Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,873 members, 7,927,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:18 PM

Harry Maguire Completes World-record Move To Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Maguire Completes World-record Move To Manchester United (435 Views)

Enzo Fernandez Undergoing Medical Ahead Of Record Move To Chelsea / Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk / Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harry Maguire Completes World-record Move To Manchester United by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Manchester United have signed England international defender Harry Maguire from Leicester on a six-year deal.

Sources told ESPN FC on Friday that United agreed to pay Leicester £80 million, which represents a world record fee for a defender, surpassing the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in 2018.

"I am delighted to have signed for this great club," Maguire said.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Leicester and would like to thank everyone at the club and the fans for their fantastic support over the past two seasons.

"However, when Manchester United come knocking on your door, it is an incredible opportunity," the 26-year-old continued. "From my conversations with the manager, I am excited about the vision and plans he has for the team.

"It's clear to see that Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] is building a team to win trophies.

"I am now looking forward to meeting my new teammates and getting the season started."

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and played a part in my career.

I'm proud and honoured to join @ManUtd. What an incredible football journey it's been so far ⚽ pic.twitter.com/yVaTnBBHv6

— Harry Maguire (@HarryMaguire93) August 5, 2019
Leicester were holding out for a bid of £90m for Maguire before agreeing to a compromise.

The 26-year-old underwent a medical over the weekend before signing a five-year contract and will be eligible to make his United debut against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Sunday.

He played 76 games in two seasons at Leicester after arriving for £17m from Hull City in 2017.

#GGMU
http/www.espnfc.com/story/3908867/man-utd-sign-maguire-in-record-fee-for-defender

Re: Harry Maguire Completes World-record Move To Manchester United by samutd4u(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
Good

(1) (Reply)

Tell Your Wife/girl Friends That You Will Not Have Her Time Again! EPL Is Back / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Update!! / I Have No Respect For Lennox Lewis, Says Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.