Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,390 members, 7,947,646 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

Two Meals A Day - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Two Meals A Day (3678 Views)

[deleted] / Is 3 Meals A Day Really COMPULSORY? / Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Meals A Day by luap: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2010
For the last three months I have switched from a three meals a day to two meals a day. It was very hard at first and I would get night cravings. At times I would give in and eat a mid-night snack. Eventually those craving disappeared and two meals per day is more than adequate to sustain me.

I have to admit, I did lose 10 pounds, I wasn't trying to lose weight. I just got tired of failing to eat a healthy breakfast. Usually for me breakfast consist of a pop tart and coffee or sugar glazed doughnuts, McDonald's or some other junk. So I gave it up breakfast for brunch. The result, my cholesterol is down and I feel a lot better, less guilt of eating the morning grunge.

Anyone else try a two meal or one meal a day plan?

I met someone from India that said they used to eat one meal per day. Now they eat three(USA), and he is thinking of going back to the one per day.
Re: Two Meals A Day by InkedNerd(f): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2010
Although I love food,  I usually eat two meals as well. I've been doing it for years now but I don't think I've lost any weight undecided not that I was trying to though. I've been the same size for years now. Sometimes I might snack on some things here and there but for the most part its two meals. There are some days where I'll eat more than 3 meals a day but those are rare. My breakfast usually consists of oatmeal with a sliced banana [or any other fruit] or just plain oatmeal then a slice of whole grain bread.
Re: Two Meals A Day by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
Same here OP. I don't necessarily watch what I eat. I eat smaller portions. I lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks without exercising lol, and still the pounds are coming off so I don't think I'll stop it. I'm more cautious of what I eat but I don't cut things out. I still eat cake, pie, cookies, all that jazz lol, but less.

I also drink water and water only. I think that has also helped. Even after sleeping only 2 or 3 hours, I have energy smiley
Re: Two Meals A Day by InkedNerd(f): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2010
ogugua88, try making you own juices. I have two juicers here so I use 'em to make juice. Hmmm, everyone's losing weight except me.
Re: Two Meals A Day by naijadiva2(f): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2010
2 meals a day?  shocked

just made me hungry by reading that lol. but if it works for u then thats good. as for me no way.

im not overly cautious of what i eat but i am careful and i too drink lots of water, no soda except dr pepper (rarely), not really a juice person either, i just love water and thats all i drink.
Re: Two Meals A Day by MissyB3(f): 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2010
1, 2 meal(s) a day? I wish!

I eat more than thrice a day. It's a new habit I find difficult to drop.
Re: Two Meals A Day by InkedNerd(f): 4:49am On Oct 19, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Lmao, when I was a little kid I used to eat like crazy. My parents used to laugh when people ask them how I can eat so much and not get big. I still eat the same things, just in moderation and not in the same amount as when I was small.
Re: Two Meals A Day by bkbabe97y(m): 6:35am On Oct 19, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Lmao, when I was a little kid I used to eat like crazy. My parents used to laugh when people ask them how I can eat so much and not get big. I still eat the same things, just in moderation and not in the same amount as when I was small.

So, now u ended up fat, huh? tongue wink
Re: Two Meals A Day by InkedNerd(f): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

So, now u ended up fat, huh? tongue wink

Doofus when I said small I meant when I was a little kid.
Re: Two Meals A Day by snthesis(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2010
Missy ★ B:

u 'll also find the additional pounds of fat hard to drop! grin grin grin tongue tongue

i eat only wen am hungry--3,4,5,, times a day
Re: Two Meals A Day by iice(f): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2010
Rarely do eat twice a day, but it happens. I kinda eat alot lipsrsealed
Re: Two Meals A Day by MissyB3(f): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

On the contrary, until the beginning of this year, I was never a fan of food.
My parents always complained. It's a wonder how the situation changed all of a suddden.
I eat a lot these days. grin Now, my mum even complains I eat too much and at times, says I'm trying to make up for the years I ate very little.  grin
Werrin concern me?  As long as I'm healthy and no flabs. grin

snthesis:

u 'll also find the additional pounds of fat hard to drop! grin grin grin tongue tongue

i eat only wen am hungry--3,4,5,, times a day
Lol.  The beauty of being Missy- Eat all you want and still retain that shape. cheesy wink

3,4,5 times? shocked Lemme inform you that, the day I notice a potbelly, I'll shoot you before I complain.  angry
Re: Two Meals A Day by bkbabe97y(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Doofus when I said small I meant when I was a little kid.

Duh? Lol. I knew that!
Re: Two Meals A Day by snthesis(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Lol.  The beauty of being Missy- Eat all you want and still retain that shape. cheesy wink

ar u saying u r alredi a fat/ overbloated black woman (no ofiense)
Re: Two Meals A Day by MissyB3(f): 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
Your problem don pass a curable stage. MOBO44 and Mr cork are your role models? ah! grin
''Black woman'' . . .''No ofiense''. Lmao!  grin grin

Back to question . . .Erhmm Ehrmm, I think you can answer that. Considering the fact that we were together last night. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Two Meals A Day by snthesis(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^shiiiiiiiii. . . . . haba! shocked . . . u wan make wify hear wetin happen ni cool

i've had 2.5 meals 2day, 3+ to go grin grin
Re: Two Meals A Day by MissyB3(f): 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
Oops! Forgot it's meant to be a secret.  embarassed
Well, why don'tcha help me shut up by coming over tonight. wink wink

Your gifs are crazy.  grin  grin
Re: Two Meals A Day by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

ogugua88, try making you own juices. I have two juicers here so I use 'em to make juice. Hmmm, everyone's losing weight except me.

I used to make my own smoothies and juices. I like drinking them for breakfast, but I work very early in the mornings lol. I don't like waking them so I dropped that habit since sad

When I did, I felt amazing though. The fresh fruits and veggies gave me energy smiley
Re: Two Meals A Day by InkedNerd(f): 6:17am On Oct 22, 2010
Missy ★ B:

On the contrary, until the beginning of this year, I was never a fan of food.
My parents always complained. It's a wonder how the situation changed all of a suddden.
I eat a lot these days. grin Now, my mum even complains I eat too much and at times, says I'm trying to make up for the years I ate very little.  grin
Werrin concern me?  As long as I'm healthy and no flabs. grin

3,4,5 times? shocked Lemme inform you that, the day I notice a potbelly, I'll shoot you before I complain.  angry

lol lol, my parents complain as well. One day its you eat too little, the next say they'll say I eat to much. I've gotten to the point where I just shrug them off. And do whatever I feel is best for my body.

ogugua88:

I used to make my own smoothies and juices. I like drinking them for breakfast, but I work very early in the mornings lol. I don't like waking them so I dropped that habit since sad

When I did, I felt amazing though. The fresh fruits and veggies gave me energy smiley

I don't make juices ad much as I did before but I do still make smoothies. I have some sittin' in the fridge right now?
Re: Two Meals A Day by meyri: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2010
I unintentionally eat one to two meals a day. I get so busy and rarely have the time to eat. And I hate to buy food outside. So I usually wait to I get home then have a meal or two depending on the time. Fortunately I walk back and forth to work wish helps me keep the weight off.

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of OAT / Send Cakes, Flowers & Gifts To Lagos, Nigeria / How Do I Preserve My Raw Tomatoes Without a Refrigerator? (please Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.