Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,957 members, 7,976,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:47 AM

'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) (32954 Views)

EndSARS Memorial: Protester Arrested During Interview At Lekki Toll Gate (Video) / Revolution Now: Heavily Armed Security Operatives Storm Roads, Streets (Photos) / 'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by SVC6000: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Verdit
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Naijaviewsng: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Yoga11: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Revolution is different from protest bro. I will do the same thing PMB did to avert all these frivolities. No leader will ever see this happen to his administration and fold his/her arms. As much as I love people showing their grievances definitely not through this means. Nigeria is a Democratic state and we're all bidded by her laws. Your votes is your right. Come 2023 then vote buhari out but not waging war on his government. Are you saying buhari is the problem or the system?
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by gracevile: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
can I ever lack Wat to do God forbid after it was so clearly stated don't do this people will do meanwhile can I die for a man who knows absolutely nothing about Nigeria tried n failed to win the presidential election hoped for minster but was disappointed then revolution came to his mind leaving his wife n kids in New York. haba wen will Nigerians realize that politicians will use common gullible people to achieve their selfishness at the detriment of their lives. me I want to marry born plenty children and die of extreme old age not of stupidity
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by magzey: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
princeade86:
while buhari enjoyed his own freedom of protest during 2014. I wept for nigeria. our leaders are heartless. they are stealing from us, still arresting us. I know many military and paramilitary not happy with what they are doing, but they follow order from above. can't buratai be sacked ni or AGF.
i pity you was there revolution in 2014, please leave that your village and come to city. undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
the redundant coupist is all shades of TYRANY and misrule!... abacha did Worse but where dafuq is he today!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by 400billionman: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nigeria needs RESET button..

Back to DEFAULT settings.

FACTORY reset.
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
If no be say na that Nigeria kirikiri prison wey I dey fear to enter I for join them protest.Buhari don mess up this kantiri.

3 Likes

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by morpheus24: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
Tina26:
Nigeria is beyond redemption. No point. Thank God my canada PR is almost due. Sowore the foolish fake activist. Kept his wife and kids in new york

Your brain is slow, so Wifes and children are now candidates for fighting political war abi?

How many children did you see at that protest in lagos.

Ode oshi!

4 Likes

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by cohug: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
Buhari must go! police come and pack all of us oooo, am glad you police and your president know that Nigerians are not happy.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by morpheus24: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
Yoga11:
Revolution is different from protest bro. I will do the same thing PMB did to avert all these frivolities. No leader will ever see this happen to his administration and fold his/her arms. As much as I love people showing their grievances definitely not through this means. Nigeria is a Democratic state and we're all bidded by her laws. Your votes is your right. Come 2023 then vote buhari out but not waging war on his government. Are you saying buhari is the problem or the system?

coward!

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by onatisi(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
we warned nigerians against voting for buhari in 2015 but their brains were upside down then, we arned them what buhari will do to them , so funny that it is actually those who did everything to bring down gej government are now the same ppl been teargassed by buhari men .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by 400billionman: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
Yoga11:

Who controls the system ?

Who hires and fires ?
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by morpheus24: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
onatisi:
we warned nigerians against voting for buhari in 2015 but their brains were upside down then, we arned them what buhari will do to them , so funny that it is actually those who did everything to bring down gej government are now the same ppl been teargassed by buhari men .

Stop yapping if GEJ was voted in is it not the same system of cronies and cabals that are in place.

Flawed logic.

Go back to elementary 1

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by cyan2008(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2019
In a same country., the leaders fear the people but in a zoo, the opposite is the case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by 400billionman: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
landmark86:
Funny enuff
All these security agency especially the NPF go dey behave has if dey are not much concern or affected, meanwhile na dem suffer pass.
Na so one wey be my neighbour (Naija police man), his wife dey alwayz come to my wife to borrow things include salt and matches.
cheesy grin

Nah Dem suffer pass.

If I be police, I go just warn you. Arrest Who ?

The zero electricity and bad roads, arent they affected ?
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by educhigo: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2019
that's turn by turn because i remember when dss arrested nnamdi kanu sowore and his sahara report supported buhari and dss yorubas jubilating everywhere..now he is eating iron beans with hard labor..jimo waiting for him to give him new stile.�����������������������������������������������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by SillyMods: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
[s]
Cryomancer:
Whoever watched this and still commend this government, is actually just waiting in line to get their own taste of the Poo.

The igbo's were being dealt with, and other tribes turned a blind eyes. Now the south west is being invaded by herdsmen and other tribes are turning a blind eyes. Today the military is manhandling peaceful protesters and we all sit behind our keypads and type rubbish and some are being tribalistic and political with our comments and turn blind eyes.

We all forget the ripple effects of the actions of today.. Everybody will eventually get served in the long run, no matter your tribe and political affiliation and there will be nobody to stand with you to resist because what goes around comes around.

Nigeria is too foolish as a nation... the citizen are extremely docile.... It's obvious that the creation of much state actually brought us nothing than division.
[/s]
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Odingo1: 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Sowore after bringing Buhari to power, Afonja people self, no more sai baba
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Serveyouright(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
BuyACar:
My own question is that, why is all those that lead the protest in Jonathan regime not leading this revolution?

Why are they only protesting from the phone and media in the comfort of their home?

My verdict: fellow youths go and rest, when they're ready we'd get up
[color=#006600][/color
Thank you I've been asking this question beginning from the first day Sowore birth this Idea. Where is Oby, Pst Tunder Bakare, Prof. Wole Soyinka and the rest that protested 2012 fuel subsidy removal. How much are we buying fuel today. They are looking for who they give Fulani military to feed.

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by citruslimited(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Another Abacha has risen in Nigeria.
And needs be cased out of the government house.

Before everyone is arrested just as it was done by the abacha of old !!!!!!
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by onatisi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2019
Serveyouright:
[color=#006600][/color
Thank you I've been asking this question beginning from the first day Sowore birth this Idea. Where is Oby, Pst Tunder Bakare, Prof. Wole Soyinka and the rest that protested 2012 fuel subsidy removal. How much are we buying fuel today. They are looking for who they give Fulani military to feed.

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by CreekCommando: 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2019
A lot of blood have been spilled on this land called Nigeria, with attendant injustices unresolved. Nothing good can happen in this country unless we return to square one to tell the truth and start from there. The vortex of confusion packaged by politicians both APC, PDP and others is unimaginable. RUGA will be in full force and the N2.2 billion earmarked for it is a bait to attract state governors. This will create spontaneous resistance from citizens and Nigeria may be gone therefrom. Solution is not #REVOLUTIONNOW; solution is SW, SE,SS and Benue coming together genuinely to think properly.
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by JaceBlaze: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
This one will not be televised.The Nigerian police gon whip persin pikin ass if caught with camera filming all of these

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Empiree: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
"revolution" my foot.

Obasanjo being one of the instigators shows that this silly protest is lopsided. Abeg, tell us exactly what obj did in his 8yrs tenure?.

As for Sowore, the guy owns business in new york. It is very possible he is a funded tout. We have experienced western ppl funded citizens of foreign countries int heir country to destabilize their home countries. I am not saying the same is happening with Sowore but it is very highly possible. If there is level of sincerity in this si called revolution, they should start locally. But this way they are doing it by taking their vex to macro level is bound to fail.

Fed govt always fun state and local govts. Therefore, the first revolution must start with traditional rulers. Those Obas are nothing but fat ass embezzlers. What exactly are they doing in their palaces?. What exactly is their responsibilities to the people of their communities?. The local region are so bad and structurally and also cult infested. Take a look at Ijebu-Ode, this historic town is far worst than 20yrs ago yet they have traditional ruler sitting on his ass doing nothing. They have local govt chairmen just looting but they keep lying that federal govt gave them little to nothing. And then they have state govt who did substandard road that messed up within a week. Yet they are blaming Buhari.

Revolution must start from locally. Taking your anger and frustrations to federal govt is very silly. Even if they succeed and achieve thier aim, federal govt isnt gonna deal with them directly, They deal with traditional rulers, local and sate govt. And these aforementioned will mess up over again and you keep blaming federal govt. Start your protest from the scratch by probing obas, local govt authority and state authority. This is the way to go about it in my humble opinion.
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Twinmama(f): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
Getintouch2004:
Revolution is not something you wake up one morning and decide to do.
First send missiles to National Assembly when they are all in session. That place houses 80% of Nigeria problems.
Secondly, send missiles to state house when they will have their FEC MEETING.
Oga Sowore, Do these things and become the hero of our time.
Did you watch Designated Survivor?
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
What sort of thing is this?
Protests are carried out anywhere,anytime as long as it is a peaceful protest.
This is really uncalled for
Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by lytech1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Tina26:
Nigeria is beyond redemption. No point. Thank God my canada PR is almost due. Sowore the foolish fake activist. Kept his wife and kids in new york
Idiot
Did you even step out of your door step?
Talkless of participating?
Atleast,he make a bold step to do what you cant do.

2 Likes

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by engrchykae(m): 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
CreekCommando:
A lot of blood have been spilled on this land called Nigeria, with attendant injustices unresolved. Nothing good can happen in this country unless we return to square one to tell the truth and start from there. The vortex of confusion packaged by politicians both APC, PDP and others is unimaginable. RUGA will be in full force and the N2.2 billion earmarked for it is a bait to attract state governors. This will create spontaneous resistance from citizens and Nigeria may be gone therefrom. Solution is not #REVOLUTIONNOW; solution is SW, SE,SS and Benue coming together genuinely to think properly.
if we all start the revolution along the line the federal goat will promise southsouth 20%derivation promise the middlebelt 2023 presidency and promised the southwest finance and petroleum ministers and also promise to close down onne and every international airports in Nigeria except mma lagos.
then lagos ibadan media will release captions such Igbos,
the hidden hands behind the failed revolution
this igbo hate is the only unifying factor Nigeria share in common.
then their white masters from no:10 Downing street would do their part.

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
In my opinion, no protest and demand for change in Nigeria would ever materialize without UNITY amongst the different ethnic groups. Our diversity should have been a source of strength like in most other diverse countries but rather ours is a source of weakness, division and hatred. Those who have ruled the country realized that and have exploited the division and hatred to their own benefit thus leaving the masses impoverished.

1 Like

Re: 'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) by Danirose007(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
[quote author=onatisi post=80970202][/quote]you are a wise man... respect sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Refugees From Togo Spotted In Ikoyi This Morning (photos) / PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate / 2023 Presidential Candidates, Political Party And State Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.