Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,371 members, 7,971,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (16564 Views)

Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / . / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by xynerise: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2010
You gals in general are liability to guys grin
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by bodrin(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2010
its not bad tho, guys who gives money all the tym is insecure, lack manly confidence.

u need 2 care for your babe bt money shld not be the inn thin. i fit give anything as long as it pleases me.

poster u dey exploit ur guy cos ds questn sound absurd small?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Xadore: 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2010
It's not all guys who give money to their gfs. Sometimes it is the other way around. Only If I'm in serious need of money and my bf gives me I will collect and if he also needs money and I have,I would give him.I wouldn't collect money just like that preferably gifts.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Omolola1(f): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2010
Well, if the gurl really needs it, no qualms!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MrCork21: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2010
**for constant punnny supkly** tongue
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MrCork21: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2010
**supply**
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by bkbabe97y(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2010
If she's your gal, cool. who cares? U got it, splurge it. She act up, kick her to the curb and splurge on the next binch!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by zealot4me(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2010
its not bad accepting the money but its just some guys dnt give money wit one mind. the give u wit d intentions of collecting it back wit something else e.g dobodobo
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by zealot4me(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2010
its not bad accepting the money but its just some guys dnt give money wit one mind. they give u wit d intentions of collecting it back wit something else e.g dobodobo
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2010
skydeep:
I dont take cash from my man. I only accept gift. I am a working class dame.

Chineke, you no dey collect moni, na only gift you dey take. OLE!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2010
zealot4me:

its not bad accepting the money but its just some guys dnt give money wit one mind. they give u wit d intentions of collecting it back wit something else e.g dobodobo

So do you have a problem with demand and supply? A guy can give money without expecting anything in return if the recipient and he are just friends with no strings attached. However,even in a platonic relationship, or any kind of relationship, it is always give and take; always demanding or accepting money or gifts from a guy while giving him a peck on his cheek is no different from 419ing.

Honey, most women have made it clear that they will have nothing to do with you if you and a church rat are on the same level. Hence, our current situation.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by IgboGirl(f): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
why does it have to be guys giving money to their girlfriends? what about girlfriends giving money to their boyfriends? men aren't the only ones making money you know.
most women are now the bread winners of their homes while the men sit at home and watch tv/play video games all day.
some men are liabilities!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Rocktation(f): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2010
@OP- Are you serious?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by DonXavi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2010
I don't see anything wrong in giving money to ur Gf, when u know ur gf is not working and has no means of income u should give her money, there's no LOVE that does not express itself through giving, in turn if the guy is the one in need and his gf is well to do financially she should also help the guy as well. it shouldn't always be guys stuff to give.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by dobodobo(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2010
zealot4me:

its not bad accepting the money but its just some guys dnt give money wit one mind. the give u wit d intentions of collecting it back wit something else e.g dobodobo
see me see trouble, do you know how many girls I have given money and I have not receive anything in return? but I do not like giving the sexy because if I do, my heart won't let me rest and something like ask her for Bleep will be bothering me
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2010
googles:

If I need the money. . .I 'll collect it

better me than beer parlors and pepper soup joints anyway

The problem is whether I ned the money or not, he is constantly giving me money. He knows I dont buy jewelleris or I dont spend on myself that much. My hair product is even cheaper than anybody elses in Malaysia. shocked shocked shocked

xynerise:

You gals in general are liability to guys grin

I dont think so shocked

bodrin:

its not bad tho, guys who gives money all the tym is insecure, lack manly confidence.

u need 2 care for your babe bt money shld not be the inn thin. i fit give anything as long as it pleases me.

poster u dey exploit your guy cos ds questn sound absurd small?

So u think its good for a guy to give money all the time considering you mention that guys who gives money all the tym is insecure, lack manly confidence.What if iving money to me pleases him? I am not exploiting him in anyways. Im actually seeking for answers. Althought he said his own but his face does not look serious when he gave mne the answer. besides, if I rally wanna exploit him, I will post his name here and his picture!

Xadore:

It's not all guys who give money to their gfs. Sometimes it is the other way around. Only If I'm in serious need of money and my bf gives me I will collect and if he also needs money and I have,I would give him.I wouldn't collect money just like that preferably gifts.

But this one gives all the time naa. And when I give him money, he took it as an insult shocked shocked shocked

Omolola1:

Well, if the gurl really needs it, no qualms!

But I dont need it! embarassed lipsrsealed

Mr-Cork:

**for constant punnny supply** tongue

zealot4me:

Thats not true! He has never force me for sex ever! angry

bk.babe97y:

If she's your gal, cool. who cares? U got if, splurge it. She act up, kick her to the curb and splurge on the next binch!

OMG! U are mean! angry

omo_to_dun:

So do you have a problem with demand and supply? A guy can give money without expecting anything in return if the recipient and he are just friends with no strings attached. However,even in a platonic relationship, or any kind of relationship, it is always give and take; always demanding or accepting money or gifts from a guy while giving him a peck on his cheek is no different from 419ing.

Honey, most women have made it clear that they will have nothing to do with you if you and a church rat are on the same level. Hence, our current situation.

I dont believe in that! He has never asl anything from me. He has never forc me or requested me to do anything. Even food he go ask me wetin I want chop(well, that is if w go out to eat).

To me, Love is not about giving and taking. Love is about sacrificing for each other without calculating. That is love.

IgboGirl:

why does it have to be guys giving money to their girlfriends? what about girlfriends giving money to their boyfriends? men aren't the only ones making money you know.
most women are now the bread winners of their homes while the men sit at home and watch tv/play video games all day.
some men are liabilities!

I agree that men cannot always be the one giving money but I disagree with men not being the bread winner especially after he gets married cause when his wife is pregnant and giving birth, who will provide food on the table for the family?

Rocktation:

@OP- Are you serious?

What do you mean

Don Xavi:

I don't see anything wrong in giving money to your Gf, when u know your gf is not working and has no means of income u should give her money, there's no LOVE that does not express itself through giving, in turn if the guy is the one in need and his gf is well to do financially she should also help the guy as well. it shouldn't always be guys stuff to give.

But I am working and I am earning my own money. Why would I want more?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2010
cos guys believe in the law of focus(TM): think of it as a machine shooting tennis balls. as long as the tennis balls keep shooting at the player, she won't lose focus. she'll keep playing. she'll look elsewhere once the balls stop coming.

if you've never heard of the law of focus(TM), don't worry. i just invented it  tongue
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by 2sexy(m): 12:53am On Oct 19, 2010
Frankly speaking, giving money to a girl is not my priority any more and if you are giving any girl money, do it wisely especially if you are not sure of marrying her.

A lot of guys who give girls money hardly give to their fellow man when he needs help. This is VERY, VERY WRONG! and this is the trend in Nigeria!

A lot of guys who give out money to their GF do not even know if the girl is in love with them or the money, which is another rounds of foolishness. The wise thing to do is to invest your money for the future. Most of my Nigerian brothers go broke because they want show off to their Gf--foolishness with bliss! Most of this guys do not even know one thing about INVESTMENT, yet they want to be rich. They dream of becoming the next big guy in town. but do they know that money given to GF (WHO IS JUST A PASSER-BY) is worth multiple ROI in the future? NO. BIG TIME DUMMIES! Hence, future wife and children suffer because the head of the family only planned for GF but not for future wife and children.

When you give money to a girl or lady that you are dating, why are you doing it? Is it because you are dating her or because you know she needs it ? There is a difference between this two.

I used to give my ex money because I was trying to understand her situation and because I knew she needed it. But at one point, she started acting as if it is a must that I give her money because I am dating her and to me, I dont like it that way. this was because it makes me feel as if she is selling herself to me. But like I said, this is the trend in Nigeria.

And to most people who may not know 2sexy, I dont follow crowd. I dont allow them influence my decision , hence I dont give girl money because I am dating her. I will only give to girl whom I know would do the same for me.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by biola44: 1:35am On Oct 19, 2010
word wink
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 1:36am On Oct 19, 2010
iceblue:

cos guys believe in the law of focus(TM): think of it as a machine shooting tennis balls. as long as the tennis balls keep shooting at the player, she won't lose focus. she'll keep playing. she'll look elsewhere once the balls stop coming.

if you've never heard of the law of focus(TM), don't worry. i just invented it  tongue

Abeg! So u saying girls love money and not their bf?  angry Might as well they just become pr0st1tut35 dont you think so? Why be that low?  angry angry angry If someone prefer's a person money over them, that is not called love but that is called gold digging. I object to this klinda people at all cost!!!  angry angry angry

2sexy:

Frankly speaking, giving money to a girl is not my priority any more and if you are giving any girl money, do it wisely especially if you are not sure of marrying her.

if you dont intend to marry the girl, why date her in the start?  undecided

2sexy:

A lot of guys who give girls money hardly give to their fellow man when he needs help. This is VERY, VERY WRONG! and this is the trend in Nigeria!

That is true for some guys but not for some other guys. Im not sure if its a trend in Nigeria or not but however I know quite a number of Nigerian guys whom would go back to his family after he has made his cheese and buy for his family a house, a car and lands. So I dont think this applies to every guy in Nigeria

2sexy:

A lot of guys who give out money to their GF do not even know if the girl is in love with them or the money, which is another rounds of foolishness.

If he is not sure whether she loves him for him or his money, likes I said earlier, why date her? This is the problem about relationships. Relationships will never work when both has doubts about each other and they keep it to themselves without confronting one another. Whats the point really? undecided

2sexy:

Most of my Nigerian brothers go broke because they want show off to their Gf--foolishness with bliss! Most of this guys do not even know one thing about INVESTMENT, yet they want to be rich. They dream of becoming the next big guy in town. but do they know that money given to GF (WHO IS JUST A PASSER-BY) is worth multiple ROI in the future? NO. BIG TIME DUMMIES! Hence, future wife and children suffer because the head of the family only planned for GF but not for future wife and children.

Well, its not just in Nigeria. Even in other countries, we have guys behaving that way. Thats called immaturity and flexing temporarily. When they are broke, thats when they realize no one apart from their own family will be at their side. My bf always tells me to remind him of the words I gave to him the first time we dated. I specifically told him no matter what happens and no matter what he becomes today, tommorow or in the future, he must always remember where he originally comes from and who is his parents and family. At times, a man can run out of his league when he is rich and well off but its the duty of the gf/partner/wife to remind him of this. He can flex, yes he can but he must always remember of others that have struggled for him before he starts flexing around.

2sexy:

but do they know that money given to GF (WHO IS JUST A PASSER-BY) is worth multiple ROI in the future? NO. BIG TIME DUMMIES! Hence, future wife and children suffer because the head of the family only planned for GF but not for future wife and children.

Hey! Passerby ke? U are wrong!!! How is a man going to meet his wife when he hasnt meet his gf?  undecided And abeg! Im not a passerby! I love him too much to be known as a passerby!  angry angry angry

2sexy:

When you give money to a girl or lady that you are dating, why are you doing it? Is it because you are dating her or because you know she needs it ? There is a difference between this two. I used to give my ex money because I was trying to understand her situation and because I knew she needed it. But at one point, she started acting as if it is a must that I give her money because I am dating her and to me, I dont like it that way. this was because it makes me feel as if she is selling herself to me. But like I said, this is the trend in Nigeria.

Well, maybe because you made it seem like it was so easy for you to get your money and maybe because she has been spoiled by you. . . You should instead make her know that money is not easy for you to get and you would appreciate if she understands you and dont misuse the money.

2sexy:

And to most people who may not know 2sexy, I dont follow crowd. I dont allow them influence my decision , hence I dont give girl money because I am dating her. I will only give to girl whom I know would do the same for me.

Ok ooo.  I hear ya.  sad

2sexy:

Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 19, 2010
Actually Giving is never a big issue for me as long as it's not made as if it's my Right to give.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by nellaluv(f): 3:03am On Oct 19, 2010
If your boyfriend is Nigerian, it's a Nigerian thing, you won't understand grin .
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Tinksh(f): 3:16am On Oct 19, 2010
I dont get it and never will. I have always paid my own way. My ex asked me for money but never gave it cos he says he is always broke. I moved into my parents house cos i have to save for a car as mine died and he still asked me for ticket money to come see me. I was offended as all i work hard for is for my son and providing for us. So i have no idea about all this 'guys paying for everything and girls taking everything'

nellaluv:

If your boyfriend is Nigerian, it's a Nigerian thing, you won't understand grin .

My previous was a nigerian and in two years i got one birthday gift. I was grateful for that but no other gifts or money as you guys talk about. I think its all a make believe dream.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 3:24am On Oct 19, 2010
pc guru:

Actually Giving is never a big issue for me as long as it's not made as if it's my Right to give.

Have you ever given your gf so much money and when she told u to stop you just kept giving?

nellaluv:

Really? undecided

Tink_sh:

I dont get it and never will. I have always paid my own way. My ex asked me for money but never gave it cos he says he is always broke. I moved into my parents house cos i have to save for a car as mine died and he still asked me for ticket money to come see me. I was offended as all i work hard for is for my son and providing for us. So i have no idea about all this 'guys paying for everything and girls taking everything'

My previous was a nigerian and in two years i got one birthday gift. I was grateful for that but no other gifts or money as you guys talk about. I think its all a make believe dream.

Is your ex a Nigerian?
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Tinksh(f): 3:32am On Oct 19, 2010
Yes, he is. The one and only guy i have ever dated outside of my fellow white guys, hehe!!

Ms. Potato, can you slip back into his wallet when he is asleep or in the shower? Maybe set up another account just for the money he gives you then if you get married it will be a nice surprise and spend it on a honeymoon or something for both of you.

I wish i had your problem though, hehe!! Just kidding, im too independent as well.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 3:40am On Oct 19, 2010
Tink_sh:

Yes, he is. The one and only guy i have ever dated outside of my fellow white guys, hehe!!

Ohhhhh!!!! shocked shocked shocked Was it the guy where you mention before he had went to school and he had some communicatio barrier or some sort due to his busy schedule? shocked I hope you both are still together sad

Tink_sh:

Ms. Potato, can you slip back into his wallet when he is asleep or in the shower? Maybe set up another account just for the money he gives you then if you get married it will be a nice surprise and spend it on a honeymoon or something for both of you.

LOL! Yes, Ive done that many times and he found out and find sneaky ways to even give me more money. Well, at times Im so proud of myself for moving really fast. Like recently he ask me if we should change to a different area to stay as he thinks its not safe the place we currently stayed at and I agreed. The next day he got the new place and we both went and look at it and I was happy and satisfied as the place was sooo damn beautiful! So in the afternoon he told me that he would go do some work and than to school and the next day he would go buy furnitures. So I took the opportunity to buy all the furnitures that day using the money he gave me!! HAHA! grin grin grin grin grin I have opened a seperate bank acct and whenever he gives me the money, I would bank it there. The only thing I could do is save that money incase if he needs it for emergency purposes. But I just dont like the thought of him giving me money all the time. He always sends his family money . . . That I dont mind cause its his parents and siblings but Im his gf. Im not his wife. Dont understand why he keeps giving and giving and when I gave him some, he took it offensively. . . sad cry
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Tinksh(f): 3:44am On Oct 19, 2010
Good for you. I like the buying furniture part, hehe!! Good thinking. I really have no idea how you stop him. He seems to be doing it with the right heart and cos he wants to give to you cos he loves you so much. I understand how you feel that you dont want him to feel he has to give it to you and you dont 'need' him to give it to you. Someone may have to compromise here and it may have to be you. Just keep stashing it away.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by MsPotato(f): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2010
Tink_sh:

Good for you. I like the buying furniture part, hehe!! Good thinking. I really have no idea how you stop him. He seems to be doing it with the right heart and cos he wants to give to you cos he loves you so much. I understand how you feel that you dont want him to feel he has to give it to you and you dont 'need' him to give it to you. Someone may have to compromise here and it may have to be you. Just keep stashing it away.

U mean keep taking his money and keeping it? I mean seems to me that might be the only choice I have considering he is very very stubborn. . . But you know I honestly feel cheap when he does that. You see, where I come from, the females in my family are all independant women. We work for our own money, we work to support our family and we dont take a dime from anyone. Thats how it is. My mother always tells me that if I depend on my husband for money, that means Im a failure and a looser. She tells me that as a woman in todays century, we must stand on our own two feet no matter what and we must strive on the harships of life. Cause one day if lets say our husbands are gone, who will than take care of us and our children? We must be independant no matter what!
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by degubi(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2010
Its important that a guy gives money to his girlfriend if she is in need of financial support. Except you are married to her its better not to dole out cash as if you are her personal ATM machine, you end up spoiling her, she will not learn to be independent minded and to meet her own needs and the day you do not have it will be hard for her to understand.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by buccaneer7(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2010
POTATO YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING, HE IS GIVING YOU MONEY NOW AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING. THE DAY HE GETS BANKRUPT AND HE ASK YOU FOR MONEY MAKE SURE YOU DELIVER HIM AS MANY TIME AS NECCESARY OOOOoooo,
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Tinksh(f): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2010
I just meant that he is going to keep giving it to you out of a right heart motive so maybe all you can do is keep putting it in the bank for you both . I do understand your stand on this and its good for you to be strong like that. I would assume you have spoken to him about how it makes you feel and i also feel that he is doing it out of love, so its tricky cos you are both right. Its a tricky place to be in for you both. I am sure there is a compromise somewhere.
Re: Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2010
@ poster, because u are so broke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wish 5 Romancelander A Happy New Month / #willyoudie Tag And Question / What Are Some Creative Ways To Say 'i Love You'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.