Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,844 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore (18402 Views)

Don Jazzy Speaks Tough On The Detention Of Sowore / Nigerians Hails Rapper Falz, Calls Him New Fela After Dropping 'talk' Video / Falz Calls Out Radio Stations For Censoring "You Go Chop Banana" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by CuriousMynd: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2019
Rapper, Falz, has called for the immediate release of convener of the Revolution Movement, Omoyele Sowore.

In an Instagram post on Monday, the 28-year-old challenged the government to listen to the voice of the masses rather than arrest anyone, Igbere TV reports.

He also added that planning a protest was not in anyway an act of treason.

Mr Sowore, a former presidential candidate, was arrested by the Department of State Security (DSS) on Saturday, two days before the commencement of the RevolutionNow protests.

According to Sahara Reporters which Sowore is a publisher of, he was visited on Monday evening by members of the ‘Take It Back’, another movement which is also aimed at championing the course for a better country.
Sowore was quoted saying: “I am pleased that the peaceful #RevolutionNow protests went ahead.”
He also called for the release of all who were arrested during the protests.
“Knowledge of the sheer number of innocent Nigerians being arrested for exercising their civil rights bothers me.
“I join others in demanding for the immediate and unconditional release of all those arrested by the police on Monday,” he said.
Sahara Reporters said Sowore was met in good health

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/876625/popular-rapper-falz-the-bahd-guy-calls-for-immediate-release-of-sowore/

5 Likes

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by majamajic(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2019
this protest for make more progress if it was on Saturday

Naija no dey joke with Monday work

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by pelkad1290(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2019
Oh my Nigeria
Other countries will stage a peaceful protest and the govt will ascertain and a dress the issue

But here in my beloved country you get beaten for speaking up

16 Likes

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Lordave: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2019
Just watch as Wastern Zombies will insult falz and his father.

Disgusting people, they even insulted Soyinka for saying the same thing.

These people do not mind presenting their fathers' head to Buhari just so they can dream more of their 2023 Osunbade utopian presidency.

Despicable sets of idiots.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by DonBenny77(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2019
Wike is a brainless individual

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by thesicilian: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2019
Lordave:

These people do not mind presenting their fathers' head to Buhari just so they can dream more of their 2023 Osunbade utopian presidency.

Do you know you can air your opinion without insulting anyone?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Lordave: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2019
thesicilian:

Do you know you can air your opinion without insulting anyone?
I insulted those who insulted Soyinka, I don't think you're one of them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Alzirida(f): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hmmm

Type "can I touch your"....
Let ur keyboard expose u
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by oluwasegun007(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
The protest would have been beautiful if the word revolution was not used..

No government would permit revolution.

Revolution happen naturally, you don't have to name it one

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Jayslicky: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falz you know all this things are not possible you even said it in your song.

This is Nigeria lyrics answers it all

Extremely Poor. The medical facilities are poor. We operate a predatory, neocolonial capitalist system, which is founded on fraud and exploitation and therefore you are bound to have corruption. Many criminal cases are settled in police station.

Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo
Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo
Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo

This is Nigeria
Look how I'm living now
Look how I'm living now
Everybody be criminal
This is Nigeria
Look how we living now
Look what we eating now
Everybody be criminal

This is Nigeria
Just because I'm on TV now
Person wey get no work
Is checking to see
If my watch is original
This is Nigeria
Wey da Madam Philomena
Money vanish from your office
36 million
You talk say na animal
This is Nigeria
Never end the recession o
When looter and killers and stealers are still contesting election o
Politicians wey thief some billions and billion no dey go prison o
Police station dey close by 6
Security reason o

(Babaa, oche o, Babaa, Oche o Babaa)
My brothers and sisters I want you to put your hands up right now because your miracle is coming this week. If you believe let me hear you say Amen.

This is Nigeria
Praise and worship we singing now
Pastor put his hands on the breast of his members
He's pulling the demons out
This is Nigeria
No electricity daily o
Your people are still working multiple jobs
And they talk say we lazy o
This Is Nigeria
There is plenty Wahala sha
Fulani Herdsmen still they slaughter
Carry people they massacre
This is Nigeria
Works in my area
This is democracy
Political hysteria
Yahoo yahoo don't tear everywhere
Now we act like it's so cool
Casting the P being castigated just by trying to noble
This is Nigeria
Look at my nation o
SARS stop me for road any explanation you go talk am for station o

(Sir am, Sir look am sorry, am just a student. Am a student of the University of Lagos. We are just coming from the club. Ok so my friend and I. No sir I had my ID to prove.)

Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo
Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo
Ehee, Ehee Ehee ee ewo

This is Nigeria
Look how I'm living now
Look how I'm living now
Everybody be criminal
This is Nigeria
Look how we living now
Look what we eating now
Everybody be criminal

(This is breaking, transmission of ah, transmission eh, transmission.)

But what happens everyday is that, the system has allowed it. For instance there is no law that allows you to take money from the church, invest in business, and privatize it. No. It is only in Nigeria were you can take money from the church, money contributed by poor congregation members. You go and set up a university that the members cannot attend. Cannot send their children to. It's against the rule and the law of God. It's against the constitution.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by nonye6194: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
That's the difference between a Democrat and a Dictator. Sowore led series of protests during GEJ tenure and wasn't laid a finger on throughout GEJ 6 years in power. The Same PMB they plotted with is now the one showing him pepper dem gang with DSS grin

What a time to be alive and witness karma.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by anyimontana(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
For ur mind..

He should be locked up,aren't u the one that said that everyone is a criminal in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by lyriclekidd(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falz for the masses. Watch as no celeb would talk about this..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by 01mcfadden(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
The bad guy. Thanks Falz.
But the BBQ girl (Lauretta Onochie) thinks otherwise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Opinedecandid(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
All of you should join forces.

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by wwwtortoise(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
cool

I am indifferent on this.

Sowore is was part of the buhari movement until the ship of misfortune left him behind.

Now he is crying foul.

I gat no f*cks to give biko. Call me stingy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by BlackfireX: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Will you keep kwayet
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Is like falz head is paining him. No Appointment for your father Falana in the APC government. So you can do wail anyhow you like

3 Likes

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
This one pass falz biko.

I wanted to support but our umu-nna said we shouldn't that its a Yoruba struggle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by hisexcellency34: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
We dont have anyone like Fela again
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by lyriclekidd(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falz for the masses, watch as no celeb would say anything about this issue.
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by BroadStreetBull(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
Oya Falz goan release him na.

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by IMASTEX: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
We they hear
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by BroadStreetBull(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
oluwasegun007:
The protest would have been beautiful if the word revolution was not used..

No government would permit revolution.

Revolution happen naturally, you don't have to name it one
I also think that the government did not act smartly.

The FG should have just allowed the protest/revolution to go on and then wait patiently for the miscreants among the crowd to start misbehaving. And trust me there are always unruly elements in every protest in Nigeria.

And once they start blocking roads and disrupting the activities of citizens who don't want anything to do with the protest/ revolution,

The security guys would then take the chance and deal ruthlessly with the protesters/ revolutionists.

You can protest but don't

Block roads
Interrupt markets and businesses
Cause hold ups
Burn tyre/property
Fight

The government should have just set a bait and dealt ruthlessly with these election losers.

3 Likes

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by LegendHero(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lordave:

The Igbos are truly the most confused people on earth.

You said his revolution is Yoruba revolution!
You said Buhari should deal with him!
Falz want him released you still gloat!
Some Yoruba supported the protest you still wail!
Some Yoruba opposed the protest you still gloat!
You said you’re revenging the stance of Yoruba on IPOB!

What do you guys actually want coz it seems you are confused. You hate Buhari, you don’t love what Sowore does, can you sight the confusion?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Iruobean(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
DonBenny77:
Wike is a brainless individual
Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by TheDestroyer: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Some biafuro dimwits really think this whole thing is a Yoruba struggle grin grin grin. I laugh, if anything the failure of this revolutionnow just emboldened the authorities to do whatever they want, arrest whoever says sh*t and get away with it. But what can one expect from children of hate whose minds have been clouded by hate and tribalism? Buhari carry go jare arrest and kidnap anybody papa wey talk nonsense, I go dey hail una from outside Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by Biritiko: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by ednut1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
See as celebs kept shut. Nice on falz. But when it was busola dakolo matter we no hear word. People like banky wey contest laat elections self mute grin

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by pyro62(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falz Oya talk am o!

1 Like

Re: Falz Calls For Immediate Release Of Sowore by MNDY(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falz calls it protest march when really Revolution is what it is named and intended. The federal government is just taking such name Revolution very serious. FG no for play with protest talkless of Revolution.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Actor Akin Ogungbe Is Dead / Freeze Blasts Kiibati Again: "You Are Both A Pathetic And A Pathological Liar" / Rema Shares Photo With DJ Neptune Days After Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.