Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (50119 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by rhymz(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2010
It is a waste of time arguing with the likes of Bluetooth, irrespective of the topic of discussion, he sees every arguement that involves an igbo person in tribal shades.
The guy is not capable of any smart unbiased discussion, he will quickly get bored if there's no tribal war in any arguement. Abeg make una free that chronic tribalist jare!
@Topic
I ve read articles like this a countless number of times by Nigerians alleging that Philip Emeagwali is a fraud, my problem with all these writers is the fact that they don't come up with concrete evidence of his fraud besides twisting what the man said and did not say.
This particular article which was taken from saharareporters is so petty and steeped with a twisted version of what he said and did not say, the writer comes across as bitter and jealous, he just couldn't stop downplaying Philip's achievement while he dwelled endlessly on his flaws and mistakes.
To understand Philip's method of self-promotion, one needs to first understand the man's struggles with the system. Obviously, the man is a non-conformist and cares less about the process through which the system works, the mere fact that he had fought with the system unsuccessfully, no doubts is a pointer to his disregard of the process and the entire system and that is where lies his problem-he is unconventional in the way he reports himself and his discoveries.
All these have continued to put him in a league of his own, you know like an intellectual loner in his own world with a bloated sense of his achievements and his brilliance but for anyone to call him a barefaced lier and a fraudster is the height of unrestrained jealousy.
No doubt the man is a genius and as far as the 21 century is concerned he is one of the very rare few in his field that are superintelligent. He may not have gotten it right in the way he goes abt promoting himself but what do you expect from a man that has been 4ck'd over and over again by not conforming to the system?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2010
slap1:

If he bribed his way to prosperity in America, why not leave him alone and criticize the system that allowed him the "undeserved" fame? The first one was he LIED, now is he BRIBED. What's next?
Blame the system,leave the recipient of the criminality of the system !!!
do you know anything about Ethics at all ? Na wa  o.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by houvest: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2010
The IQ of Famous People

Albert Einstein
IQ Score 160  
Andrew Wiles
IQ Score 170  
Andy Warhol
IQ Score 86  
Arnold Schwarzenegger
IQ Score 135  
Benjamin Netanyahu
IQ Score 180  
Bill Clinton
IQ Score 137

Bill Gates
IQ Score 160  
Bobby Czyz.jpg
IQ Score 140  
Bobby Fischer
IQ Score 187  
Brendan O' Carroll
IQ Score 153  
Carol Vorderman
IQ Score 154  
Chris Langan
IQ Score 195

Clive Sinclair
IQ Score 159  
Dolph Lundgren
IQ Score 160  
Dwight Eisenhower
IQ Score 122  
Ellen Muth
IQ Score 156  
Garry Kasparov
IQ Score 190  
Geena Davis
IQ Score 140

George W. Bush
IQ Score 125  
Gerald Ford
IQ Score 121  
Hillary Clinton
IQ Score 140  
James Woods
IQ Score 180  
Jayne Mansfield
IQ Score 149  
Jean Auel
IQ Score 140

Jimmy Carter
IQ Score 156  
Jodie Foster
IQ Score 132  
John Sununu
IQ Score 180  
Jola Sigmond
IQ Score 161  
Judith Polgar
IQ Score 170  
Judy Holliday
IQ Score 172

Kim Ung Yong
IQ Score 210  
Lee Harvey Oswald
IQ Score 118  
Lyndon B. Johnson
IQ Score 126  
Madonna
IQ Score 140  
Marilyn Vos Savant
IQ Score 228  
Muhammad Ali
IQ Score 78

Nicole Kidman
IQ Score 132  
Paul Allen
IQ Score 160  
Philip Emeagwali
IQ Score 190 

John F. Kennedy
IQ Score 119  
Quentin Tarantino
IQ Score 160  
Reggie Jackson
IQ Score 160

Shakira
IQ Score 140

Source: www.kids-iq-tests.com/famous-people.html

Perhaps he also bribed the IQ testers.

~Bluetooth:

What kind of question is this ? Someone bribed his way to prosperity and you are hailing him.who knows how he even got his first degree sef ? Blocking blocking blocking !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2010
rhymz:

[s]It is a waste of time arguing with the likes of Bluetooth, irrespective of the topic of discussion, he sees every arguement that involves an igbo person in tribal shades.
The guy is not capable of any smart unbiased discussion, he will quickly get bored if there's no tribal war in any arguement. Abeg make una free that chronic tribalist jare![/s]
@Topic
I ve read articles like this a countless number of times by Nigerians alleging that Philip Emeagwali is a fraud, my problem with all these writers is the fact that they don't come up with concrete evidence of his fraud besides twisting what the man said and did not say.
This particular article which was taken from saharareporters is [s]so petty and steeped with a twisted version of what he said and did not say, the writer comes across as bitter and jealous, he just couldn't stop downplaying Philip's achievement while he dwelled endlessly on his flaws and mistakes.
[/s]
To understand Philip's method of[b] self-promotion, one needs to first understand the man's struggles with the system. Obviously, the man is a non-conformist and cares less about the process through which the system works, the mere fact that he had fought with the system unsuccessfully, no doubts is a pointer to his disregard of the process and the entire system and that is where lies his problem-he is unconventional in the way he reports himself and his discoveries.

All these have continued to put him in a league of his own, you know like an intellectual loner in his own world with a bloated sense of his achievements and his brilliance but for anyone to call him a barefaced lier and a fraudster is the height of unrestrained jealousy.
No doubt the man is a genius and as far as the 21 century is concerned he is one of the very rare few in his field that are superintelligent. He may not have[b] gotten it right in the way he goes abt promoting himself but what do you expect from a man that has been 4ck'd over and over again by not conforming to the system?

***vomits***
Are you saying that criticism of theories is not acceptable within the realm of science or other knowledge ? Great men like Pythagoras,plato,Aristotle,Karl Marx,st Augustine,Thales,Charles Darwin,Isaac Newton,Ghandi among others have had theories being criticized at one point or the other even with the fact that they didn't[b] smuggle [/b]their way to prosperity.
If it is established that Philip lied his way to prosperity,then everybody have the right to question his ascendency to such prosperity.It has nothing to do with tribe or ethnic.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by tkb417(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2010
Can someone explain to me why any criticism of this guy has to be construed as anti igbo?

I hear one of his first critics was actually Igbo as well. I guess he (the igbo critic) must be suffering
from self loathing or self hate?
someone posted this

Nobody answered

why?

Cant we have intelligent discourse on NL without all these tribal bullchits

dang! its getting fraustrating the kinda people we deal with on this forum

bloody tribal charlatans
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2010
houvest:

The IQ of Famous People

[/b]Albert Einstein
IQ Score 160  
[/b]
Andrew Wiles
IQ Score 170  
Andy Warhol
IQ Score 86  
Arnold Schwarzenegger
IQ Score 135  
Benjamin Netanyahu
IQ Score 180  
Bill Clinton
IQ Score 137

Bill Gates
IQ Score 160  
Bobby Czyz.jpg
IQ Score 140  
Bobby Fischer
IQ Score 187  
Brendan O' Carroll
IQ Score 153  
Carol Vorderman
IQ Score 154  
Chris Langan
IQ Score 195

Clive Sinclair
IQ Score 159  
Dolph Lundgren
IQ Score 160  
Dwight Eisenhower
IQ Score 122  
Ellen Muth
IQ Score 156  
Garry Kasparov
IQ Score 190

Geena Davis
IQ Score 140

George W. Bush
IQ Score 125  
Gerald Ford
IQ Score 121  
Hillary Clinton
IQ Score 140  
James Woods
IQ Score 180  
Jayne Mansfield
IQ Score 149  
Jean Auel
IQ Score 140

Jimmy Carter
IQ Score 156  
Jodie Foster
IQ Score 132  
John Sununu
IQ Score 180  
Jola Sigmond
IQ Score 161  
Judith Polgar
IQ Score 170  
Judy Holliday
IQ Score 172

Kim Ung Yong
IQ Score 210

Lee Harvey Oswald
IQ Score 118  
Lyndon B. Johnson
IQ Score 126  
Madonna
IQ Score 140  
Marilyn Vos Savant
IQ Score 228  
Muhammad Ali
IQ Score 78

Nicole Kidman
IQ Score 132  
Paul Allen
IQ Score 160  
Philip Emeagwali
IQ Score 190 

John F. Kennedy
IQ Score 119  
Quentin Tarantino
IQ Score 160  
Reggie Jackson
IQ Score 160

Shakira
IQ Score 140

Source: www.kids-iq-tests.com/famous-people.html

Perhaps he also bribed the IQ testers.

Einstein has an IQ score of 160 but today he's recognized as an important icon in the world of physics ! Did he spice his credentials to achieve such feat ? No
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 9:11am On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Einstein has an IQ score of 160 but today he's recognized as an important icon in the world of physics ! Did he spice his credentials to achieve such feat ? No
Did Emeagwali bribe and spice his credential to have an IQ level that is above Bill Gates' and other famous people? If yes, then he's truly great!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

How well do you know Einstein?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by lekside44(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2010
wa oo
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by houvest: 9:16am On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You alleged that he bribed his way to fame and then put question marks on his other degrees and I showed you that he was a genius ( 140 and above scores are regarded as Genius) and asked you whether you think he bribed the IQ testers you now went off into another tangent about Einstein without adressing the first. In other words if I disprove your new argument. you are going to veer off into another one. That is intellectual dishonesty akin to the same allegation you have against Emeagwali. If this is how you conduct youe arguments, sorry I'm out.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by rhymz(m): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

***vomits***
Are you saying that criticism of theories is not acceptable within the realm of science or other knowledge ? Great men like Pythagoras,plato,Aristotle,Karl Marx,st Augustine,Thales,Charles Darwin,Isaac Newton,Ghandi among others have had theories being criticized at one point or the other even with the fact that they didn't[b] smuggle [/b]their way to prosperity.
If it is established that Philip lied his way to prosperity,then everybody have the right to question his ascendency to such prosperity.It has nothing to do with tribe or ethnic.
. . . FOOL! By now U should know how I roll when it comes to U and the other vagabonds, I will be the last person to engage in any arguement with your likes that will be too degrading for me, rather I will tame you and bully you around. I guess those names from your secondary sch test books U muddled up are supposed to wow me and give you out as a scholar. . Hahahahaha. . .mur'4ckin Goon with a -1 I.Q looking for whom to denigrate and bring down to Ur MORONIC level of bandying tribal epithets. !diot mask your bubblegum intelligence when real intelligent ppl are talking, you just don't fit anywhere in the equation.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by hercules07: 9:34am On Oct 20, 2010
Emeagwali can claim everything he likes in Physics, as far as I am concerned he is not the father of the internet, he did nothing to aid the internet. I will ask his supporters to check out all the RFCs released by the OSI and the IEEE if Emeagwali was ever a member of the committees that drafted these RFCs, as I have said Radia Perlman is the mother of the internet, she designed Spanning tree Algorithm, Link State Protocols, Thrill, stuff for Sun Microsystems, Digital Equipment Corp (they gave us Ethernet), I will expect the so called father of the internet to surpass her achievements or to be at par.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 20, 2010
slap1:

How well do you know Einstein?
I know more about the philosophical aspects of his theory especially as it relates to the existence of God.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 20, 2010
rhymz:

. . . FOOL! By now U should know how I roll when it comes to U and the other vagabonds, I will be the last person to engage in any arguement with your likes that will be too degrading for me, rather[b] I will tame you and bully you around. I guess those names from your secondary sch test books [/b]U muddled up are supposed to wow me and give you out as a scholar. . Hahahahaha. . .mur'4ckin Goon with a -1 I.Q looking for whom to  denigrate and bring down to your MORONIC level of bandying tribal epithets. !diot mask your bubblegum intelligence when real intelligent ppl are talking, you just don't fit anywhere in the equation.
Did you go to school at all ? So,you are telling me that you get to know names of great and founding fathers of knowledge in secondary school ! Do secondary schools in Nigeria offer Phiosophy ? Ode,you think I'm a school cert holder like you.don't personalize this thread jo,Philip na big 419
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2010
When i first saw this sham news in sahara Reporters yesterday, i didn't need anybody to tell me that Sowore and his cohorts in sahara reporters
are at it again. SR is fast loosing it's credibility as the eye of Nigerians both at home and in Diaspora. Their trend of reportage is becoming more worrisome as they seem ready to burn down a building in pursuit of a rat! I did reply to that sham yesterday as i am doing now "How many of some of these naive commentators above has ever disputed the 'fact' that Mungo Park discovered River Niger? Amplifying an irrelevant view of a local media in the west in order to uphold one of their own will do us no good as a country.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by rhymz(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Did you go to school at all ? So,you are telling me that you get to know names of great and founding fathers of knowledge in secondary school ! Does secondary schools in Nigeria offer Phiosophy ? Ode,you think I'm a school cert holder like you.don't personalize this thread jo,Philip na big 419
. . Hahahaha, while you were busy learning abt Pythagoras, gregory Mendel, Charles Darwin,Isaac Newton, and all those other names anyone can easily pick up from secondary sch txt books in your okokomaiko University, I was busy learning abt things you can never have the capacity to learn in your entire miserable existence.
Your attempts at trying to sound more intelligent than you really are, is making you look more and more like an irredeemable dunce.
Your case reminds me of the malady of a person that does not know and does not know he does not know.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by papabaks(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2010
Can any one show or post a link saying Philip is a Fraudster?

Has He been accused of His claims, Being the FATHER OF INTERNET?

What is EFCC Doing about itAre they aware?

All of you that have nothing to do than to look for the down fall of a Famous and Innocent Man, all of you are just bunch of JACKSSSS,

WHEN THE TIME COME, YOU WILL ALL USE THAT YOUR STUPID MOUTH TO APOLOGIZE TO HIM.  

PHILIP NEVER MIND THEY ARE ALL ENEMIES.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by otokx(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2010
Hercules 07 has said it all.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2010
rhymz:

. . Hahahaha, while you were busy learning abt[b] Pythagoras,[/b] gregory Mendel, Charles Darwin,Isaac Newton, and all those other names anyone can easily pick up from secondary sch txt books in your okokomaiko University,[s] I was busy learning abt things you can never have the capacity to learn in your entire miserable existence.
[/s]
Your attempts at trying to sound more intelligent than you really are, is making you look more and more like an irredeemable dunce.
Your case reminds me of the malady of a person that does not know and does not know he does not know.
LWKMD. . .this guy is so funny.Have heard of transmigration of the soul during your secondary school days ? Yes or No !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Jarus(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2010
papabaks:

Can any one show or post a link saying Philip is a Fraudster?

Has He been accused of His claims, Being the FATHER OF INTERNET?

What is EFCC Doing about itAre they aware?
All of you that have nothing to do than to look for the down fall of a Famous and Innocent Man, all of you are just bunch of JACKSSSS,

WHEN THE TIME COME, YOU WILL ALL USE THAT YOUR silly MOUTH TO APOLOGIZE TO HIM. 

PHILIP NEVER MIND THEY ARE ALL ENEMIES.

grin This one na Financial crime? Maybe na Sanusi we go call next  grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Iysayah(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2010
nwo i understand why Nigeria will get nowhere. if you are still in Nigeria think twice, you and your children have no future, The world is celebrating a man who rose from nothing while some nonentities with I.Q's at negative are busy running their brain-deficient fingers on pads to pull him down. he is not even a nigeian anymore! forget running him down. i am closing Nland profile. this forum is full Pessimists,cynics, retards, brainless, and all sorts. go on dissing yourself! you are Nigerians!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Ericology(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2010
DapoBear:

Well, as much as this disgusts me, it is good to know. If I ever commit some type of horrible crime here in the US, I can always move back to Nigeria and my countrymen will support me, no matter how much evidence there is against me.

Good to know.

U sound like a broken record, shut up or talk like an adult, no competent law court or panel in the US has certified Emeagwali a fraud, 10 yrs ago during my first few weeks in Germany, i mistakenly boarded a speed train with a ticket meant for a regional slow train and was fined for it, today it still props up whenever the authorities run a background check on me, what makes you think Emeagwali who has been honored by several western media outlets and whos been frequenting the white house and is at the beck and call of many top US and world political class is a fraud, abeg,, this is a case of bad belle, if i achieved 20% of wat Emeagwali had achieved , i wld drive around my town on a Chariot while naked beautiful women wld accompany me wherever i go, LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by strangest(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
http://www.time.com/time/2007/blackhistmth/bios/04.html

P H I L I P E M E A G W A L I
A C a l c u l a t i n g M o v e

It's hard to say who invented the Internet. There were many mathematicians and scientists who contributed to its development; computers were sending signals to each other as early as the 1950s. But the Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali, a math whiz who came up with the formula for allowing a large number of computers to communicate at once.

Emeagwali was born to a poor family in Akure, Nigeria, in 1954. Despite his brain for math, he had to drop out of school because his family, who had become war refugees, could no longer afford to send him. As a young man, he earned a general education certificate from the University of London and later degrees from George Washington University and the University of Maryland, as well as a doctoral fellowship from the University of Michigan.

At Michigan, he participated in the scientific community's debate on how to simulate the detection of oil reservoirs using a supercomputer. Growing up in an oil-rich nation and understanding how oil is drilled, Emeagwali decided to use this problem as the subject of his doctoral dissertation. Borrowing an idea from a science fiction story about predicting the weather, Emeagwali decided that rather than using 8 expensive supercomputers he would employ thousands of microprocessors to do the computation.

The only step left was to find 8 machines and connect them. (Remember, it was the 80s.) Through research, he found a machine called the Connection Machine at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, which had sat unused after scientists had given up on figuring out how to make it simulate nuclear explosions. The machine was designed to run 65,536 interconnected microprocessors. In 1987, he applied for and was given permission to use the machine, and remotely from his Ann Arbor, Michigan, location he set the parameters and ran his program. In addition to correctly computing the amount of oil in the simulated reservoir, the machine was able to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second.

The crux of the discovery was that Emeagwali had programmed each of the microprocessors to talk to six neighboring microprocessors at the same time.

The success of this record-breaking experiment meant that there was now a practical and inexpensive way to use machines like this to speak to each other all over the world. Within a few years, the oil industry had seized upon this idea, then called the Hyperball International Network creating a virtual world wide web of ultrafast digital communication.

The discovery earned him the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers' Gordon Bell Prize in 1989, considered the Nobel Prize of computing, and he was later hailed as one of the fathers of the Internet. Since then, he has won more than 100 prizes for his work and Apple computer has used his microprocessor technology in their Power Mac G4 model. Today he lives in Washington with his wife and son.

"The Internet as we know it today did not cross my mind," Emeagwali told TIME. "I was hypothesizing a planetary-sized supercomputer and, broadly speaking, my focus was on how the present creates the future and how our image of the future inspires the present."
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2010
Philip Emeagwali is an intelligent man who came from humble beginnings, but you people continue to try and bring him down.

This man survived the BIAFRAN WAR! And he went on to do these things. We will continue to defend this man, so all you people who continue to call him a fraud can go to helll.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by kildran: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2010
First off, I don't see how this topic got on the front page. Its a needless one, but I must address the issues raised by people like Abagworo, Rhymz and a few others.
I feel it is a clanish mindset when people defend blindly based on tribal sentiments, if what Mr. Emegwali has been alleged to have done is true, then the guy is a criminal. You don't appropriate academic achievements to yourself, that just tells people who have worked hard that what they have done is a total waste of time. Hardwork and recognition should come hand in hand, but when you give hardwork without recognition that is evil, and recognition without hardwork is fraud.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by jamale2112(m): 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2010
hmmmm!!! Now i cant blame micheal jackson who said he's only regret was been black. God we blacks why are we all destiny destroyers? Dats y we are still lacking behind, we neva celebrate our own but condemn. Just lyk d guy who brought forth d formula 4 paint used by oil industries is unknown, forgotten n dumped at d junkside of history. People lyk dat we neva try 2 bring dem forth 2 their rightful place in history bt always there 2 crash d fortunate ones. Haba! we nid 2 change in dis part of d earth.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by kildran: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2010
Jamale 2112
Pls dnt trump the racial card, na beg we beg u. If this guy had done the right thing we wont be drubbing him (Why are we not defaming Soyinka? or Achebe?). But when you do the wrong things for an easy way to fame this is what happens.
It may interest all to know that Mr Emegwali is now a simple motivational speaker!

So he has left the academic field for us.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2010
kildran:

First off, I don't see how this topic got on the front page. Its a needless one, but I must address the issues raised by people like Abagworo, Rhymz and a few others.
I feel it is a clanish mindset when people defend blindly based on tribal sentiments, if what Mr. Emegwali has been alleged to have done is true, then the guy is a criminal. You don't appropriate academic achievements to yourself, that just tells people who have worked hard that what they have done is a total waste of time. Hardwork and recognition should come hand in hand, but when you give [s]hardwork without recognition that is evil,[/s] and[b] recognition without hardwork is fraud.
[/b]
If he deserves such recognition,he would have got it through continous hardwork but when he now arrogate to himself what he's not,then he has committed a fraud.some of present day scholars were not acknowledged or praised during their life-time but today,they are hero in their area of knowledge.
socrates was charged and killed for his theories questioning the real existence of the universe but today,you can't talk about philosophy without mentioning his name.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by hercules07: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2010
Emeagwali is a brilliant man no doubt, he is very intelligent no question, the issue I have is the guy ascribing honours to himself. He did nothing for the internet, he has no peer reviewed articles and people are here celebrating him kai. I do not blame him sha, the society we live in celebrates frauds.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Caroguama(f): 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2010
Are you sure this is true? If it is, then another feather to Nigeria's already filled heart for fraud and faking it!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2010
hercules07:

Emeagwali is a brilliant man no doubt, he is very intelligent no question, the issue I have is the guy ascribing honours to himself. He did nothing for the internet, he has no peer reviewed articles and people are here celebrating him kai. I do not blame him sha, the society we live in celebrates frauds.

What do you mean? Time Magazine has said that he contributed to the development in the internet. This man has won hundreds of awards. It is only Nigerians who are calling him a fraud. The rest of the world considers him a genius. So I am going to go with the world, instead of some jealous Nigerians who do not know any better.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by papabaks(m): 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2010
hercules07:

We will keep celebrating HIM till he die, what about you are been celebratedIf Yes, Then where?loll in your Village or your Home,

Even though He claims what is not His, the point is, He has contributed something into the world of internet, simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night / #EndSARS: Women, Mothers Protest In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / Abuja Presidential Election Result: APC Defeats PDP - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.