Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,225 members, 7,913,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:57 AM

You Won't Believe This ! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Won't Believe This ! (1729 Views)

I Couldn't Believe This At First. Nigerians Are Really Advancing. I Love This / Scammer! Scammer!! Scammer!!! You Can't Believe This / You Wont Believe This (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Won't Believe This ! by bayedero(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2010
I met a guy today and was amazed by the content of his CV.

School attended:
University of Lagos BSc( Hons) Finance      -First Class
Oxford Brookes University BSc( Hons) Applied Accounting (2.1)
Yaba college of Technology HND Computer Technology Distinction
University of Lagos  MSc Finance

Professional Qualifications:
CFA, USA
ACCA, UK
ACMA,UK
ADIT,UK
ACMA, Australia
ACGA, Canada
ACA, Nigeria
CAT, UK
MAAT, UK
AIIS,UK

His name: Oluwafemi ********Msc, Bsc(Hons),HND,CFA,ACCA,ACMA,ADIT,ACMA,ACGA,ACA,CAT,MAAT,AIIS

The interesting part is; his just 23year old. how possible is this ?
please comment.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2010
U want us to believe this? The arrangement is wrong Hnb,bsc,Msc then the professional qualification should have been the correct order
bayedero:

I met a guy today and was amazed by the content of his CV.

School attended:
University of Lagos BSc( Hons) Finance      -First Class
Oxford Brookes University BSc( Hons) Applied Accounting (2.1)
Yaba college of Technology HND Computer Technology Distinction
University of Lagos  MSc Finance

Professional Qualifications:
CFA, USA
ACCA, UK
ACMA,UK
ADIT,UK
ACMA, Australia
ACGA, Canada
ACA, Nigeria
CAT, UK
MAAT, UK
AIIS,UK

His name: Oluwafemi ********Msc, Bsc(Hons),HND,CFA,ACCA,ACMA,ADIT,ACMA,ACGA,ACA,CAT,MAAT,AIIS

The interesting part is; his just 23year old. how possible is this ?
please comment.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by hapigirl: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2010
He had a mentor and was advised rightly.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by hapigirl: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
I have searched both online and offline, written numerous aptitude tests and had several interview sessions, but nothing. Life really is a mystery, because when others are seriously roaming the streets some already have the best jobs. Life is unfair on its own. I am a microbiologist and seriously need advice on the next step to take in life, cos i just discovered that there is nothing 4 a microbiologist in Nigeria.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by candylips(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2010
the CFA and ACCA part is definately a lie.

to be fully qualified in any of these he will require about 4 - 5 yrs work verifiable experience

at 23 yrs that is probably not possible.

don't be fooled
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by AjanleKoko: 9:21am On Nov 01, 2010
candylips:

the CFA and ACCA part is definately a lie.

to be fully qualified in any of these he will require about 4 - 5 yrs work verifiable experience

at 23 yrs that is probably not possible.

don't be fooled

Very true.
You need at least three to five years post-uni to write CFA anyway. ACCA even for the brightest will take at least 2 years. He would have had to be writing these exams since finishing secondary school. ACCA maybe but definitely not CFA.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by Odunnu: 10:34am On Nov 02, 2010
Poster,its good to dream big!
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by yodiyokun(f): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
That a boat load of poo!!!, There's only CGA or CA or CMA in Canada, and you can't get those except you live here, you have to be physically in Canada to sit for the exam.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by tunnytox(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin
That CV na lie! as some contributors has stated some of these qualification especially foreign ones could not be achieved without being physicaly present in those countries.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by tunnytox(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
hapigirl:

I have searched both online and offline, written numerous aptitude tests and had several interview sessions, but nothing. Life really is a mystery, because when others are seriously roaming the streets some already have the best jobs. Life is unfair on its own. I am a microbiologist and seriously need advice on the next step to take in life, cos i just discovered that there is nothing 4 a microbiologist in Nigeria.

Please don't be discouraged I understand that Nigeria do not offer so much for science graduates but I believe if you don't give up you'll achieve your aim of getting a good job. However, if I may advise you I will say that if you have some financial means of relocating to the UK you'll soon start to appreciate your career choice because there are plenty of opportunites for people like you in the UK.
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by candylips(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
is it the same uk
Re: You Won't Believe This ! by tunnytox(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
candylips:

is it the same uk

yes! the same UK all you need is to be focussed and retrained yourself if necessary

(1) (Reply)

Doctors: Where Can I Do My House Job? / Closed / Masters If Science In Public Health(msph)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.