the statement said
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by oderemo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2010
They will be shocked next year.
grin
grin .
i dey fear you oh.gbawe.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by Gbawe: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2010
ode remo:

grin
grin .
i dey fear you oh.gbawe.

My brother , the signs are visible . Impugnity is gradually replacing docility. The insentive ruling elite , erstwhile despised by average Nigerians from afar, will be targeted directly . It is the logical progression as the next stage in our development if Politicians keep placing selfish interest , that dehumanises Nigerians , above national interests. If our leaders don't wan't to learn from history then history shall repeat itself.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by oderemo(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2010
Impugnity is gradually replacing docility. The insentive ruling elite , erstwhile despised by average Nigerians from afar, will be targeted directly . It is the logical progression as the next stage in our development if Politicians keep placing selfish interest , that dehumanises Nigerians , above national interests
how my brother, how. was in my home town yesterday was involved in a heated argument about the poor state of ogun state with ohgreedy as the pilot , my friend .nearly had my head litterally shopped off. when i was of the opinion that acn will sweep the state next selection.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2010
We are simply building castles in the air.

Electoral reform my foot.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by violent(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2010
LouisThoru:

and you beleive WangoNet with this kind of website can do that job they claimed they have done?

http://www.wangonet.org/

They cant even make a working website talkless of being a good adviser to INEC or on INEC.

We know them and who they are, please do not beleive anything from WagonNet.

And you don't believe em simply by looking at their website?. . .you must be a Nigerian police officer, i can't think of anyone else that can come to that kind of conclusion.

and for your information, i know a couple of investment houses here in the UK with Assets under management in hundreds of millions of pounds and their effing website is still under construction. . .whatever happened to "don't judge a book by its cover"?

Iwu was a better Choice, he would have worked on his Mistakes and bring better results,  but trust me, Most Nigerians are too Dumb to believe everything presented to them by the Government, Jega's Failure would be nothing Nigerians have ever seen, so much expectation, So much Flop. . .

What a waste of Tax payers Money . . .

hehehe. . .i laugh in Iwuish!. . you think think this is a fúcking poker game?. .  . the man had ample time to work on "his mistakes", he simply ignored em, the results?. . .we keep having looters as senators and governors, and you, sir, are preaching Nigerians are too dumb to say a big fat NO to that?

. . .and before you throw rocks at me, I'm not an advocate of Jega, if the dude is found culpable and incapable as well, i recommend he should be hanged by the ballz!
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by LouisThoru(f): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2010
@Violent

Because i have other information about them that you dont have.
Re: Even You Jega : Inec's 21billion Ghost Polling Boots by violent(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^ fair enough!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Non Nigerians To Come To A Naija Forum To Diss Nigeria/nigerians / Efcc Raids Halliburton Office In Lagos / Details Of Ekiti State Governor And His Deputy Assets Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.