Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Resolution Of The Congress Of Asup Unwana Chapter Held On August 1. 2019 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Resolution Of The Congress Of Asup Unwana Chapter Held On August 1. 2019 (461 Views)

ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? / Auchi Poly Pulls Out Of Asup Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resolution Of The Congress Of Asup Unwana Chapter Held On August 1. 2019 by INIOBONGEKONG: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
The Rector,
AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, UWANA

RE: RESOLUTION OF THE CONGRESS OF ASUP UNWANA CHAPTER HELD ON AUGUST 1. 2019.

I have been directed to refer You to our union’s communication of 16 May, 2019 which enlisted some  grievances of the congress on owed allowances.

We are further directed to draw your attention to the inability of Management to address all the issues raised. The issues raised borders on:

27 months arrears of 7.5% academic allowance (PAA)
l00% of promotion arrears for 20l8 '
20I3, 20l4 and 20 l 5 Excess Workload
Annual increment for 20l9 Payment for stream B Honorarium and 3rd Semester for 20l7/20l8 sessions respectively.

Please note also that congress has rejected the extra deductions for tax on the months of June and July “when negotiation on this matter is ongoing.

Congress has appraised holistically. Management’s response to the above issues and observed with disappointment that only item (d) has been resolved satisfactorily. Note that congress has rejected the pittance paid as stream B honorarium after a whole session of toiling.

In view of the foregoing, Sir, we regret to inform Rector and Management that congress has directed her members to down tools indefinitely until Management addresses all the demands. This action is with effect from August I. 20l9.

Please be assured of the utmost regards of our Union.

Signed
Comrade Felix Ugah Idu
CHAIRMAN

DR. Francis Chidi Alinno
GENERAL SECRETARY

Re: Resolution Of The Congress Of Asup Unwana Chapter Held On August 1. 2019 by kenny5811(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
i wish dey can remove dat wicked rector....... imagine makin final year student miss exams bcuz of school fees.... e no go beta for venerable ibenwo

1 Like

Re: Resolution Of The Congress Of Asup Unwana Chapter Held On August 1. 2019 by EJOMHAP(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
Am highly disappointed, somebody instead of learning will old with white bias before him graduate. How much is all the money that oga Rector cannot pay. Remita this Remita that, what is he using the money for........... Let me shut up.....

(1) (Reply)

NEW: NNPC / Mobil Undergraduates Scholarship For 2019 / List Of 18 Famous Harvard Alumni / Cloud Computing: Industry's Exaggeration Or Future Of IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.