Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,541 members, 7,978,776 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:55 PM

#RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March (15869 Views)

Ezekwesili Slams Atiku For Claiming He Obasanjo's Economic Management Team / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Buhari, Says "Becoming President Was Buhari’s Only Outcome" / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Urchman200: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:
Old age affecting this obj concubine already. Dementia

When Russia disperse and arrested about 60 protesters last week, it's ok since it's not Nigeria.

With the current security challenges, lazy yoots should be allowed to protest and when it turns bad they will still turn back to blame the government.

Where's Fani Kayode, Reno, Galadima and their children.

Dino is online sharing adorable photo of his children yet some idi0ts who may have no food to eat when they put their neck
what different has this ur post made?u don't want to stand against ur oppressors but want to continue discouraging those that have the courage to do what u cannot, what are u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by deavicky(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:

When Russia disperse and arrested about 60 protesters last week, it's ok since it's not Nigeria.

With the current security challenges, lazy yoots should be allowed to protest and when it turns bad they will still turn back to blame the government.

Dino is online sharing adorable photo of his children yet some idi0ts who may have no food to eat when they put their neck
mind you, the harsh society is not affecting the life's of Dino, Fani, Reno and Galadima's children. So leave the so call lazy youth to stand for something. Things need to change in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by bigpriik: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:

you are a fool and a coward,the great Nations we admire today paid a bitter and bloody price for the privilege they enjoy if we want change lets pay the price today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2019
Urchman200:
what different has this ur post made?u don't want to stand against ur oppressors but want to continue discouraging those that have the courage to do what u cannot, what are u?
Fool and a coward is who such people are
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by TruthinAction: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
The only protest that will shake Nigeria is by women going half unclad on the street. Even police will be confused.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by inyenejo(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2019
#REVOLUTIONNOW!!!
#buharigg must go

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Naijaviewsng: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
ChemBrodar:
Former presidential candidate, Oby Ezekwesili, has attacked the Nigeria Police after an Assistant Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Tijani Fatai, described the RevolutionNow protest as an unlawful assembly.

The police fired teargas at the protesters who gathered in front of the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos, on Monday.

Mr Fatai told journalists after the protesters were dispersed that the group did not seek permission of the place from the police before gathering and therefore described their protest as unlawful.

“Their gathering is unlawful and an unlawful gathering is supposed to be discharged. We had to dislodge them because they have no permit,” Mr Fatai said.

Mrs Ezekwesili, a former education minister, in a tweet described the statement as a ‘high level of ignorance’ of the Nigerian constitution.

“I just watched a @PoliceNG official calling a gathering of citizens who came out to protest Bad Governance an “unlawful assembly”. Such high level ignorance of the Constitution and the Laws of the Land. @BBOG_Nigeria secured a judgment against such stifling of Freedom in 2014,” she said.

Armed security operatives rained teargas when the protesters started chanting solidarity songs and calling for the release of the convener of RevolutionNow movement, Omoyele Sowore.

https://foxmeek.com/news/oby-ezekwesili-slams-police-for-calling-revolutionnow-protest-unlawful-march

A nation that generates revenue in tax alone running to trillions and oil generated income that I can’t even begin to give u our figure... can’t provide the security, water, health care and education for its citizens...let’s even leave light and jobs yet you are insulting your people for protesting and comparing us to Russia...please cover ur face...
See Oga.. the average Nigerians don’t know their right, thanks to the shabby educational system.. that’s why most people don’t think it’s possible to sue the government of his own country...so we don’t usually asking for much.nigerians are just asking for basics.... how can the citizens be paying tax and can’t even get good roads, health care, security, people are dying practically daily...
.... we have so much gotten use to this evil.. do u know how worse this nation is actually.??..my Oga.. people are actually dying daily and we are getting used to it like it’s cockroach being stepped upon..

how can a protest be unlawful in this context..a couple of months ago, citizens of Ukraine waited at in front of parliament and attacked their law markers throwing them into trash bins for corruption...that’s direct attack oo...

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Zoogerian234: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:

Na Dem Dem .... 30k stipend receiver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
There's no hope for Nigeria,This Revolutionary Match and it's outcome and reactions from all parties just shows how unwilling to push for a social change Nigerians are.

Speaking against this protester and supporting their arrest by anyone is sad because anyone supporting their arrest has just thrown away their Democratical right to protest,that young man was arrested for speaking out against bad governance and he got arrested.

If this's the definition of dictatorship then I dont know what is.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
1StopRudeness:

A nation that generates revenue in tax alone running to trillions and oil generated income that I can’t even begin to give u our figure... can’t provide the security, water, health care and education for its citizens...let’s even leave light and jobs yet you are insulting your people for protesting and comparing us to Russia...please cover ur face...
See Oga.. the average Nigerians don’t know their right, thanks to the shabby educational system.. that’s why most people don’t think it’s possible to sue the government of his own country...so we don’t usually asking for much.nigerians are just asking for basics.... how can the citizens be paying tax and can’t even get good roads, health care, security, people are dying practically daily...
.... we have so much gotten use to this evil.. do u know how worse this nation is actually.??..my Oga.. people are actually dying daily and we are getting used to it like it’s cockroach being stepped upon..

how can a protest be unlawful in this context..a couple of months ago, citizens of Ukraine waited at in front of parliament and attacked their law markers throwing them into trash bins for corruption...that’s direct attack oo...

My brother,I tire for the guy o,he actually made me realise that there's no hope for Nigeria.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by fortran12: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2019
euromilion:
There's no hope for Nigeria,This Revolutionary Match and it's outcome and reactions from all parties just shows how unwilling to push for a social change Nigerians are.

Speaking against this protester and supporting their arrest by anyone is sad because anyone supporting their arrest has just thrown away their Democratical right to protest,that young man was arrested for speaking out against bad governance and he got arrested.

If this's the definition of dictatorship then I dont know what is.
He got arrested for being part of an unlawful protest. You can speak your mind against any one else where no one will arrest you.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
euromilion:

My brother,I tire for the guy o,he actually made me realise that there's no hope for Nigeria.

I don’t like violence... but it’s clear that our leaders just go there with the mentality to go themselves rich...
The security state is starting to scare me, everyone is just doing business as usual... and it’s moving from the north gradually to the west... soon we won’t be able to commake bout of our homes.. if the army with heavy fire power can’t contain these bokoharam, what will the police do... they have now started the bokoharam extension called Fulani men... with the government pampering them we can’t live without meat in this nation...
It’s only a matter of time.. it will still result to revolution last last
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Akiika: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why hasn't madam Oby called for revolution for years that she and her assistant Aisha have been abusing Buhari on social media? Make she try am now! Na she go dey cook beans for Sowore in kuje prison. Nuisance!
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by cohug: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
what is the meaning of Nig. police? Zombie is the answer
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by magicminister: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
beardedboy:

Are you at the revolution arena?

Cowardice dey your DNA.

Bro, I’m rich! I fly private or business class.
I dine in 5 star hotels and own 3 houses in Nigeria and 2 in the United States... my life is soft!!

Back in my university says, I protested, I was even shot in the leg and got my scars to show it!! No be today bro... I’m not a coward but at some point, you gotta just let cowards suffer....
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by rexandyke(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
This woman is old and sicky! The same government she stepped down for?

Someone should slap her for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Vixlot:
Na only twitter dey get mouth, sending boys to the streets, while sitting behind keyboards

Oby Ezekwesili is not a twitter monger but an action woman when it comes to protests.

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by joe120120(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:

SocialFinance
is a shame that
SocialFinance will ever remain a child .
clap hand to SocialFinance
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Larryndelaw: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
See dis woman wey chicken out of the election talking abt protest. Even sowore didn't get 5000 votes from the whole country and here he is today talking abt revolution. Sowore that suppose to contest for councillor just woke up one day and want to become president. MUMU.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Ostrogoth(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
Weeellll!!!

Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by beardedboy(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
magicminister:

Bro, I’m rich! I fly private or business class.
I dine in 5 star hotels and own 3 houses in Nigeria and 2 in the United States... my life is soft!!

Back in my university says, I protested, I was even shot in the leg and got my scars to show it!! No be today bro... I’m not a coward but at some point, you gotta just let cowards suffer....

Story story.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by Ibegtodiffer: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
SocialFinance:

If they had food to eat, the protest would have been needless.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March by obama30: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
ChemBrodar:
Former presidential candidate, Oby Ezekwesili, has attacked the Nigeria Police after an Assistant Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Tijani Fatai, described the RevolutionNow protest as an unlawful assembly.

The police fired teargas at the protesters who gathered in front of the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos, on Monday.

Mr Fatai told journalists after the protesters were dispersed that the group did not seek permission of the place from the police before gathering and therefore described their protest as unlawful.

“Their gathering is unlawful and an unlawful gathering is supposed to be discharged. We had to dislodge them because they have no permit,” Mr Fatai said.

Mrs Ezekwesili, a former education minister, in a tweet described the statement as a ‘high level of ignorance’ of the Nigerian constitution.

“I just watched a @PoliceNG official calling a gathering of citizens who came out to protest Bad Governance an “unlawful assembly”. Such high level ignorance of the Constitution and the Laws of the Land. @BBOG_Nigeria secured a judgment against such stifling of Freedom in 2014,” she said.

Armed security operatives rained teargas when the protesters started chanting solidarity songs and calling for the release of the convener of RevolutionNow movement, Omoyele Sowore.

https://foxmeek.com/news/oby-ezekwesili-slams-police-for-calling-revolutionnow-protest-unlawful-march

I said it some weeks ago that Nigerian can't protest against the government because we are 4 nation's in one, when a revolution start from south East, the south west and south south and the less cannot care because they believe that what the East is protesting for is not their concern, when a revolutionist is from west they will team it western revolution, and if is from North the entire north will support it indirectly as they support Boko-Harm and the less. we as a Nigerian have a long way to go. only the north have right to protest in Nigeria because the government is for them that's why Zaklzaky is free today, has it be that he is from another tribe?. the south are not united and 85% security men is from North. the government is of the north and for the north. when south want to do protest they have to be well equipped by providing foods for the protesters, they will be ready to face the security in all means from the second day. the successful revolutions we saw in other country were well equipped, you don't expect protesters to go hungry at end of the day, you don't expect people to die in vain when the government your protesting against attack you. yes is police duty to put fear into protesters to stop them and is also revolutionist duty to fight back to tell government that they are tired the way they live and are ready to die or the government meet their demand. if government can't meet their demand it mean the government have to resign in peace or by force if the force from the revolution is too hot for the government. Revolution somehow mean self volunteer for war against over due to retire or resign unproductive government and this government cannot fold hands allow citizen they term ordinary to take power from them. therefore if this revolution is well equipped. the revolutionist have to change the tone to another level from tomorrow.

BBC and other international news agency are forbidden from covering the news but they were allow to cover every protest that leads by the northerners. the protesters should not run away because police chase them in today. tomorrow they have to be equipped with everything withing their power to fight back until government meet their needs. all this country Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and all that have force the government to meet their demands pass through what the protesters is passing today in Nigeria but they did not stop until government meet their demand. when government need fire you give them fire and when they need peace you give them peace. oh Nigerians the supporters of good will come out in mass to fight this evil. the government have one option. meet people demand or resign or give protesters independent.

the south should stop dividing and come together to get what they want through this protest, if they fail the Fulani's will take over south from now on. the north is trying their best to use the south to divide south and they are succeeding. every southerner is tired of fulani's activities' is this how we will chase the Fulani's out. if we can's come together to fight the Fulani's through this revolution is it by individually we can fight?. there's power in unity than individually, our enemy is not single but united i beg all southerners to join this protest and let the sponsor of the revolution equip the protesters with all we need to protect and feed our self. if the Zakyzaky members didn't kill police this government will have not make any move to free him. If the revolutionist did not start killing whom ever government send to stop ours this government will never believed that their government polices is not good to the south, they will never believe the security system is not good to the south, they will never believe that their polices is cause of poverty in the south which leads our youth to lay hand in fraud which leads them in jail. how long can youth of the south stop going to jail because of poverty?. how long can young women of south stop going into prostitution because of poverty?. how long can we stop dieing in our land because of insecurity?, how long can fail education system stop?, how long can fail hospital system stop?, how long can cut of mark stop?. how long can Fulani's men stop this their new system of kidnapping of travelers on southern roads stop?. how long can our farmers stop dieing in their farm in hands of the Fulani's men?. how long do we the south think that this government can make a move to stop all this evil whereby they are the one that introduces it and they are the one the situation favors?.

If the south fail to use this opportunity to do revolution it may not be possible for them again, it will be like them as the day when Igbo's see that this marriage cannot work and others tribe see it that Igbo's are Nigerian problem but after 50 years they now see what Igbo's saw. later Nnamdi Kanu comes in but we don't believe him when he started crying in 2014 that he saw Fulanisation and Buhari brutality but Nigerians chase him away. An today the entire south have another opportunity to free them self and we take it as Yoruba man revolution. time is coming when we will seek for all this hero's and we can't find them no more Ojukwu is not here today, and we need people like him. but north still producing our pains day by day and we keep enduring to our grave, is this how our life is going to remain as a southerners.

if we fail to continue this revolution international community cannot come to support us, but if we continue they will come to help us archive our dreams. it happens in Sudan and now happening in Russia and Hongkong they never run away. good luck southern people of Nigerian, long life southern people of Nigeria and God bless you all for standing for truth and demanding for your right and justice form the hands of oppressors. we shall archive this dreams together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: Justice Stella Ogene London Property & Offshore Account / Army: IPOB/ESN Responsible For Arson, Killings In Southeast / PDP Accuses INEC, APC Of Burning Non-indigenes' Pvcs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.