Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,845 members, 7,915,431 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' (24332 Views)

If She Calls Her Male Friend To Take Her Home After A Date / When She Calls Out Your Bestfriend's Name During Sex / She Calls HIM By Her Ex’s Name Even During Sex! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by princekevo(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2010
Abeg leave story. If you indeed really like her you can propose to to her, after all she is above 18.
That is not new to a well trained girl who shows a sign of respect to her elders by calling them Uncle and not by their name. Once you start dating her, you both will become equal and the uncle will suddenly disappear from her mouth. I mean the day she discover that even at the age difference she can withstand your big stick, the uncle will disappear, she will then start calling you by your name.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by jeebeewell: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2010
@ poster, Calling you uncle does not really mean you are too old for her.
It is simply a sign of respect for you.
You should approach her and unveil your motive to her instead of dying in silence.
You said she is a graduate, definitely she should have concrete plan on settling down or meaningful relationship for herself.
GUY, THERE IS NO HARM IN TRYING

[size=8pt][size=8pt]WILL YOU STOP COMPLAINING AND MOVE TO APPROACH HER[/size][/size]
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by maxtop(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2010
@ Poster, go ahead and let her know how you feel about her, who knows she might have the same feelings for you. If only you want to have a serious relationship with her and not the usual "chop and clean mouth" tactics. i do not think age is a barrier when it comes to a sensitive matter as affection and love. There is no harm in trying. Best of luck !!! cheesy
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2010
@4llerbuntu I wanted to quote you from your response to me but couldnt. I just simply wanted to say AMEN, I go die

Now can somebody please tell me how do I quote anyone from the back pages of a thread
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Ranoscky(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2010
A gurl above 18 is RIPE for marraige (dependin on her level of maturity). And age has nottin to do with it cos some married women are 25 to 30 but stil cannot handle the responsibility of a house wife !!!
The "Uncle" of a thing she calls you is just a sign of respect for you and nottin else. Maybe she herself is also interested in the relationship but couldn't show some feelins due to the respect she had for you (expectin you to make the first move). I believe if you make up a date wit her and express your feelings (at first, she myt play kinda strange feelin but thatz the normal thing for gurls, tryin not  be a cheap catch), I believe she'll agree !!!

Just like they says, 'No harm in tryin'. What will be, will be! If she says no, then fine! If she says yes, Fine too! The most important in all is to make a move first, then whatever the outcome may be, just sweep it under the rug, and call it one of those things that happens in life. But the earlier, the better cos, there'r som other aged guys like you that ain't gat time to seek for advice before makin move for her !!!  

Best of luck !!!
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2010
malaika:

Never underestimate how sly young ladies are, she could be calling him uncle to put him off her scent grin
I know I used to do that when some older looking man (esp a church brother looking for a wife) started showing interest in me, then I'd exxaggerate the respect and call them uncle just to put them off grin

LOL!!! Tell me about it. The trick always worked wonders without fail.

Lets assume the girl is not trying to put the brother off then? What do you make of this, or what advice do you have for this guy.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2010
Ranoscky:

A gurl above 18 is RIPE for marraige (dependin on her level of maturity). And age has nottin to do with it cos [b]some married women are 25 to 30 but stil cannot handle the responsibility of a house wife !!![/b]
The "Uncle" of a thing she calls you is just a sign of respect for you and nottin else. Maybe she herself is also interested in the relationship but couldn't show some feelins due to the respect she had for you (expectin you to make the first move). I believe if you make up a date wit her and express your feelings (at first, she myt play kinda strange feelin but thatz the normal thing for gurls, tryin not  be a cheap catch), I believe she'll agree !!!

Just like they says, 'No harm in tryin'. What will be, will be! If she says no, then fine! If she says yes, Fine too! The most important in all is to make a move first, then whatever the outcome may be, just sweep it under the rug, and call it one of those things that happens in life. But the earlier, the better cos, there'r som other aged guys like you that ain't gat time to seek for advice before makin move for her !!! 

Best of luck !!!

AMEN!!! once more at emboldment
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2010
Kgdavid:

i see a lot of trigger happy ignorant people here. poster clearly spelt out the situation. Girl is 20. is a graduate and he wants to marry her. the only possible problem is the age gap which really is not so bad. the choice lies with the girl. poster use tact to approach the issue with her

Can you tell us where and when has this girl lived?? Use your imagination.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by agitator: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2010
SA Lady:

Now can somebody please tell me how do I quote anyone from the back pages of a thread

click on the person's username - this takes you to view profile page of the username - at the buttom click Show The Last Posts Of These Person - you will now be in another page "Latest Posts Of: Bleep (Bleep=SA Lady, dobodobo, etc) then scroll through and when you see the post you want - click "QUOTE" it will quotes the text and takes you to the topic - Type your reply as usual and click reply.

Hope these helps you cool
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by nkilirox(f): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
What can you possibly have in common with a 20yr old girl? Other than sex that is.  You're of different generations and that is a bigger issue than her calling you uncle. If you marry her now and she hits 25/26 and realizes what life really is about she will find her square root
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by malaika(f): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
:/
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by ziccoit: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2010
agitator:

click on the person's username - this takes you to view profile page of the username - at the buttom click Show The Last Posts Of These Person - you will now be in another page "Latest Posts Of: Bleep (Bleep=SA Lady, dobodobo, etc) then scroll through and when you see the post you want - click "QUOTE" it will quotes the text and takes you to the topic - Type your reply as usual and click reply.

Hope these helps you  cool

Thumb up.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Creamish(f): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
Age is nuttn but a number . . .im sure some celebs will gladly school u on dat issue. I'd say u shuld go ahead if u love her and she is mature enff to know what she wants and is getting herself into. wink
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2010
:Pstop barking at him and take a good look at our parents,its of no use go after old ladies of his age that have rompled and frolicked 4 a long tyme. Most 20 years old in skul prefer older guys to date.anyone angry is either married to an old meat,an old lady,ugly and old or too old to be loved.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by DonXavi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2010
Guy make a sharp sharp move to the gurl immediately and stop listening to all these haters out here trying to discourage you before another person double crosses you in that move, don't be surprise that if you still waste more time to unveil your feelings to her the next thing you'll hear is that she's getting married, how will you feel then? NOTE: When going please go along with two baskets, one for respect and the other for the unexpected ( u know now)
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
ziccoit:

Thumb up.

TWO Thums up!!!!!!!, Thanks @agitator.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by SALady(f): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
malaika:

Well the guy will never know unless he talks to the girl. He could jokingly tell her to stop calling him uncle, 'don't you know you're my wife-to-be?' and wait to see her reaction. If she seems receptive they might chat further but if she's grossed out then tough luck. A 20yr old has no business dating 33yr old imo, she is barely out of her teens. If she was 25 and above, that would be a different story, more maturity etc

My point exactly. I mean for crying out loud there's a whole decade between the two.

And as you put it maybe if the girl was 25 or more.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by hackney(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2010
When you eventually tap that a.rs.e you ask her:
WHO'S THE DADDY NOW?.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by chines4(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Poster

Don't tell me that u have not talked to her. Just tell us did she agree or not?
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Kelreal247: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2010
Get ur mind crossed and go for her
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by engope1: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2010
I beleive  wen luv is involved, age is no barrier. wat matters most is ur ability 2 let her know & understand how much u luv her.
but d best idea is 4u 2 let her know your mind first, lets know her reaction to ur proposal. den we'll know d next step. GD LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Gtitan: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Honestly the answer to the poster situation is not so complex actually, it is really simple. If you love her go ahead and marry her or date her or whatever, just as long as you are honest with your intentions. However, please get her to stop calling you uncle, even if it is out of respect, she can give you all the respect you deserve without her calling you uncle.

The facts here are really simple if you asked me. You can't be nearly old enough to be her father ( no unless you were an irresponsible prick when you where 10 years old LOL!!!) so that rules out those rather those unnecessary pictures posted by people who haven't really studied the facts in your post. Secondly the discussion about the girl being a child or too young would only matter if we were referring to a child ( 8years - 12years), a teenager (13years - 15 years), a mature teenager ( 16years - 17 years) or even a young adult (18years). No, in this case we are talking about an adult who has even had the experience of a university and hence if full aware of the responsibilities of dating. She is even old enough to make such decisions as marriage so, I don't know what in Gods name people are talking about especially the first few posters.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by ud4u: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
Nairaland una no go kill me with laugh
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Ibomade1: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Poster I suspect that what you are about to do is called: Operation catch them young
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Ranoscky(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
Gtitan

You'r ryt on point brov, im stil tryna figure out why som ppl says it's in-apropriate. But to me, it's a good match !!!
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by luap: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2010
she to young for you Uncle Molester

By the way, all the posters that support a 32 marrying a 20. Go have your head examined. What is wrong with you folks!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Gtitan: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2010
olo2gbenga:

This goes to all the ladies posting and replying to this sick thread, I want you to out yourselves in th 20yr Old shoes. What wld you do if a 32 yr old man wants to marry you though you're a new graduate and you still have a whole life ahead of you. Please I need you honest opinion by replying to this particular post.

To all the guys who have younger sisters, what wld be your opinion on this issue if it directly affects assuming you have a younger sister, graduate and 20yrs old. Wld you allow her to marry the man or you wld want her to advance in her education, have a working and try to be independent. Please I also your honest opinion.

For the first question: My mother was 17 when she married  a 29 years old writer who worked in a book publishing company.  By the time she was twenty 28, she had raised 4 children, and earn a bachelors degree in law.  At 32 she had two more kids and managed to bag a masters degree in social work.  At sixty five she is retired from working with the united nations and is presently living with her eldest daughter and grand children in the United states.  OH, I am Italian and I spent most of my life in Nigeria, in fact I am a Nigerian citizen. My father passed away seven years ago.

Lastly please, women should begin to understand the need to be responsible for a family (their own family) from the age of 20. In fact seven years from twenty and your clock starts to tick. My sister is a doctor at an IVF clinic and they will tell you that the younger patients are more likely to get pregnant than older patients, older patients meaning 30years and above. Please sisters on this thread, if you as sitting your buts down and laughing at an 18 year old planning to marry some guy and you are unmarried without children, THINK AGAIN.

For the second question: Only and uneducated and backward thinking culture still see women as not equal to men in specific areas such as an education and career development, a well enlightened man/husband would understand the need for his wife to fulfil/achieve most/if not all the objectives she has set for herself in life.  I am a strong supporter of personal development and believe that marriage has/and should never be a barrier to personal development or life achievements in fact marriage is an addition to these values.  Hence my friend, marriage should not stop any 20 year old woman from being who or what she wants to be in life (except a hooker LOL!!!)
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Parnassuss(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
Gtitan:

For the first question: My mother was 17 when she married  a 29 years old writer who worked in a book publishing company.  By the time she was twenty 28, she had raised 4 children, and earn a bachelors degree in law.  At 32 she had two more kids and managed to bag a masters degree in social work.  At sixty five she is retired from working with the united nations and is presently living with her eldest daughter and grand children in the United states.  OH, I am Italian and I spent most of my life in Nigeria, in fact I am a Nigerian citizen. My father passed away seven years ago.

Lastly please, women should begin to understand the need to be responsible for a family (their own family) from the age of 20. In fact seven years from twenty and your clock starts to tick. My sister is a doctor at an IVF clinic and they will tell you that the younger patients are more likely to get pregnant than older patients, older patients meaning 30years and above. Please sisters on this thread, if you as sitting your buts down and laughing at an 18 year old planning to marry some guy and you are unmarried without children, THINK AGAIN.

For the second question: Only and uneducated and backward thinking culture still see women as not equal to men in specific areas such as an education and career development, a well enlightened man/husband would understand the need for his wife to fulfil/achieve most/if not all the objectives she has set for herself in life.  I am a strong supporter of personal development and believe that marriage has/and should never be a barrier to personal development or life achievements in fact marriage is an addition to these values.  Hence my friend, marriage should not stop any 20 year old woman from being who or what she wants to be in life (except a hooker LOL!!!)

Gtitan i don't agree. I see young ppl getting married TODAY and guess that it must have different years back. Ladies now don't want to submit and men can't get their egos in check. Marriage is getting harder by the year and the only way to checkmate this is not by nearly throwing girls into the situation when they are merely girls, but finding compatibility between couples. It is this age-caused rush that will eventually be the headstone to women graves in married life.
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by luap: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
Crazy people. Ofcoures there were times in the past where women were married young. I saw a show once where a 6 year old girl got married, but the people were real old so though it worked, and the years have passed does not make it right in modern times.

20 year old women should find someone closer to her age. So should the 35 year old man. Embrace your culure people. Embrace your time.

1 Like

Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
Sh1t call her Niece no big deal
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by Olumogun: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2010
She called you UNCLE.
And so what?
That is never a new thing now.
Many men started as UNCLE but end up as DARLING.
Nothing spoil my broda, no dull yourself oh!

", to ba dojo ale, pemi loruko, kofami ni irun 'mu , "
Re: I Want Her But She Calls Me 'Uncle' by jude33084(m): 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2010
Uncle I beg rub am vasline e dey pain me! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men / 5 Key Things Men Desire In A Relationship / Birthday Gifts For Your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.