Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,087 members, 7,970,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:00 AM

How I Got My First US Visa (2) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Got My First US Visa (2) (1237 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Netherlands Visa 2 / Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got My First US Visa (2) by NaijaGirlinus: 4:33am On Aug 12, 2019
On the day of the my interview, I woke up at 5am ,prayed and got ready to head out feeling quite a little jittery.I had been fore warned about the crowd that usually besiege the embassy on daily basis so it was better I got there early than late.I got into my black SUV and drove to Victoria Island. Due to the usual traffic, the drive took me about 45 minutes.When I got to the embassy, I realised there is a car park that is about 10 minutes walk away because cars aren't allowed close to the embassy.After I parked and paid the usual parking fee, I had to ditch my high heels for a flat shoe I had at back of my seat. I got all the documents I had arranged which included { my application form, GTB visa fee receipts,a reference letter from my company indicating I work there and my company ID cards}.I didn't go with a statement of my account because when I went through the supporting documents listed on their website, it wasn't included.

After the 10 minutes walk to the US embassy, I met quite a crowd outside despite getting there as early as 7am.The first security you would approach leads you into the close where the embassy is situated and you would walk for about 3 minutes to get to the US embassy.From how I approached the building, the main embassy building is on the right side while on your left is another building where all non US citizen applicants pass through some security checks before going to the main embassy for the interview.They let people into the building in batches so while about a hundred of us waited outside the gate, people who came earlier were already being processed inside for the main interview.Standing outside, you could see people( precisely Nigerians who are US citizens) going directly into the embassy on the right side.So, while I was on the line waiting for our batch to go into the left gate,I caught sight of the first celebrity Laura Ikeji! She looked completely different from what she looked like on Instagram. The difference was so glaring that I almost didn't believe she was the one.Even though she tried hiding her face with a black sun shade, she did a bad job of it.She was on the same queue with everybody else and I think she finally got the visa because she posted her US trip on Instagram some weeks after the interview.

But the second celebrity I saw gave us quite an entertainment and that was Davido.Shortly after I sighted Laura, two black SUVs with tinted glasses wound up in front of the main embassy building.Usually when this happens, it had to be conveying someone very influential because cars are not allowed inside that gated close.The SUVs parked in front of the main building, another indication that whoever it was must be an American citizen. The moment the cars stopped there, some bodyguards jumped down from all doors and that really got people's attention.Just about the same time, the soldiers manning the embassy building approached the car immediately and an argument ensued.It happened that the soldiers told them they couldn't stop there but the person inside the car didn't find that funny so he started arguing with them .He was shouting on the soldiers and saying don't you know who I am,I am an American Citizen.... but the three soldiers weren't having any of that.After a little scuffle, the person jumped down from the vehicle and lo and behold, it was Davido. After that first fiasco, Davido approached the security entrance and another drama ensued. He was stripped of everything metal on his body including his phones, belt ,jewelry but he didn't find that funny. The soldiers told him they would not grant him access into the building unless he complies with the rules.

After shouting again for another 5 minutes, he angrily went back to his vehicle to put all his jewelry and phones in the car before coming back.At this point, he was now granted access into the building.It was very obvious all those soldiers were not thrilled by the fact that he is a popular music star, it felt as if they were hell bent on embarrassing him with the manner they went about it. At a point, one of the soldiers felt bad and started begging Davido to calm and tried telling his colleagues to take it easy but they paid deaf ears. When Davido came back to the security point from his car, they searched him again before letting him in.About 30 minutes later, the cars pulled up again and Davido came out of the building and told the only soldier who supported him during his fiasco with the security guys to follow him to the car.When he got to the car, he brought out bundles of notes and gave to him.At the sight of that, the other three soldiers who I would love to refer to as *shameless* hurried to the car to beg for theirs but Davido slammed the door and his driver zoomed off.The one who got the money hurriedly put it inside his pocket and looked around hideously obviously knowing there were cameras every where.The other soldiers started arguing with him as they approached their security house. The 4 finally came out smiling which invariably means they must have settled each other.

It was quite an entertainment as we forgot about having to stand for hours, waiting for our turn to go into the left building.Finally, I got into the building where I saw a larger number of people sitting accordingly and proceeding seat by seat.When you get into the building, they will go through your document and give you a number, then you seat and wait for your turn to go to the main embassy building on the other side .This was another long wait but the good thing about it was that you get to sit down under the AC while you wait.After waiting for about 2 hours, I finally got to enter the main embassy for my interview.
Watch out for the concluding part in my next post.

Source
https://naijagirllivinginus..com/2019/08/how-i-got-my-first-us-visa-2.html
Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by Alwaysking: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2019
I'm marveled by your writing prowess, this is an enthralling​ piece to read, thumbs up!
Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by sparog(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2019
Cool write up

grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:54am On Aug 12, 2019
Interesting thread.
So happy for you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by ultimatebas(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2019
Davido and drama. Him for form gentleman for once.
Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by Hungrychicken(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2019
Interesting story. David really needs an anger management class, that's why WizKid is better than him.
Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by otipoju(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
You put jara for this your story ooo.

Davido knows better than to be arguing with soldiers at an american embassy.
Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by ashawopikin(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
NaijaGirlinus:

On the day of the my interview, I woke up at 5am ,prayed and got ready to head out feeling quite a little jittery.I had been fore warned about the crowd that usually besiege the embassy on daily basis so it was better I got there early than late.I got into my black SUV and drove to Victoria Island. Due to the usual traffic, the drive took me about 45 minutes.When I got to the embassy, I realised there is a car park that is about 10 minutes walk away because cars aren't allowed close to the embassy.After I parked and paid the usual parking fee, I had to ditch my high heels for a flat shoe I had at back of my seat. I got all the documents I had arranged which included { my application form, GTB visa fee receipts,a reference letter from my company indicating I work there and my company ID cards}.I didn't go with a statement of my account because when I went through the supporting documents listed on their website, it wasn't included.

After the 10 minutes walk to the US embassy, I met quite a crowd outside despite getting there as early as 7am.The first security you would approach leads you into the close where the embassy is situated and you would walk for about 3 minutes to get to the US embassy.From how I approached the building, the main embassy building is on the right side while on your left is another building where all non US citizen applicants pass through some security checks before going to the main embassy for the interview.They let people into the building in batches so while about a hundred of us waited outside the gate, people who came earlier were already being processed inside for the main interview.Standing outside, you could see people( precisely Nigerians who are US citizens) going directly into the embassy on the right side.So, while I was on the line waiting for our batch to go into the left gate,I caught sight of the first celebrity Laura Ikeji! She looked completely different from what she looked like on Instagram. The difference was so glaring that I almost didn't believe she was the one.Even though she tried hiding her face with a black sun shade, she did a bad job of it.She was on the same queue with everybody else and I think she finally got the visa because she posted her US trip on Instagram some weeks after the interview.

But the second celebrity I saw gave us quite an entertainment and that was Davido.Shortly after I sighted Laura, two black SUVs with tinted glasses wound up in front of the main embassy building.Usually when this happens, it had to be conveying someone very influential because cars are not allowed inside that gated close.The SUVs parked in front of the main building, another indication that whoever it was must be an American citizen. The moment the cars stopped there, some bodyguards jumped down from all doors and that really got people's attention.Just about the same time, the soldiers manning the embassy building approached the car immediately and an argument ensued.It happened that the soldiers told them they couldn't stop there but the person inside the car didn't find that funny so he started arguing with them .He was shouting on the soldiers and saying don't you know who I am,I am an American Citizen.... but the three soldiers weren't having any of that.After a little scuffle, the person jumped down from the vehicle and lo and behold, it was Davido. After that first fiasco, Davido approached the security entrance and another drama ensued. He was stripped of everything metal on his body including his phones, belt ,jewelry but he didn't find that funny. The soldiers told him they would not grant him access into the building unless he complies with the rules.

After shouting again for another 5 minutes, he angrily went back to his vehicle to put all his jewelry and phones in the car before coming back.At this point, he was now granted access into the building.It was very obvious all those soldiers were not thrilled by the fact that he is a popular music star, it felt as if they were hell bent on embarrassing him with the manner they went about it. At a point, one of the soldiers felt bad and started begging Davido to calm and tried telling his colleagues to take it easy but they paid deaf ears. When Davido came back to the security point from his car, they searched him again before letting him in.About 30 minutes later, the cars pulled up again and Davido came out of the building and told the only soldier who supported him during his fiasco with the security guys to follow him to the car.When he got to the car, he brought out bundles of notes and gave to him.At the sight of that, the other three soldiers who I would love to refer to as *shameless* hurried to the car to beg for theirs but Davido slammed the door and his driver zoomed off.The one who got the money hurriedly put it inside his pocket and looked around hideously obviously knowing there were cameras every where.The other soldiers started arguing with him as they approached their security house. The 4 finally came out smiling which invariably means they must have settled each other.

It was quite an entertainment as we forgot about having to stand for hours, waiting for our turn to go into the left building.Finally, I got into the building where I saw a larger number of people sitting accordingly and proceeding seat by seat.When you get into the building, they will go through your document and give you a number, then you seat and wait for your turn to go to the main embassy building on the other side .This was another long wait but the good thing about it was that you get to sit down under the AC while you wait.After waiting for about 2 hours, I finally got to enter the main embassy for my interview.
Watch out for the concluding part in my next post.

Source
https://naijagirllivinginus..com/2019/08/how-i-got-my-first-us-visa-2.html
u are a bloody liar, soldiers don't work at the embassy, we only have a car park opposite the embassy, where cars parked, it's called napex car park, we don't work with the us embassy, only mopol

3 Likes

Re: How I Got My First US Visa (2) by JWTheocracy1: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
ultimatebas:
Davido and drama. Him for form gentleman for once.

You say wetin?? :- undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is It Still Safe To Travel To North With Luxurious Bus? / I Visited Lago Sul,one Of The Richest Neighbourhoods In Brasilia,brazil(photos) / WARNING - Do Not Travel To Arab Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.