Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,248 members, 7,939,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Need Help With My Honda Overheating - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Help With My Honda Overheating (774 Views)

Urgently In Need Of Cash... My Honda Civic 2003 For Sale In Give Away Price / Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car / My Honda Civic Millenium Model Suddenly Stop While On Top Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With My Honda Overheating by kazibra: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2010
Hello All

I have a Honda accord 1991 series (popularly referred to as HONDA HALLA).The problem started about 3 months ago when there was some leakages in some of the hose which always make the car overheat when the water leak out of the radiator.One after the other I was able to change the leaking hose only for the overheating to continue.I was informed by a mechanic that the first overheating had burnt the gasket and that I have to change it: which I did and the problem subsided.
About 3 weeks ago,the car started overheating again and I have done everything possible (Flush the radiator,change the gasket again!,have a rewire put my cooling fan in order) but the engine still overheat.Right now the car overheat within 15 minutes of driving and truly I don't know what to do again cos am fed up with all these mechanics suggesting solutions that doesn't solve the problem
I will appreciate if anybody can help me out.
Re: Need Help With My Honda Overheating by drmax(m): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2010
i am not a mechanic but let the electrician and your mechanic work together - change the gasget again, check that fan is working well, check thermostat and check the water pump. Did you recently instal an AC?Over heating from either a poorly functioning fan, a bad thermostat or a bad water pump could be recurrently burning the top cylinder gasget. So it is go to check everything at once, fix the primary fault and replace a burnt gasget. Good luck.
Re: Need Help With My Honda Overheating by kazibra: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2010
@drmax

Thank you so much for your advice.I did as you said and we finally discovered that it was the last thing we suspected (the radiator) taht was causing the problem.I change the radiator and the problem was solved.

I appreciate your advice man.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used 2002 Model Infinity Qx4[full Optioned]4 Sales N1.250m 08052334306 / Clean Registered 2007 Hyundai Elantra For N1.5mSOLD!!!SOLD!!!SOLD / Super Sweet Factory Keyless Entry (remote Control)offers (5k Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.