Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,102 members, 7,880,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff (98240 Views)

"My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" -lady / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by sonnie10: 3:39am On Aug 15, 2019
sassysure:

Why did u say it's ridiculous?
Are u making fun of other people's way of cooking or do u think the way u guys make it is the best.
Since I started eating beans, we always use crayfish. I'm not Yoruba and yes, we use crayfish to make beans. Can't imagine eating beans without crayfish in it.
Oporo to be precise if u have the money to buy it.
Complete balanced diet except carbohydrate u can get from the side dish.
And my husband cooks it better than me.
We don't come from the family that marry husbands that see kitchen as a woman's place only.

If u have the money, buy crayfish( lots of it) and use it to fry ur red oil,onions and pepper. Don't be biased, come and tell me which one is better.
Did you know that beans is mostly carbohydrate? Most people think of it as protein but it’s not. The carbohydrate value in beans is more than the protein but because among the staple foods in Nigeria, beans happen to be the few with protein, that is why it is wrongly regarded as such.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by joetem(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Its ewa agoyin

Chai, I was in the same shoe for a while, las las, I made up my mind not to, even if I want, I do the buying myself

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2019
sonnie10:

Did you know that beans is mostly carbohydrate? Most people think of it as protein but it’s not. The carbohydrate value in beans is more than the protein but because among the staple foods in Nigeria, beans happen to be the few with protein, that is why it is wrongly regarded as such.
U are right but if u break the carb content of beans, more than half is fibre which suppresses the effect of sugar(carb)in the beans. That's why it's very filling and takes time to digest.
So it's good to say that the carb in beans e.g. kidney beans is the good carb. Reason those dieting uses it, diabetic patients etc.
If u remove the % of fibre, protein now becomes higher.
U now get the picture? The high fibre and protein makes it more filling.
If u continuously eat protein for a long time and ur body is craving carb and u happen to eat beans, the protein in beans will convert to carb kiss
In general, beans is a better alternative to beef and chicken they prepare with the skin in Nigeria.
Although fìòfìò(I'm thinking this might be soya beans) is better and has more protein advantage but it's not recognised in Nigeria as beans.

Black beans and some other types has very minimal carb but not as filling yet very proteinous. My best is the black one.
I bought the big red kidney beans almost 8 months now but is so afraid to cook it when I read it can be poisonous.

In Nigeria, we don't have food crops that have protein that much and the ones we have, we don't know how to make them generally acceptable to the public.

That's the more reason I add seafood when cooking it.
I am.never comfortable eating any beans related food without seafood.
The thing is that our people mostly follow the crowd when cooking and don't care about the nutritional value of what they eat or cook.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sweettwenty8: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2019
Isoduwa:

Bingo

Your mother is.. So i understand
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Isoduwa(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Your mother is.. So i understand

Spoiled rotten tomato �
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sweettwenty8: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2019
Isoduwa:

Spoiled rotten tomato �

'Spoilt' ode

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Isoduwa(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

'Spoilt' ode

You will remain single till you die

No man will ever eat your food again
Ijn amen
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by comtem2011: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
Olalan:
Just maybe you need some hard talk with your hubby........ask him why he want that particular EWA..it could just be in the way it's prepared by the woman which you could also adopt.
You Know mama put rice and beans is always different from the one cooked at home. I don't know why, their beans has that special taste. May be that's what the husband likes about it who knows.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by comtem2011: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Bad mouth, make me sef talk.. how do i make out time when i can actually cook or you think I'm one of these spoilt omo butty? Forget Magodo Gra, i grew up in a home where dem no born you well if you no sabi cook, my daddy gave birth to 5 girls and he has a time table of who cooks what and when.. Mumsy sold food so why i no go sabi cook?
from my own view, its the aroma of the stew with the ewa that your husband likes. Have you ever imagine the aroma of Buka food? even if you cook it at home, it can never be like their own.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Isoduwa(m): 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

'Spoilt' ode

Lizard � head
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sweettwenty8: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Isoduwa:

You will remain single till you die

No man will ever eat your food again
Ijn amen

Haha �

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sweettwenty8: 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Isoduwa:

Lizard � head

Haha
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by stephnie44(f): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
Finaly i decided to create an account

What's up Nairaland, Please Pardon my English.

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad
nne u dont have problem i swear
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sparkle777(f): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your husband is such a polite gentleman. His kind is rare and he thinks so much about how you'd feel and that's why he won't tell you truth.
That is so wrong of him but Hanty, NwaAmaikpe is here to serve you that long hidden truth.

You are a pathetic cook and he is being too civil to say it. Dude cares so much about it not coming off the wrong way so he'd communicate indirectly and expect an intelligent you to get the subliminal message.

Sadly you don't.

Your colleagues only tolerate your meal because it is free. I don't think they'd eat past a spoon if they were paying for it.
You also don't expect them to criticize it because very few are like us.

I once had a colleague back then who always brought food for me. One day I decided to give it a try.
I tasted the beans and it was like raw carbide mixed with Cameroon pepper.
Anyways, I was courteous enough to tell her to send an assassin instead of trying to kill me with food.

Ewa should be the easiest thing for you to cook....so if he keeps requesting for Iya Basira's ewa, it is so that it can help neutralize the effect of the remaining of your edible poison in the rice and stew.

Please be a virtuous woman.
Be a wife,
And be a mother to that poor man.
It's not fair that you have to send him to Sokoto to get what is in his shokoto.
It's also not fair that you waste his resources to build office relationships.

It is from clapping that the best dances emanate.
Today, you feel obliged to feed your colleagues.
They now eat daily from your cooler. I hope very soon they won't be eating out of your honeypot as well?

"It is from help me hold my gown, help me hold my gown that Azuka found out the colour of his landlady's pant".

OMG shocked shocked shocked u got over a thousand likes over this comment? Does it mean ppl actually take u serious? Do they mean,the poster can't really Cook? I fear u today...
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sparkle777(f): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
seuncyrus:
Long post alert!

This happened in my family while we were growing up too funny enough grin, I was still very young then. We had just moved to a new area in monatan, don't know how my dad tasted that woman's beans oh but he sha got hooked. So anytime we prepare rice in the house he would send me to go and buy beans from the woman (no fish ,no meat no stew and it's not as if the woman's place is neat or anything, jut this old woman that cooks very well ) the shop was just like 3 minutes away from our house so we ate it well ( me and my dad). It got to a point that if the mama didn't cook me and my dad won't eat rice .The taste of the beans was just so different only God knows what she adds.

To cut the long story short my Mom ended it herself, she warned my dad to stop and even went to warn the woman to stop selling to us or she'll report to the landlord association, she started preparing beans and adding it to our rice, that's how we stopped eating the mama's beans till she left.

The truth is, no matter how good of a cook you are or how well you've eaten good meals ....when you taste something different you'll know. As an adult, i've always been against buying food outside, i don't like it cos I never get satisfied with the quality and quantity, but fast forward to last year I tasted one mad jollof rice in Obaniyi, it was (and still is the best jollof have ever tasted in my life). I found myself going back to buy over and over again. When I was about to leave Lagos around December I was already thinking of how I was going to cope without the food(i was so hooked grin). So one day I stayed with one of the cooks when she wanted to cook a new batch(I was a regular and she knew me well cos i crack jokes about learning from her anytime I come to buy)and i saw all the techniques to make the jollof, and believe me it is different from your regular way of cooking jollof.

So I learnt the whole technique of their jollof rice and when I got back to Ibadan I prepared my first Jollof rice, but it was horibble , second time was fair but still didn't taste like it and the third time was the standard. I cooked the Jollof for my friends and the feedback was mad. Now, I'm back in Lagos and I haven't even visited the place in months, I only go there when I'm too lazy to cook.

Believe it or not there's a technique to every meal, home cooked ewa's taste is usually different from buka ewa. Same with home cooked ewedu and buka ewedu and many others,there are techniques to it , don't mind those telling you to switch your Ewa with the mama put's own cos you know that he'll know. Try get close to one of the main cook and see how they are doing theirs (it could even be a very simple thing like puting onions inside hot water before puting the beans) You never can tell.

Shalom

My dear, pls give us the recipe to the mad jollof. One can never know it all.
@poster, just indulge ur hubby. This things do happen, I fell in love wit one catfish joint when I visited Lagos years back despite hating catfish. I bought it everyday. I didn't want to learn how its been prepared, I value my peace too much. But I ate it like my life depends on it. Nwaamaikpe is our guilty pleasure, he writes so good hence the likes but we don't take him too seriously. He is a celebrity here, when he missed for a while, we all cried for him.
Besides he eats all ur other food joyfully, just that ewa which I feel u should kukuma buy and enjoy too. Have a happy home.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
tohyorsih2:
Deola 2020 see the thread i told you about grin grin

grin grin
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by NUJABEZ: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2019
suco01:

U no lie, before I could eat rice alone, it took me almost 4 years, my wife no like beans at all and me as an hustler na bread and beans. Anything rice without beans na nothing. But now I don adjust

True talk. I remember from 2003 - 2008, I was doing 1.0.1. Large loaf of bread + full plate of beans and one egg or pomo in the morning. It used keep hunger far far away from me. We called it concrete meal because you only need to add water during the course of the day.

Good times.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by adanny01(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2019
sonnie10:

Let me do a comparison between rice, beans and yam.

Rice has 2.7% of protein and 28% of carbohydrate
Beans has 23.5% of protein and 60% of carbohydrate
Yam has 1.5% of protein and 28% carbohydrate

Ratio of protein-carb

Rice 1:10
Beans 1:2.55
Yam 1:18.66

Eating rice or yam only as a staple without a source of protein will lead to malnutrition.

But the protein in beans is enough to keep away malnutrition.

Carbohydrate is not hard to find but protein is. So beans which is a high protein content food is very essential and is among the high protein food encouraged by nutritionist. Beans is regarded proteineous not because it doesn't have carbohydrate but because it has high protein compared to other staple food we consume.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Konquest: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
psalmuelwater:
You might need to intern with that particular "mama put" for a week, so you can learn how he loves it. If after doing this, he's still hellbent on that particular woman's "EWA". It is finished niyen ooo. You better go MFM go deliver am
Exactly what I had in mind as
the best solution! wink

"Interning" with the cooked
ewa seller is the keyword
here just as you've stated!

I only eat soft beans cooked
with a pressure cooker as
well... I'm so addicted to it.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Konquest: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Sweettwenty8:
Finaly i decided to create an account

What's up Nairaland, Please Pardon my English.

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad
Okay... This is 2021!
Hope you've learned how to cook
that style of ewa that your man
loves? wink

... That's his "love language" if
you care to know. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy / Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.